• 6(current)
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon
Adam B. Wrote:Memphiz, this has been accepted into the Openelec repositories and is available for users.

Can you merge my pull request for this script and push to the official XBMC repo? Right now users have to manually download my version or use boblight-X11 for it to work.

I'm not really happy with that pr tbh. Because it is so special. Isn't there a more generic way to add librarys to openelec (a general path or so) and adding this path to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH? This would be more generic and wouldn't need any adaption to the addon.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:I'm not really happy with that pr tbh. Because it is so special. Isn't there a more generic way to add librarys to openelec (a general path or so) and adding this path to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH? This would be more generic and wouldn't need any adaption to the addon.

Unfortunately, there isn't.
  • The root filesystem is mounted read only, the only user writeable are is /storage. Because of this, we can't modify openelec's boot scripts to add a library path.
  • All addons are self-contained. Boblightd is available in the repositories, and when installed stores all of it's data within the normal addon structure of XBMC.
  • All binary addons must add their own LD_LIBRARY_PATH to start correctly. Take a look at this example for nano (maintained by openelec). It has it's LD_LIBRARY_PATH hard coded in order to run.

I've been working with the openelec guys on this, and boblightd has been developed according to their standards. It seems this is the best/only way to do it.
Adam B. Wrote:
  • All binary addons must add their own LD_LIBRARY_PATH to start correctly. Take a look at this example for nano (maintained by openelec). It has it's LD_LIBRARY_PATH hard coded in order to run.

Adam B,

can you test a build with setting and export LD_LIBRARY_PATH like we do with the PATH in https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/.../path.conf ? maybe this can work too and this solution would be much nicer then using openelec's special paths inside the addon. i think for the future and real binary addon support this must be included in XBMC without such a hack.

Stephan
greetings, Stephan

where can i buy a compatible lights, can someone giude me please since i really want to do this.

all i need to know where to buy and how to connect to the pc

Thanks
LastMile Wrote:I'm having trouble building libboblight.so

After:

Code:
make && sudo make install

I get:

Code:
ar: libboblight_la-boblight-client.o: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [libboblight.la] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/boblight/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/boblight'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any suggestions?

Seems some recent revisions in the code caused these errors. I used an older revision (svn checkout -r 400 <URL> <dest>) which compiled without a problem.
Elbert Wrote:Seems some recent revisions in the code caused these errors. I used an older revision (svn checkout -r 400 <URL> <dest>) which compiled without a problem.

Thanks Elbert. Complied without issue from r400.
anyone knows where can i look on the net for a builded hardware? any supported compatible device raccomended?

noob @ambilight Big Grin
as pigr8 says please give some recommended hardware to go with the plugin, i would very much like to use this on my xbmc setup but can't figure out the exact hardware to use.
Please put recommended hardware in the first page of this thread so that people can find it easily
@pigr8 , @xalaros

This is what i found on OpenELEC forum but not sure if this enough and it feels cheap.

http://openelec.tv/forum/44-cool-things-...me-theater

One thing i didn't liked where the led strings.
First post adapted. Maybe bobo1on1 could add more to it ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Just tried it and works very well - good job!
I would like to propose 2 feature requests/suggestions:

1. Could we have the option to bind the ambilight toggle to a key? As far as I understood atm we can only do that for the settings menu.
2. Could we get some sort of API/Button Mappings for changing the constant-menu color settings via some remote control/script?

Anyway thanks for the great work!
Not possible with the current addon api...
Hi all,
I'm trying to compile this but having problems, I am getting the following issue
Code:
checking for main in -lpthread... yes
checking for main in -lrt... yes
checking for main in -lm... yes
checking for main in -ldl... yes
checking for main in -lX11      ... yes
checking for main in -lXrender  ... no
configure: error: Missing a required library, please install it or disable X11 support by passin                                                             g --without-x11 to configure
I am running Ubuntu 10.04 and XBMC on top, its a Acer revo with Nvidia graphics.

anyone have any ideas? does X server have to be stopped when installing this?

Thanks
Stu
trouty00 Wrote:Hi all,
I'm trying to compile this but having problems, I am getting the following issue
Code:
checking for main in -lpthread... yes
checking for main in -lrt... yes
checking for main in -lm... yes
checking for main in -ldl... yes
checking for main in -lX11      ... yes
checking for main in -lXrender  ... no
configure: error: Missing a required library, please install it or disable X11 support by passin                                                             g --without-x11 to configure
I am running Ubuntu 10.04 and XBMC on top, its a Acer revo with Nvidia graphics.

anyone have any ideas? does X server have to be stopped when installing this?

Thanks
Stu

ok so I seem to have got around all the obstacles but for some reason the addon will not install. I have downloaded it and am trying to installl from zip but every time i try it basically just does nothing.
xbmc.log ... well based on your other post it just seems that you addons.db is broken ... maybe you should got to .xbmc/userdata/Database and delete *addon* ... otherwise - well as i said - post a xbmc.log ...
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon3