• 50(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
(2013-03-02, 01:03)TeKo Wrote: If anyone is interested I wrote a small Android App to control boblight.
Req:
boblight running
Android 4.0+

Just constant Light or Mood Light.

BobDroid.apk

You have to allow the connection in the boblight.conf (interface) if its 127.0.0.1 just remove the line to allow connection from every IP.

Nice and impressive,
Too bad I like apples Wink
I was looking for a way to control boblight via web / java, can you share some code?
(2013-03-04, 23:04)cyberman Wrote: Hello,

I have turned "static light" to OFF while in XBMC GUI menu.

After I have watched a movie or if a stop a movie while playing and go back to the menu a few LEDs of the ambilight are still on (depending on the picture when I stopped the movie). They turn off after about 5 minutes. Is this intended or a bug? Shouldn't they go out completely immediately?

Bug, they should stop when video playback stops.
(2013-03-05, 01:48)TeKo Wrote:

After I have watched a movie or if a stop a movie while playing and go back to the menu a few LEDs of the ambilight are still on (depending on the picture when I stopped the movie). They turn off after about 5 minutes. Is this intended or a bug? Shouldn't they go out completely immediately?

If you go a couple of pages back you can see I have been crying over this bug for a long time Tongue
And if you read back a bit you can see that its not a general bug (e.x. i can't reproduce it with my setup - and therefore am not able to fix invisible ghosts...).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@Memphiz

Just informative but in latest XBMC nightly script.xbmc.boblight isn't working anymore Wink

Code:
23:41:57 T:139821519435520   ERROR: deallocated bytearray object has exported buffers
23:41:57 T:139821586577152 WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer
23:41:57 T:139821519435520   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.MemoryError'>
                                            Error Contents:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.boblight/default.py", line 213, in <module>
                                                run_boblight()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xbmc.boblight/default.py", line 188, in run_boblight
                                                pixels = capture.getImage();
                                            MemoryError
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
23:41:57 T:139821586577152 WARNING: CRenderManager::WaitForBuffer - timeout waiting for buffer
23:41:57 T:139821432997632 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
thx we are still struggling with the codegeneration for python bindings i guess... will ping the guru.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
post the full debug log to pastebin please.
(2013-03-12, 00:53)Memphiz Wrote: post the full debug log to pastebin please.

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3882
I've been lurking about some adalight bit for a while now. Is there a way to do this with no solder? e.g. do I simply push the braided wires into the PWM sockets on the arduino? I can't solder so wanted to know before I waste money. Planning to do this with openelec and looked at lightpack but doesn't seem to have as many channels for the money.
(2013-03-12, 19:03)nikc0069 Wrote: I've been lurking about some adalight bit for a while now. Is there a way to do this with no solder? e.g. do I simply push the braided wires into the PWM sockets on the arduino? I can't solder so wanted to know before I waste money. Planning to do this with openelec and looked at lightpack but doesn't seem to have as many channels for the money.

Yea you can do everything without soldering.

Just get the right parts.
This is my list on ebay at present:

Lights
2.1mm Power adapter (into which I will screw the relevant wires from the pixels)
Power Supply
Arduino Uno
Jumper wires (optional)

£58.53 for a 50 channel setup, running off openelec.

Would this do, solderless and all?

(2013-03-05, 11:17)Steini Wrote:

If you go a couple of pages back you can see I have been crying over this bug for a long time Tongue

(2013-03-05, 13:25)Memphiz Wrote: And if you read back a bit you can see that its not a general bug (e.x. i can't reproduce it with my setup - and therefore am not able to fix invisible ghosts...).

I have the same bug on win7 and on openelec so it is not a os related bug.It started with frodo because in eden all was bug free.I don't care much about the remaining lights,they turn off in a min when screensaver goes on,what really bugs me is that script.xbmc.boblight crashes regularly and i have to restart xbmc.If there is a way to auto restart boblight.script after was failed it could be a usefull workaround.

edit2:I hav found a small workaround for the persistant lights after pressing stop,if i press back (and go to menu the video is still playing in the background) and then the stop button the lights r shutting off and never getting error script.xbmc.boblight.
I thought about putting boblight on my RPi instead of my HTPC (because of the problems the windows version has). Is there anyway to do this but still connect the Arduino to the windows PC? I read that people run boblight on their router how does the communication with the ambilight system works in this case?
question: anyone with a 32bit windows with lights on problem?i think the problem is x64 thing related....
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3