• 67(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
Thanks, and how long is this one? Is it enough for a 42" TV?
Hi! I yesterday got my Lightpack from lightpack.tv and since I use OpenELEC I can't use there Prismatik software, but I have to use the Boblight daemon and addon in XBMC.

I've installed the boblight daemon and add on and used this config file, even though I don't get a rasp pi. http://ajpawelski.wordpress.com/how-to-r...lightpack/

Part of the .conf
Code:
#################################################################
[device]
name         LP1
channels    30
type        lightpack
interval    20000
#bus           1
#address       6
#debug       true

[color]
name        red
rgb            FF0000
gamma        1.6
adjust        1.0
blacklevel    0.0

[color]
name        blu
rgb            0000FF
gamma        1.6
adjust        1.0
blacklevel    0.0

[color]
name        grn
rgb            00FF00
gamma        1.6
adjust        1.0
blacklevel    0.0

[light]
name            L01
color           red     LP1 1
color           grn     LP1 2
color           blu     LP1 3
hscan              75 100
vscan              80 100

What I've tried is to set the blacklevel to like 0.1, that makes the light not go that bright. But other then that, what option shall I try to set in that .conf, and what shall I edit in the XBMC addon?

I've read about some other settings in the Boblight Addon, and I think I start to get it, but does the blacklevel do, and what is that setting called inside the XBMC addon?

What settings should be done in .conf, and what can apps and addons set instead?

Thanks.

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
(2014-01-21, 17:06)dre81 Wrote: Thanks, and how long is this one? Is it enough for a 42" TV?

it is. I have the same 50leds in 42". I think it is the perfect config with this schema:
10 ---- 10
5 .... 5
Having checked the back of my TV, it seems to me that I should rather buy led strips as they are not much more expensive, would be much easier to mount (no need for extra frame), plus they have a lower profile which should be good since the back of my TV is quite close to the wall.

However I see that the density of led strips is higher - with 30 pcs/m I would need something like 90 leds for my 42" TV, is an overclocked raspberry capable of managing that many leds together with HD playback in XBMC?
Has anyone got any instructions for boblight on Windows with the lightpack?

I can't seem to get it to work.
(2014-01-22, 12:00)dre81 Wrote: Having checked the back of my TV, it seems to me that I should rather buy led strips as they are not much more expensive, would be much easier to mount (no need for extra frame), plus they have a lower profile which should be good since the back of my TV is quite close to the wall.

However I see that the density of led strips is higher - with 30 pcs/m I would need something like 90 leds for my 42" TV, is an overclocked raspberry capable of managing that many leds together with HD playback in XBMC?

it is, but I recommend you to use an arduino (mega or uno).
(2014-01-16, 17:44)Memphiz Wrote: You can make it power off when the screensaver kicks in ... so yes Wink

But, do I understand that is doesn't happen if I pause a movie, and the screensaver kicks in then?

Also, I use the option in XBMC to turn of the signal to the TV after 5 min. If I pause a movie, and after 1 min the screensaver kicks in (and Boblight doesn't turn of), is there a way to have boblight to at least turn of when the signal to the TV dies?

/Söder
(2014-01-22, 19:12)davisdmg Wrote:
(2014-01-22, 12:00)dre81 Wrote: Having checked the back of my TV, it seems to me that I should rather buy led strips as they are not much more expensive, would be much easier to mount (no need for extra frame), plus they have a lower profile which should be good since the back of my TV is quite close to the wall.

it is, but I recommend you to use an arduino (mega or uno).

Why? I understood that having an arduino inbetween has no relevance to the load, as all the calculations are still to be done on the Pi anyway.
(2014-01-23, 10:04)soder Wrote:
(2014-01-16, 17:44)Memphiz Wrote: You can make it power off when the screensaver kicks in ... so yes Wink

But, do I understand that is doesn't happen if I pause a movie, and the screensaver kicks in then?

Also, I use the option in XBMC to turn of the signal to the TV after 5 min. If I pause a movie, and after 1 min the screensaver kicks in (and Boblight doesn't turn of), is there a way to have boblight to at least turn of when the signal to the TV dies?

/Söder

Seems the screensaver feature only works with static bg light *sigh* ... well i will check the implementation to make it generic if i find some time.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-01-21, 18:05)soder Wrote: Hi! I yesterday got my Lightpack from lightpack.tv and since I use OpenELEC I can't use there Prismatik software, but I have to use the Boblight daemon and addon in XBMC.

Here's the settings I'm using with Lightpack/OpenELEC: http://ericsembrat.com/2014/01/23/lightp...elec-xbmc/
Hi guys, I need to know one simple thing: is this boblight add-on (and boblight in general) fundamental to use an adalight system on XBMC?

I want to follow step by step the famous guide of adalight (the adafruit's guide), but there's no mention of boblight (except in "advanced topics" section) because they use Processing IDE instead of boblight.
Is the adalight system working on XBMC with the Processing IDE setting instead of boblight?

