• 70(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
(2014-02-23, 00:13)eriche Wrote: I have to Report, that I also use Boblight for year on XBMC.
Since the last update this week - the lights are constant in the standby Color I set.

When playing movies nothing happens.
Please tell me where can I download the bugfree previous Version - without lights watching movies isn`t fun.

GreeT`s eRich

Or how about posting a Debug Log on xbmclogs.com to get this fixed?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
There's at least one obvious thing missing in the current boblight code:

Code:
# Possible Videoplayer options: files, movies, episodes, musicvideos, livetv
    if xbmc.getCondVisibility("Player.HasVideo()"):
      if xbmc.getCondVisibility("VideoPlayer.Content(musicvideos)"):
        ret = "musicvideo"
      elif xbmc.getCondVisibility("VideoPlayer.Content(episodes)"):
        ret = "tvshow"
      elif xbmc.getCondVisibility("VideoPlayer.Content(livetv)"):
        ret = "livetv"
      elif xbmc.getCondVisibility("VideoPlayer.Content(files)"):
        ret = "files"

Should have a:

Code:
elif xbmc.getCondVisibility("VideoPlayer.Content(movies)"):
        ret = "movie"

...I think, right?

Otherwise one gets a 'ret' used before assignment error playing a movie...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(I see the fall through to ret=movie below but I was getting the used before assignment error so I think something is wrong with the if hierachy)
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
(note I had above error on Gotham but not Frodo??)
Hi Guys,
what's wrong with the latest update ??
My pixels don't even start, i get on xbmc only script.xbmc.boblight error and when i try to install it again i got "installation failed"
It can be installed but just after reboot - still it doesn't work. Does any 1 have the 2.0.6 version please. It worked fine.

Thank you.
All works fine for me so unless you will provide a Debug Log you are out of luck.
ok, thank you, will try to do it.
Exclamation 
I am so glad that I found the 2.0.5 and the 2.0.6 Version online.
They are both working fine - so if you wanna fix the Error from Version 2.0.7 without waiting for a Bugfixed Version, then disable Plugin Autoupdate and manually reinstall the v2.0.6
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/addon....boblight/

Here is the LOG from v2.0.7

Code:
10:14:13 T:1012  NOTICE: Starting XBMC (12.3 Git:20131212-9ed3e58), Platform: Windows 8 64-bit, build 9200. Built on Dec 19 2013 (compiler 1600)
10:14:13 T:1012  NOTICE: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
10:14:24 T:5124   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
                                            Error Contents: local variable 'ret' referenced before assignment
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\erich\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.boblight\default.py", line 62, in onPlayBackStarted
                                                myPlayerChanged( 'start' )
                                              File "C:\Users\erich\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.boblight\default.py", line 185, in myPlayerChanged
                                                settings.handleCategory(ret)
                                            UnboundLocalError: local variable 'ret' referenced before assignment
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Please fix it - this plugin is amazing if it worx Wink
Strange, that you don`t have that error Martijn.
As side Information - I use the Boblight Daemon on my Enigma2 Satelite Receiver - maybe you don`t get the error if you have another Environment,...

I guess @bossanova808 is right - the LOG says that there are Problems with the "ret" variable not being assigned Nod

GreeT`s Erich
(2014-02-22, 12:49)Martijn Wrote: try this version please
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7435...7-test.zip

and does the notification text look wrong afterwards with this version?

This solve the first problem, when XBMC start boblight did connect fine, and the static color works (in my case blue)
but when i play some video - nothing happen.
I think this is the log part for this:
Code:
12:01:29 T:5636  NOTICE: Display resolution DESKTOP : 1920x1080 @ 60.00 - Full Screen (16)
12:01:29 T:5636  NOTICE: D3D: rendering method forced to DXVA2 processor
12:01:29 T:3552 WARNING: DXVA::CProcessor::Render - did not find all required samples, adjusting the sample array.
12:01:29 T:3552 WARNING: DXVA::CProcessor::Render - no usable samples.
12:01:29 T:4116   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
                                            Error Contents: local variable 'ret' referenced before assignment
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.boblight\default.py", line 62, in onPlayBackStarted
                                                myPlayerChanged( 'start' )
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.boblight\default.py", line 185, in myPlayerChanged
                                                settings.handleCategory(ret)
                                            UnboundLocalError: local variable 'ret' refere
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
i don't care about log snippets
give me the FULL Debug Log
Thumbs Down 
@tomer953
yes you have the same Problem then I have - and I guess all others have.

Here my full log

Greet`s Erich
don't post it on the forum. use xbmclogs.com !

try this one
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7435...7test2.zip
(2014-02-23, 10:47)Martijn Wrote: All works fine for me so unless you will provide a Debug Log you are out of luck.

Hi,
i managed to upload the debug log, from an other pc but it's the same problem so please be so kind and look at it when you find some free time
i hope it's the right one

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=138086

thank you

b4 i forget i tried on one pc this
(2014-02-23, 20:03)Martijn Wrote: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7435...7test2.zip

and it worked (no connection problem and they got on - didn't try with a movie or so9 , i hope to get some time tomorrow to try it out on the main, cuz today i got only installation failed.
but i gonna make anyway a fresh xbmc install so i try it after this.

thank you for the great addon
Despite the crappy info provided to him (by me I mean!) - Martijn has worked on a fix:
https://github.com/bobo1on1/script.xbmc..../issues/23
I can confirm too that it is now working Wink

In the code for me an "else" is easier to read then a default value at the beginning of the IF Block
There ALWAYS has to be a defined state if all the IF conditions fail,....
Then Errors like this one will not occur.

But thanks anyway for Fixing the Python script Smile

GreeT`s eRich
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3