• 64(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
Should have nothing to do with the RPi since you are not using the gpio. Probably have to change the output.
(2013-09-25, 18:41)TeKo Wrote: Should have nothing to do with the RPi since you are not using the gpio. Probably have to change the output.

I cant even get constant color working the daemons start no matter what but i dont know what to change the out put to?

this is from the lightpack.conf file in your last link:

[device]
name ambilight
channels 30
type lightpack
interval 20000
serial 649323139323515111C0
#bus 1
#address 6
#debug true

I dont know what the serial is or how to find mine if i need to and there is no output like with other types

heeeeelp...(please!)
OK i Have some progress - i have a working lightpack boblight.conf file - not sure on channels or the colours as yet colours seem quite a bit off so will play with gamma and adjust. If anyone is interested I can post the conf file
(2013-09-26, 14:58)ajerazzor Wrote: OK i Have some progress - i have a working lightpack boblight.conf file - not sure on channels or the colours as yet colours seem quite a bit off so will play with gamma and adjust. If anyone is interested I can post the conf file

More progress - I have a 30 channel lightpack speedy compatible boblight.conf file. Just plug in to USB, run raspbmc august, drop conf file in to /etc, turn on boblight support in raspbmc settings add on and you are away! Happy to share if needed?

Can anyone tell me if you can get lightpack LED strips to operate independently, or is each strip (with mine 9 LEDS each) one entity/
Hello,
i have a small 4 Channel ambilight
i want to config this thats run like this :

Left Channel = Left LED
Right Channel= Right LED
Top Channel = Top Left LED
Bottom Channel= Top Right LED

it's possible to config this in boblight conf?
it had try some "Calculators" but this setup look´s to special ;(
Hi,

FEATURE REQUEST

would it be possible to add settings for a daylight depending usage of boblight?
I thougth about something like that:

- use boblight daylight dependent (on/off)
- your time zone (gmt or utc)
- treshold (+/-)

Maybe its possible to catch time zone dependent sunrise/sunset times (date dependent),
then we have a good point to know when we need to switch on or off boblight and with the treshold
the user can affect this point by switching boblight on or off before or after the known sunrise/sunset time (fine tuning).

What do you think?

(2013-10-02, 08:46)Snakekick Wrote: it's possible to config this in boblight conf?

Try this:

Code:
[device]
channels        12

[color]
name        red
rgb            FF0000
gamma        1.0
adjust        1.0
blacklevel    0.0

[color]
name        green
rgb            00FF00
gamma        1.0
adjust        1.0
blacklevel    0.0

[color]
name        blue
rgb            0000FF
gamma        1.0
adjust        1.0
blacklevel    0.0

[light]
name        Left1
color        red     ambilight 1
color        green     ambilight 2
color        blue     ambilight 3
hscan        0 10
vscan        0 100

[light]
name        Top1
color        red     ambilight 4
color        green     ambilight 5
color        blue     ambilight 6
hscan        33 66
vscan        0 20

[light]
name        Top2
color        red     ambilight 7
color        green     ambilight 8
color        blue     ambilight 9
hscan        66 100
vscan        0 20

[light]
name        Right1
color        red     ambilight 10
color        green     ambilight 11
color        blue     ambilight 12
hscan        90 100
vscan        50 100

Regards X23
I have boblight installed on my Rpi via OpenElec 3.2.3. everything works as expected except that it flickers really bad. On both static menu light and when playing a video, it will just randomly flicker between colours/white. I have tried adjusting the interval to a higher number as i saw someone once mention and that didnt help. The setup works perfectly when pluged into my mac running xbmc/boblighd/xbmc boblight. So as far as i understand it i can rule out hardware issue/wire issue? As i know it is possible for it to work without flickering.

The pi is OC'd to turbo settings aswell. Can anyone offer any insight?

Thanks
I finished setting up my LEDs last weekend and I've been very happy with everything so far, thanks mainly to this forum and thread.

I do have a few issues though. I've read through just about all 96 pages of this thread, that was a lot to take in so I apologize if I missed these two things...

1) I'm running XBMC on Linux, how can I load Boblight on startup? I've been SSHing in and running 'boblightd' which is fine, but not fiancé-friendly for when she wants to watch something.

2) I've noticed some random flashing of my lights, nothing major, but I think I found the culprit. I put on a black and white film last night and the LEDs were flashing like a rave! I'm guessing the whites have something to do with that -- any ideas? Should I post my boblight.conf?

edit: here's my boblight.conf file

Thanks in advance
(2013-11-10, 18:11)kirbypuckett Wrote: I finished setting up my LEDs last weekend and I've been very happy with everything so far, thanks mainly to this forum and thread.

I do have a few issues though. I've read through just about all 96 pages of this thread, that was a lot to take in so I apologize if I missed these two things...

1) I'm running XBMC on Linux, how can I load Boblight on startup? I've been SSHing in and running 'boblightd' which is fine, but not fiancé-friendly for when she wants to watch something.

2) I've noticed some random flashing of my lights, nothing major, but I think I found the culprit. I put on a black and white film last night and the LEDs were flashing like a rave! I'm guessing the whites have something to do with that -- any ideas? Should I post my boblight.conf?

edit: here's my boblight.conf file

Thanks in advance

Kirby - if you're running Ubuntu, just edit the bottom of your /etc/rc.local script, then restart:

Code:
#
# By default this script does nothing.
/usr/bin/boblightd -f
exit 0
Thanks, it should be

/usr/local/bin/boblightd -f though right?

I put that in there, but it's still not coming on. I have a few other things in rc.local with sudo in front of them, should I add that to this? I don't need to add sudo when I run boblight from the command line though, so I'm not sure.
Hello All,

I've scoured all 96 pages of this thread and have searched high and low on the internet for a solution to my small problem and have had zero luck.

Right now I have a 100 LED setup from Adafruit with an Ardunio board setup with my boblight system. Everything works great on my system, however, when bright white lights come on my screen, 3 of my LEDs get stuck on white and will remain that way unless I close down boblight. It's not a huge issue, but it's gotten to be quite annoying. I have no idea why these lights are getting stuck. I've watched videos for 45 minutes without it getting stuck, but when a scene with bright lights come on, the same 3 LEDs get stuck.

Has anyone experienced this problem, and if so, what was the solution?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Do you have the same problem if you set a static color using the "boblight-static" command line tool? (e.x. set all lights on with FFFFFF (meaning all colors full power, and then set a low power color e.x. 101010).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-09-19, 16:11)TeKo Wrote: You can create a 2nd boblight.conf for movies with hardcoded blackborders.

But that would man that you have to restart boblight everytime you switch from zoomed to normal.

I am searching for a solution on the same problem.
I have a second boblight.conf and wrote a script that copys the config file to /etc/boblight.conf and restarts the daemon. But it seems that the addon has to be restarted also.
Does anyone know if it is possible to activate/deactivate an addon via command line?
hmm... Im only using windows but I never have to restart the addon. When boblights crashes I can just restart it and it works with xbmc.

You dont even have to copy the config just use the path to the right conf when you start boblight: -c "path"
Teko do you have any Boblight config for an Lightpack 60 led (10 channels)? I cant get it working.
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3