Is Apple Still Signing 4.3
I'm on 4.11 - if I update the apple tv will it not put it to ios5?

Just yesterday my xbmc install crashed, i managed to get a stable version running via Nito TV but nightlys just won't launch. Icefilms stutters like crazy, i remember a latest nightly fixed the problem.

I'm tempted to do a fresh jailbreak etc - any advice appreciated!
I'm assuming that apple is still signing 8f455? I plan on jailbreaking a couple of more aTVs. It'd be great if we could keep this thread up to date so we know if the untethered firmware is still available to new units.
Should still be able to use 4.3 (8F455) according to Firecore:
http://support.firecore.com/entries/387605

Here's their link on the 4.4.x builds:
http://blog.firecore.com/5606
Can confirm that 8F455 is still being signed today at 8:27 EST.
moving to off-topic. we don't really need a running thread about this.
Agreed, makes more sense to have in the Off-topic area... handy to know that 8F455 is still being signed... for anyone wanting to get back to an untethered jailbreak before actually attempting it.
Is Apple still signing 4.3Huh

My friend wants to get one but doesn't know whether to wait for an untethered jailbreak or not if they are still signing it.

Please let me know...
Worked for me on Sunday... Dec 4.
Can I run something by here. If I were to get hold of a nonjailbroken atv2 with no blobs saved but was still on 8f455, I still cannot do an untethered jailbreak at 4.3 because the jail breaking process will check with apple servers ?
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I have a similar question.

I have a ATV2 currently on 4.3 but don't have shsh files saved, as I just purchased the unit yesterday. Is it possible to restore to a jailbroken version of 4.3 now that Apple is no longer signing 4.3?

I downloaded iFaith which grabbed the shsh blobs from my device, but can these blobs be used to fool iTunes into restoring 4.3 like the shsh files saved using TinyUmbrella?
BRS37 Wrote:I have a similar question.

I have a ATV2 currently on 4.3 but don't have shsh files saved, as I just purchased the unit yesterday. Is it possible to restore to a jailbroken version of 4.3 now that Apple is no longer signing 4.3?

I downloaded iFaith which grabbed the shsh blobs from my device, but can these blobs be used to fool iTunes into restoring 4.3 like the shsh files saved using TinyUmbrella?

Yes, that's the whole purpose behind iFaith.
dieselboy27 Wrote:Apple is no longer signing 8F455. Enjoy the tethered jailbreak all Smile

12/07/2011 18:23:05.312 AppleTV 4.3.0 (8F455) SHSH SUCCESSFULLY saved! [Click Here to Open]

actually you can restore to a non-signed version with an iFaith custom rom but you will be stuck with a stock FW..the iFaith custom rom generator takes only the stock rom as input
exeptions are iphones/ipad with 4.3.3 - jailbreakable online
ATV2 4.3 8F455 Seas0npassed / XBMC 11
Samsung HT-P70 5.1 / Samsung WS-32Z419P
Did you use tiny umbrella to save those shsh blobs?
yes, and I have "Request SHSH from Cydia" unticked
ATV2 4.3 8F455 Seas0npassed / XBMC 11
Samsung HT-P70 5.1 / Samsung WS-32Z419P
You're right, it was my error. Just installed 4.3 on a fresh aTV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is Apple Still Signing 4.30