• 9(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
I did that myself, installing cygwin for the first time to be able to compile boblightd.
What I cannot find out is how to get the correct packages:
Code:
sudo apt-get install libx11-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libxrender-dev libxext-dev portaudio19-dev libavcodec-dev libavformat-dev libswscale-dev libavdevice-dev
I can't find them or the equivalents in cygwin using apt-cyg.
Asus motherboard
Intel i5 8500
6 GB RAM
Win 10 64bit
FYI for the Windows Users, I'm using an Adalight with Lightpack (as it now supports Adalight) and it works quite brilliantly. You can't control any of it in xbmc, but it works great for movies/visualizations/menu/etc. Just requires a bit of setup.

http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&p=130703

The profile part is a pain in the butt, but there's a generator here http://sanya.tarhelyszolgaltato.eu/
ski107 Wrote:FYI for the Windows Users, I'm using an Adalight with Lightpack (as it now supports Adalight) and it works quite brilliantly. You can't control any of it in xbmc, but it works great for movies/visualizations/menu/etc. Just requires a bit of setup.

http://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&p=130703

The profile part is a pain in the butt, but there's a generator here http://sanya.tarhelyszolgaltato.eu/

I'm aware of Lightpack and outside of XBMC it works like a charm (check post nr. 109) but since this XBMC related, I think a lot of Windows users want to get boblightd working on their systems.

I've never expected this to be a pain in the arse but surrender is not an option.
Is there a light I can buy, which will work with Boblight, that I can plug into my TV or my XBMC machine's usb port. I don't really want to make one and everything I've found online points in that direction.
MrHenky Wrote:I'm aware of Lightpack and outside of XBMC it works like a charm (check post nr. 109) but since this XBMC related, I think a lot of Windows users want to get boblightd working on their systems.

I've never expected this to be a pain in the arse but surrender is not an option.

Fair enough Tongue It works perfectly for me with xbmc so call me a surrenderer Big Grin
ski107 Wrote:Fair enough Tongue It works perfectly for me with xbmc so call me a surrenderer Big Grin

How does it work with XBMC? If I'm running lightpack my LEDs went off as soon as I run XBMC. Do you run XBMC in fullscreen?
Nevermind.

Adalight + Lightpack + Lightpack XBMC Addon = perfect

Using this addon to change 16:9 to 21:9 within xbmc
http://code.google.com/p/lightpack/sourc...-1.0.5.zip
everything works like a charm.

Strange thing. This works only in XBMC, if I connect the Arduino to my Core i5 system with a GTX580 but not on my Acer Revo R3610 with nVidia ION graphics and shared memory.

Any idea?

Cheers
MrHenky
MrHenky Wrote:Nevermind.

Adalight + Lightpack + Lightpack XBMC Addon = perfect

Using this addon to change 16:9 to 21:9 within xbmc
http://code.google.com/p/lightpack/sourc...-1.0.5.zip
everything works like a charm.

Strange thing. This works only in XBMC, if I connect the Arduino to my Core i5 system with a GTX580 but not on my Acer Revo R3610 with nVidia ION graphics and shared memory.

Any idea?

Cheers
MrHenky

Sounds like we don't talk about boblight addon here anymore? Please try to keep on topic and discuss other things in the appropriate threads (or if there aren't already threads - make a new one).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi,

i noticed, that my leds often light up in purple for scenes that are either very dark or bright..especially when watching SD content..in HD the leds seem to show the corresponding colors..did anyone else notice this? could this be a noise-issue? Is there anything, that could be done about it? Smile
Also, are there values you can suggest for parameters like threshold,value,saturation?

Thx
kimp93 Wrote:Let me know what you did and what does not work. You may not have correct setting in your boblight.conf.
I compiled current SVN source with cygwin. As I said, I tested with your recent plugin and eden-beta.
Can you tell me which setting in the .conf file you mean?
MrHenky Wrote:I'm aware of Lightpack and outside of XBMC it works like a charm (check post nr. 109) but since this XBMC related, I think a lot of Windows users want to get boblightd working on their systems.

LOL, I agree... I would like to get boblightd working on windows as well; Only one person on this forum has it working! wish he would post a howto Big Grin

I'm running a Mega 1280 w/four channels over all pwm pins. Have the latest pde uploaded...
have a boblight.conf from boblight google source; not sure if it should be using usb, since windows is detecting a usb to serial device with a com3 i/o...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
kimp93 Wrote:I compiled current SVN source with cygwin. As I said, I tested with your recent plugin and eden-beta.

I would be very happy if you can list the packages that you use with cygwin to get boblight to compile, and where you get those packages. Can you do that? Big Grin
Asus motherboard
Intel i5 8500
6 GB RAM
Win 10 64bit
Since I've experienced that strange behaviour with Lightpack regarding the nVidia ION chipset I got a question to our linux users.

Is anyone of you using boblight on a machine with an nVidia ION chipset successfully?
MrHenky Wrote:Since I've experienced that strange behaviour with Lightpack regarding the nVidia ION chipset I got a question to our linux users.

Is anyone of you using boblight on a machine with an nVidia ION chipset successfully?

Boblight + ION + Openelec (Linux) works great for me.
Hi again,

I was actually able to compile boblight in Cygwin today, after some hacking of the code to avoid the issue described here.
When I built it, I realized that kimp93 attached the wrong boblightd.exe file in the archive he links to. The correct one is attached in the archive here.
I now get my lights up and running, but I cannot get the colors right. Has there been changes in the way the different colors are sent out in comparison with v1.3? With 1.3 I get correct colors, but now it seems that the are completely random. I use the cofig file included in the archive, is there something obvious I'm missing?
I'll try to include a full xbmc log file soon if that helps.
Asus motherboard
Intel i5 8500
6 GB RAM
Win 10 64bit
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3