• 93(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
Hi
I have a problem with boblight Addon version 2.0.16

Message "This addon needs a binary library, Should the addon try to download it for you"
Error Downloads

it wants bboblight.so? Where to find it? In which directory to put it?

boblight 2.0.16 (output /dev/ttyACM0)
Android 4.4.2 (root)
Kodi 15.2
Hi, i am unsure how to configure boblightd for my Kodi version. I have Kodi set up as described in this tutorial here: Radeon OSS

Your how-to states that i should run: ./configure --without-portaudio --without-opengl --without-x11 --prefix=/usr
but in the Radeon OSS how-to it states that i should run "Allow every user (everyone) to start X11"
Code:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure x11-common

Should i run configure for boblightd with or without the "-without x-11" statement?

Thanks in advance
@Zoeconner,

I am having the exact same issue. Glad to know I'm not the only one. I have a cubox i4 pro and boblight worked fine with geexbox. I decided it was time to update so I went with openelec 5.0.8 and I have the same issue. Lights work on boot up and if I set a static color but whenever I go to start a video it either freezes the box or I can only hear the audio but can't escape out so I have to unplug it. I set the video acceleration to software and it will just reboot. Did you happen to find anything on this?
this is my first ambiligt project that i started a few days ago and so far it mostly works.

but my leds always go to full brightness when using this plugin.

the colors are correct (if oversaturated), but it's always full on.
and on a black part of the screen i get full white instead.

i get this when using either the hyperion boblight server or boblight itself.

when i use the hyperion kodi plugin instead, the brightness and colors are correct, but there is very noticeable lag, while this plugin seems spot on.

system:
debian jessie on a AMD e350 with the (open source) radeon drivers
kodi 14.2
arduino nano v3.1 (using neopixel library and tweaking4all t4a sketch) http://www.tweaking4all.nl/thuis-bioscoo...11-ws2812/

i'm not even sure were i should begin to look for a solution or how to debug this.
my google-fu is failing me here. i can't find anybody with something similar.

any help is greatly appreciated.
you should first verify using the boblight-static tool to verify that the leds respond correctly...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
thank you for the tip

using the boblight-constant tool (not static... that took me a bit to find) the leds can be set and brightness is correct. 101010 results in a soft white light, while 505050 is brighter and FFFFFF is full brightness.

tried some differente colors at different levels of brightness and it all seems to work as expected.

when boblight first starts you get that effect and there the leds also fad in at the start and fade out at the end.
can only be a settings thing then - either in boblight.conf (per color gamma and value) or in the boblight addon (most likely to high value setting or someting like that).

At least if you are sure that red green blue is really mapped right (ff0000 should be red, 00ff00 green and 0000ff blue)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
but hyperion(boblight server) has the same results with this plugin, and that works perfectly fine with the Hyperion plugin, except for the lag.

i used the boblight configuration tool and left most things default.

anyway here's (the start of) the config up to the first 2 lights.

blackness seemed wrong/a likely culprit to me, so i set that to 0 (the default according to the description in the config tool) but that didn't work either.
and tried coping the settings for red to blue and green as well (except rgb obviously), but no dice.

[global]
interface 127.0.0.1
port 19333

[device]
name AmbiLight
type momo
output /dev/ttyUSB0
channels 132
prefix 41 64 61 00 2C 79
interval 20000
rate 500000
debug off
delayafteropen 100000

[color]
name red
rgb FF0000
adjust 1.0
blacklevel 1.0
gamma 1.0

[color]
name green
rgb 00FF00

[color]
name blue
rgb 0000FF

# Bottom Start

# Left Side

[light]
name left1
color red AmbiLight 1
color green AmbiLight 2
color blue AmbiLight 3
hscan 95 100
vscan 87.5 100

[light]
name left2
color red AmbiLight 4
color green AmbiLight 5
color blue AmbiLight 6
hscan 95 100
vscan 75 87.5
you have adjust blacklevel and gamma set for red - remove it for a start - also hyperion doesn't use the same boblight.conf - does it? What are your addon settings?
Any info on my question?
@Memphiz

addon setting is default : fast
playing around with those those didn't seem to have a effect.

and indeed hyperion doesn't use the boblight.conf, which is why i mentioned it as you said it must be the boblight.conf, which surprized me.

is there any way to check the plugin's output? boblightd debug only logs iets output (that i can see), so that doesn't help us much.

edit: ok played around some more and setting the 'value' value really low, but not 0, got me results!
colors are still way over saturated but that can be adjusted.

for my own curiosity i'll try with Hyperion again later today (GF 'needs' the tv right now) see if it was something in the config after all or just the plugin.

now i'd just like to know why the default config was so wrong for my setup. did i set up something wrong?

----------------------
@cirkator

(2016-01-17, 20:50)cirkator Wrote: Hi, i am unsure how to configure boblightd for my Kodi version. I have Kodi set up as described in this tutorial here: Radeon OSS

Your how-to states that i should run: ./configure --without-portaudio --without-opengl --without-x11 --prefix=/usr
but in the Radeon OSS how-to it states that i should run "Allow every user (everyone) to start X11"
Code:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure x11-common

Should i run configure for boblightd with or without the "-without x-11" statement?

Thanks in advance

all that setting does is decide whether the x11 frame capture binary (boblight x11 client) is built or not. if you plan on using kodi and this plugin, then you don't need it.
if you want to also use your ambilight outside of kodi, on your desktop, then you'll need boblight-x11.
Is anyone running an Nvidia shield with boblight? Is that even possible?
Thanks for the detailed response. My question is now clear to me!
@The_Countess you need first adapt boblight.conf properly for your hardware. Depending on your hardware and firmware it sounds like your leds are not correctly driven linear. i would test further with boblight-static if leds are dimming lineary when reducing the rgb values and adapt thos value for each color in the boblight conf (value, and maybe even reducing from ff0000 to something lower like dd0000 for red in that example) - no real howto for getting it right - but the addon is not really to blame here...
@Razze ask koying if rendercapture is properly implemented for all renderpathes used on android - if it is, boblight should work...
  • 93(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3