• 98(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
Tried with Shield TV + Pi (as backend) and It works lovely. Just one question, If I try with Official Kodi, everything is working, but If I try SPMC boblight addon doesn't find the libboblight.so. I think it's because kodi path is: /data/.org.xbmc/.kodi..../addons/script.xbmc.boblight and SPMC is /data/spmc.semperpax.spmc16/.spmc/blabla

Can you add option to find the library? Or at least modify addon to find .spmc path?

Thanks!
you have to do this on your own sorry - the addon can't guess the app name its run from and there might be some more forks out now adays.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hello,

Recently I moved to Nvidia Shield. I installed SPMC on the device.
Currently the lightpack does not work on the Shield.

I went over this thread but still not understand completely, in bottom line, if boblight addon can run on Android and operate my lightpack.

If someone could guide me shortly how to do this on my device it will be great...

Thanks,
Ofir
As far as I know you'll need a secound device like a raspberry pi, connect your lightpack to that one and have both your shield and that device in your network. Then you can install the server on the rPi and the client on the shield.
I've done that setup for myself, but I'm not using boblight but hyperion.
I'm running Kodi in a win 10 machine and boblightd in a Raspberry Pi connected to LPD8806 led stripes through SPI pins. I was used to use this setup for more than 2 years and it worked perfectly. Last week it stopped working (I did nothing to make it stop) and I can't figure what's going on.
Here is what happens:
If I turn KODI on: Message "Connected to Boblight" is showed, but the leds don't get on as they used to (even if I open a movie).
If I turn the Raspberry Pi/led stripes power off and on the led may turn on in random colors as they used to (so they have power).
If i command "sudo boblight-constant FFFF00" in the Pi it says "Connecting to boblight"..."Connection to boblight opened" but the leds don't get on too.
I measured the resistance from the cables going from the Pi to the stripes and they are close to 0, so the cables seems to be ok.

Anyone have any idea how to debug this problem?
(2016-10-18, 21:40)Razze Wrote: As far as I know you'll need a secound device like a raspberry pi, connect your lightpack to that one and have both your shield and that device in your network. Then you can install the server on the rPi and the client on the shield.
I've done that setup for myself, but I'm not using boblight but hyperion.

Thanks Razze,
I've checked this with my nuc as you suggest.
The problem is with the client installation on the shield. It does not manage to install the binary library give me a message on every start up.
Any suggestions?
debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
log

Hi,

See above a link for the log. Unfortunately both tools - "SPMC Log Uploader" and "xbmclogs.com" are not functioned so I uploaded the log to this server.

The scenario as follows:

1. Run SPMC
2. Install and run Boblight addon -> Boblight installed. Message appears: "This addon needs a binary library...."
3. Press Yes- Nothing has happened.
4. Restart SPMC -> The same message appears: "This addon needs a binary library...."
5. Press Yes -> SPMC stuck on the Splash window.
I had to power off the device in order to reopen the SPMC (just after selecting NO in the above message).

Thanks !
The addon doesn't support spmc - it only works with the app id from kodi due to the fact that the app id is needed for the path which is used to download the library (which has the app name in it and is the only path android allows to load libraries from) - is the device rooted?
Hi,

No. Its not rooted yet. I just got it few days ago and the root procedure looks a little bit complicate so I postpone this at this stage.

Is it possible to install the library manually?
Yes but you would need to alter the boblight addon too because it needs to know the path where it should load the file from (which can't be the same as for kodi because spmc has no access to this path due to sandbox restrictions)
can someone please tell me where to put my boblight.conf on an android device so that the current android boblight.so will start reading from the ttyACM0 port (which shows up fine). From what i can find in the logs right now kodi is just trying to contact 127.0.0.1. I am no longer getting the binary must be installed alert so i think that is fine too. I just can't seem to get it to talk to the usb device (no activity on the on board leds like what happens when i connect it to my pc and use boblightd). Does this even work that way or is it supposed to connect to another device that can run boblightd?
Please help me i'm desperate and i've been trying to put the conf file in a million places with no avail.
(2016-10-21, 07:16)Memphiz Wrote: Yes but you would need to alter the boblight addon too because it needs to know the path where it should load the file from (which can't be the same as for kodi because spmc has no access to this path due to sandbox restrictions)

So currently, on bottom line i understand that on Android with SPMC the lightpack with boblight adonn will not work ?
Yep
(2016-10-22, 00:29)darkmadda Wrote: Does this even work that way or is it supposed to connect to another device that can run boblightd?

The latter. Boblightd is needed to drive the leds. It can be run on the same device that runs kodi but there is no way to let boblightd run on an android device that i know of.
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3