• 49(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
I'm not sure if 25 Led are enough... I think at first i only used 25 on 40" but i think it was pretty close.

Why don't you take the 50 from alibaba? They are cheaper as 25 from adafruit and are the same product.

I'll make a picture of my setup and you'll see that the led pixels are barely visible.
I installed XBMCBuntu from the -iso provided on the homepage in my VMWare.
When installing boblight when enabling I get following Message
This addon needs a binary library

I read the readme and the first post - BUT have no idea how to compile the library with the XBMCBuntu distribution??

Please can sombody guide me=?

Greet`s Erich
undefined
Hi all, after read countless forums, I'm lost as the begining.
I expose my doubts.
A week ago, I bought the device X5 Neo Minix, and I would like to make a Ambilight system for my TV with Arduino Mega for use with XBMC of Neo X5.
The questions are:
- Is it possible? (i think yes)
- If its possible, I've looked on eBay these strips of LEDs, will serve to build a ambilight boblight system?
eBay leds strip RGB 5050

Thanks...Wink
P.D.
i have to use Explorer to type this post, because the Firefox dont let me do it... "undefined"... thanks Ronie for all.
(2013-02-23, 19:29)zubirix Wrote: undefined

@zubirix:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=144989
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I don't think there is a boblightd build for android.
As for your strips : the page is not available anymore..
(2013-02-25, 15:23)ramouch0 Wrote: I don't think there is a boblightd build for android.
As for your strips : the page is not available anymore..

Sorry, this is the link of Leds Strip.
Leds Strip

There are a Xbmc for Android 4.0.4 the Neo X5 of Minix has it. But i would like know if i can use this Xbmc android version to do a Boblight system using a Arduino Mega.
Thanks to reply me
(2013-02-09, 21:32)TeKo Wrote:
(2013-02-09, 20:39)blubserl Wrote:
(2013-02-01, 21:45)Steini Wrote: Really looking forward for a fix for this then xbmc will be perfect for me.... Untill I get bored and find something I can change or add to my setup Smile

just wanted to confirm, that i also have the same issue with boblight.
sometimes the lights are disabled properly when the video is stopped. sometimes not Huh

It would probably help if everyone with this problem would post which hardware (ambilight not pc) and software they are using.

I dont think its a bug in the xbmc addon.

Sorry for always asking about this issue, but is there something we can do to find a solution?

According to the openelec wiki the boblightd in the repo is version 3.0.2 and I was wondering if that was the problem?

Maybe we are using a version of boblightd that is incompatible with the latest boblight plugin and therefore we are getting the frozen lights after playing a video?
(2013-02-25, 18:11)zubirix Wrote: Sorry, this is the link of Leds Strip.
Leds Strip

There are a Xbmc for Android 4.0.4 the Neo X5 of Minix has it. But i would like know if i can use this Xbmc android version to do a Boblight system using a Arduino Mega.
Thanks to reply me

Boblight is made of two component :
- Boblightd, the deamon that control LEDs
- various clients, the software that compute LED colors from the screen image.

Boblight addon is a client that should run on every platform XBMC runs on. BUT it may not be able to capture image screen if a specific player is used for playback(ex: on raspberry, on some android version) This is your first problem. I don't know how playback is handled on your device.

Boblightd is not available for android (pretty sure), either you compile and install it yourself on your platform or wait for someone to do it. It can also be installed on a other computer and control via network. The cheapest solution may be to use a raspberry as a standalone controler, instead of an arduino.

PS: your link keeps telling me (translated from spanish) "Unfortunately, access to this article in particular has been blocked by legal restrictions in some countries.... "
Well,
i just want to give a little report on my build and give some remarks where i would like some ideas from other people.

My build is functioning with a teensy 2.0 , 2*50 Led WS2801 on 5V on a Zotac Zbox PC Atom/ion

With the initial OS on win7 , i put prismatik software to control led and then it's ok on windows but this not possible under XBMC.
Tested with another more powerfull PC based on Nvidia TI8800 windows , it's works very well under OS and XBMC. I try multiple times and change config without success on zotac.

So i put openelec with boblight. It works very well even with the top/down black zone on some movies.

Someone can explain me why there is a limitation on the boblight for music and images ?
What are the limitation of the boblight under windows OS?
I see 2 version of windows boblight (boblight from http://blogger.xs4all.nl/loosen and from xbmc forum) what are the difference ?
(2013-02-27, 15:18)ramouch0 Wrote:
(2013-02-25, 18:11)zubirix Wrote: Sorry, this is the link of Leds Strip.
Leds Strip

Thanks to reply me

Boblight is made of two component :
- Boblightd, the deamon that control LEDs
- various clients, the software that compute LED colors from the screen image.

Boblight addon is a client that should run on every platform XBMC runs on. BUT it may not be able to capture image screen if a specific player is used for playback(ex: on raspberry, on some android version) This is your first problem. I don't know how playback is handled on your device.

Boblightd is not available for android (pretty sure), either you compile and install it yourself on your platform or wait for someone to do it. It can also be installed on a other computer and control via network. The cheapest solution may be to use a raspberry as a standalone controler, instead of an arduino.

PS: your link keeps telling me (translated from spanish) "Unfortunately, access to this article in particular has been blocked by legal restrictions in some countries.... "

This!

I guess its possible to run boblight on but Im not sure if its even worth the time investment to figure it out when the XBMC addon isnt even working with the player (dont know never tried andorid xbmc).

If you have the light setup you could just test it with boblight running on your pc.
boblight addon is not working on android yet.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-03-01, 01:18)Memphiz Wrote: boblight addon is not working on android yet.

"not working on android yet" sounds good for me. My plan is, to ditch my Acer R3610 for an OUYA but at that point, everything should work. Since I'm running the boblight deamon on my satellite receiver, I little more flexible than before.
First thanks for the work at this plugin.

Is there a specific reason why the gamma value cannot be set in the plugin or am I just missing the right place for doing that?

What gamma is the plugin using? For a while, boblight-X11 uses 2.2 by default and you can change this using '-o gamma=x.y'. Would be great if the XBMC plugin could provide this option, too.
If anyone is interested I wrote a small Android App to control boblight.
Req:
boblight running
Android 4.0+

Just constant Light or Mood Light.

BobDroid.apk

You have to allow the connection in the boblight.conf (interface) if its 127.0.0.1 just remove the line to allow connection from every IP.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3