• 35(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
X11 might get colors in a different color space - so they are not the same per se.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
So i've tried to take a few picture so you could see how wrong colors i get with the XBMC addon. And not only is the colors very wrong, in parts where the LEDs should be dark they are not(the right side of the TV where his black hair is for example). I don't really understand what is so wrong with my setup because i guess everybody else is satisfied with their setup?

Memphiz: Have you tried boblight-X11? Do you get the same colors as with the XBMC addon? Or anyone else that have tried both boblight-X11 and the XBMC addon.

Here is the picture.

On the left side top/bottom is the boblight-X11 output with my settings, from the file a few posts up, and the default settings with gamma=1, adjust=1 and blacklevel=0. As you can see, even with default values boblight-X11 is pretty good on the colors.

On the right side top/bottom is the XBMC addon with my settings, and then the default settings. And if you look at the top right picture, with my settings and XBMC addon, even though i have very low adjust settings on all three colors, it is almost no difference to the default settings on the picture below.

what rendering option did you select in system - video - playback? And yes i get nearly same result with x11 and addon...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Render method is Auto detect, VDPAU ad VAAPI enabled, everything else is disabled or off.
does playing with those settings change anything?
Tried the different render methods, disabled vdpau/vaapi, still the same colors. Tried to enable VDPAU Studio level color conversion, because it said something about color =), but didn't help.

The other settings about sync and refresh rate i didn't touch.

Also tried to change the settings in the menu you get when in playback, about deinterlacing and stuff, but they didn't do anything.

Is there some way to enable some debugging that could help find the problem?
I'm using Adalight and therefore also WS2801s LEDs. The color matching of boblight isn't nearly as good as Lightpack, which is using screenshots I guess. Since XBMC needs to be configured not using TrueFullscreen, I experience screen tearing and that is a major drawback.

I've tried the boblight for windows (build 442) and the Boblight-Enigma2 0.5r10 for my VU+ satellite receiver. Boblight for windows shows some flickering LEDs but the Enigma version is quite ok but in both cases, the color matching isn't nearly what I expected to see for true color LEDs.

Any information to make this better is appreciated. Boblight shows a far more better performance than a program based on screen grabbing.
(2012-11-18, 16:13)raptorjr Wrote: Tried the different render methods, disabled vdpau/vaapi, still the same colors. Tried to enable VDPAU Studio level color conversion, because it said something about color =), but didn't help.

The other settings about sync and refresh rate i didn't touch.

Also tried to change the settings in the menu you get when in playback, about deinterlacing and stuff, but they didn't do anything.

Is there some way to enable some debugging that could help find the problem?

Is there anything else i could try? It feels strange that my setup should be so different to others that have this working.
Well i'm out of ideas - beside (to cite you) it feels strange that your setup seems to be so different to all others Wink
So...I see multiple people in this thread posting how boblight works with windows 7, but no one actually says how. I know it doesn't work out of the box.
I have a 100 LED adalight setup, which works with ledstream, adalight software, etc. I've gotten boblightd to work using some random compile I found online somewhere, because the beta version doesn't do anything.

XBMC boblight addon can connect to this boblightd, but the leds won't light.

Anyone here running boblight with windows 7, could you PLEASE write up a quick how to? Because there is NOTHING online anywhere explaining this.
(2012-11-20, 15:47)Memphiz Wrote: Well i'm out of ideas - beside (to cite you) it feels strange that your setup seems to be so different to all others Wink

Since boblight-x11 works it must be something with the addon. Is there different versions of libboblight? Does it have some kind of debug output? There must be some way to find the problem. It would be so much easier if i could use the addon. Are there other plugins like this one? Maybe something other than boblight that works good in Ubuntu?

default gama on boblight-x11 is 2.2

http://code.google.com/p/boblight/source...nager.h#22
Has anyone tried boblight with a USB video capture device?

I want to use boblight while I watch live TV. Actually I will be watching TV with a DVR and run a composite video signal from that tuner box to my HTPC. I want to use that video just to run boblight while I watch regular TV.

(2012-11-20, 19:02)raptorjr Wrote:
(2012-11-20, 15:47)Memphiz Wrote: Well i'm out of ideas - beside (to cite you) it feels strange that your setup seems to be so different to all others Wink

Since boblight-x11 works it must be something with the addon. Is there different versions of libboblight? Does it have some kind of debug output? There must be some way to find the problem. It would be so much easier if i could use the addon. Are there other plugins like this one? Maybe something other than boblight that works good in Ubuntu?

Are you still having problems with finding the right config for your leds?

Try my boblight.conf.
Don't touch the boblight.conf itself but copy paste values in XBMC Boblight

Code:
#speed                  75
#interpolation  1
#saturation             2
#value                  6
#threshold              50
WOW, so many configuration and combination .

adalight, atmolight, lightpack, etc... combined with processing code, boblight, lightpack script, lightpack software, custom software, etc....

so far whats the benefits of one from the other?

right now am using adalight with processing its working ok but don't like the fact of processing running all the time and that there isn't too much to tuning like how to tune to fix the fact that some color dont match (it could be the power supply since i been having difficulty finding the correct PS, right know am using to test a computer PS i think is 5v 2A but dont know if is the correct rate as per the WS2801 datasheet it can take 6v, but is running ok.

what i want to know is whats the benefits of trying to add boblight to my mix (ws2801 strip 150 leds, arduino uno R3, adalight code(ledstream.pde) )

*also am on MAC
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3