• 23(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
Bobo1on1: Do you plan to integrate into the boblight feature like MoodLamp (Backlight) in Lightpack has. Basically it is backlight like constant the only difference is that it is constantly changing colours and can also change the speed of colour switching.
(2012-04-21, 12:14)wolfgr Wrote: hello all.I manage to read all 33 pages but unfortunately i can't understand what is going on about Windows users.... sorry iam slow and without coding skills. So i realy want to know how iam gonna use my amblone setup with win7 x64 eden xbmc. I have an arduino mega with amblone using all 4 channels to lead 4rgb 15 each led strips, one left two top and one right.
can anyone lead me or send me what software i need to make it work? I dont have any coding/editing skills so i will be gratefull to keep things simple enough for my old gray hair head :-)

You need a boblight daemon to run on your windows machine on the background, with the proper boblight.conf for the deamon. The addon in XBMC and your done!

I've searched a lot and found this daemon to run on windows 7. Run the daemon : boblightd.exe -c %location of the boblight.conf%

You need to edit the boblight.conf according to your setup
many thanx for your answer,as i said i dont know much about linux methods i am a windows idiot so can u please tell me how to run boblightd?A win7 comand prompt can do or i have to download cygwin terminal to do so?

Edit:nevermind got it working, thanx
Hi,

I don't know if anything is changed for the Windows vesion, but here is the latest one, r228: http://www.4shared.com/rar/O2l9RyF2/bobl..._r228.html
Asus motherboard
Intel i5 8500
6 GB RAM
Win 10 64bit
That can't be right, r228 is over two years old, maybe it's r428?
r428 is the latest source i put at my mega and works superb, many thanx to the developers.

l run boblightd r416 that draven187 told me at win7 by running a shortcut with -c boblight. conf command. Is there a way to run it to the background as a servise or something?

sorry for the offtopic, thanx.
been looking at this thread for a while. i'm a noob.

what exactly is the use of this? don't flame me too bad.. im just insanely curious Smile
Hello,

I have a few questions.
If I need me a AtmoLight I buy just about Boblight XBMC install and run AtmoLight? Can anyone add information.

I have a Xtreamer Ultra with Ubuntu, and Windows 7 OpenELEC
I would of course continue to use OpenELEC.

The question then: My colleague has a MacMini built in 2011. Can he use the addon Ambilight or so?

Thank for info
@smajor, i thought i mentioned it before but i'm unsure.

I was calculating again some led positions and noticed the following, 10 and 11 are overlapping.
Just to let you know.

http://sanya.tarhelyszolgaltato.eu/index...=1&comb=40
(2012-04-29, 16:01)wolfgr Wrote: r428 is the latest source i put at my mega and works superb, many thanx to the developers.

l run boblightd r416 that draven187 told me at win7 by running a shortcut with -c boblight. conf command. Is there a way to run it to the background as a servise or something?

sorry for the offtopic, thanx.
Put the "boblightd.exe -c boblight.conf" in the batch file and the code beneath in a vbs and start the vbs

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") 
WshShell.Run chr(34) & "%PATH%\%BATCHFILE%" & Chr(34), 0
Set WshShell = Nothing

Replace the "%PATH%\%BATCHFILE%" with yours and leave the "

If you are a bit handy you can use RunAsService or build one your own.

(2012-04-29, 16:02)gman3042 Wrote: been looking at this thread for a while. i'm a noob.

what exactly is the use of this? don't flame me too bad.. im just insanely curious Smile

Look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBUD_yQtcSY

(2012-04-30, 20:15)ensy3k Wrote: Hello,

I have a few questions.
If I need me a AtmoLight I buy just about Boblight XBMC install and run AtmoLight? Can anyone add information.

The question then: My colleague has a MacMini built in 2011. Can he use the addon Ambilight or so?

Thank for info

The BobLight addon is platform independent, the daemon must be run on a Linux distro or use the Cygwin version in my post above for windows.
(2012-05-02, 21:57)draven187 Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 20:15)ensy3k Wrote: Hello,

I have a few questions.

Thank for info

The BobLight addon is platform independent, the daemon must be run on a Linux distro or use the Cygwin version in my post above for windows.

it can be run on OSX as well, it runs just fine on mine -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOHbHwEvfW0

here is the LED holder for the back of the plasma screen and here is the boblightd compiled for osx

run it: boblightd -c boblight.conf

boblight.conf , /dev/tty.usbmodem621 will need tweaking depending on what your USB ports look like

Hi!
I have a 60" tv and ive read a few guides about building this and some say it wont manage the big tv/resolution of hd movies? Whats the maximum resolution or max amount of led "pixels" for smooth playback?

-gob
-gob

hi all,

i've just installed my adalight setup and run boblight, but i only achieve to make the first 25 led ribbon, the second doesn't do anything.

during initialize of the arduino, all ribbons bright, but with booblight, only first 25 leds, here is my conf file: http://pastebin.com/e5UgVqc5

i think the problem is there, but don't see it.
Anyone got this addon succesfully running on a OpenELEC x86_64 system?

It keeps asking for a missing library here.
Will only work if the boblight lib is compiled for 64 bit aswell. This has to be solved by the openelec devs imho.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3