Thanks!
(2014-01-23, 13:44)Memphiz Wrote:
(2014-01-23, 10:04)soder Wrote:

/Söder

Seems the screensaver feature only works with static bg light *sigh* ... well i will check the implementation to make it generic if i find some time.

Yes, I today tried the X11 thing and that stops on screen saver. BTW, what "options" do the X11 use? In the addon there are different options for Movies and TVshows and videos, but I can't see any for the X11 stuff?

/Söder
(2014-01-24, 02:22)Webbeh Wrote:
(2014-01-21, 18:05)soder Wrote: Hi! I yesterday got my Lightpack from lightpack.tv and since I use OpenELEC I can't use there Prismatik software, but I have to use the Boblight daemon and addon in XBMC.

Here's the settings I'm using with Lightpack/OpenELEC: http://ericsembrat.com/2014/01/23/lightp...elec-xbmc/

But I see you only use the "default" settings the guy in the blog used? Not for the hscan and vscan, but the colors?

I read some other posts somewhere, not for Lightpack just, and found some info like this. Do you think that is "wrong" for Lightpack?
Code:
[color]
name        red
rgb            FF0000
gamma        2.0
adjust        0.65
blacklevel    0.0

[color]
name        grn
rgb            00FF00
gamma        2.0
adjust        1.0
blacklevel    0.0

[color]
name        blu
rgb            0000FF
gamma        2.1
adjust        0.7
blacklevel    0.0

Also, how come you haven't split the 100% on top in to 4 x 25? You use 0-33, 33-52, 52-80, 80-100 as I understand it?

Me self, after finding out how my lights are named in Boblight language, and replaced them starting from behind the TV down left with nr1 with 2 light on the side and 4 on top, I use these settings.

Code:
[light]
name            L01
color           red     LP1 1
color           grn     LP1 2
color           blu     LP1 3
hscan              75 100
vscan              85 100

[light]
name            L02
color           red     LP1 4
color           grn     LP1 5
color           blu     LP1 6
hscan             85 100
vscan             50 100

[light]
name            L03
color           red     LP1 7
color           grn     LP1 8
color           blu     LP1 9
hscan             85 100
vscan             0 50

[light]
name            L04
color           red     LP1 10
color           grn     LP1 11
color           blu     LP1 12
hscan             75 100
vscan             0 15

[light]
name            L05
color           red     LP1 13
color           grn     LP1 14
color           blu     LP1 15
hscan              50 75
vscan             0 15

[light]
name            L06
color           red     LP1 16
color           grn     LP1 17
color           blu     LP1 18
hscan              25 50
vscan              0 15

[light]
name            L07
color           red     LP1 19
color           grn     LP1 20
color           blu     LP1 21
hscan            00 25
vscan              0 15

[light]
name            L08
color           red     LP1 22
color           grn     LP1 23
color           blu     LP1 24
hscan              0 15
vscan             0 50

[light]
name            L09
color           red     LP1 25
color           grn     LP1 26
color           blu     LP1 27
hscan              0 15
vscan             50 100

[light]
name            L10
color           red     LP1 28
color           grn     LP1 29
color           blu     LP1 30
hscan             0 25
vscan             85 100

I use 15% in to the screen to "grab", and spitted the sides in to 2x50%, the top to 4x25% and the bottom left and right to 25% each.

[EDIT] Here's my files.

service.multimedia.boblightd: boblight.conf

script.xbmc.boblight: settings.xml

/Söder
Hello again guys, I tried with higher values of thresold (20-30-40-50) and it isnt working. It shows better, but when the scene is black, it is showing like a "grey" light.

I'm not sure if I did something wrong.

I downloaded the boblight from google code. Compiled like first post says.

I'm launching boblightd -f (I'm in ubuntu server). Should I launch boblightd-x11 instead of boblightd?

About config files I have this for 50 leds connected to an arduino:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/6808972/

I'm not sure if I'm missing something Sad

I had the same configuration in the raspberry pi, and the leds worked really great.

Any ideas?
(2014-01-24, 17:56)davisdmg Wrote: Hello again guys, I tried with higher values of thresold (20-30-40-50) and it isnt working. It shows better, but when the scene is black, it is showing like a "grey" light.

I'm not sure if I did something wrong.

I downloaded the boblight from google code. Compiled like first post says.

I'm launching boblightd -f (I'm in ubuntu server). Should I launch boblightd-x11 instead of boblightd?

About config files I have this for 50 leds connected to an arduino:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/6808972/

I'm not sure if I'm missing something Sad

I had the same configuration in the raspberry pi, and the leds worked really great.

Any ideas?
Try these settings/conf
50 leds conf http://pastebin.com/i5AunzH4
script.xbmc.boblight settings http://pastebin.com/UxVRSd5R
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3