TV show missing / unaired episode details within library
As a big fan of XBMC, I can say I use it daily for TV shows and at least weekly for Movies. As TV shows is a big part of my XBMC experience, one thing that would be useful would be to populate all episodes of a TV show season, even if the user only has a few of the episodes. Maybe even every episode of a TV show if the user has a single episode from season 1 and there has been 3 seasons.

For instance, if I had Dexter Season 6, Eps 1-10 in my library, I think it would be a nice feature if when I browse to Dexter, Season 6, I have the details for all 12 episodes of the series, including air dates etc so I can see at a glance how many are left, the synopsis (if I want to read it, toggle info on/off setting until episode is in library maybe?).

This idea is somewhat inspired by Sickbeard, as if I think a show has suddenly stopped mid season or maybe I missed an episode, I will have a look on Sickbeard at the next episode to see what date it airs, how many eps are left in the series etc.

The episodes you are missing could be marked very visibly as 'not aired yet' or 'missing' if it is historical, ie it aired in the past, which would identify any missing episodes from users' libraries.

I appreciate there is a next aired script etc but this is a slight difference, looking at seasons / shows as a whole, letting users see what is missing, what is upcoming etc. When the info for season 2 of new TV series Alphas is populated into the TVDB, and XBMC adds the next season and potential upcoming air dates, I would know this show is returning and hasn't been axed like so many others.

Interested to see if anyone agrees.

Thanks, keep up the sterling work.
Really, nobody else would like XBMC to show the full seasons so you can see upcoming or missing episodes? Huh
Personally, I wouldn't want this. I have SickBeard to find out what is coming out soon, and I don't want my library to show anything but what is actually there. Beyond that, I can see this being extremely confusing for people who aren't as familiar with the software (meaning, my fiancee, etc).
I like it. We might need something like this anyways for when PVR is merged with trunk, to manage recordings for future episodes from within the library view.
YodaEXE Wrote:Personally, I wouldn't want this. I have SickBeard to find out what is coming out soon, and I don't want my library to show anything but what is actually there. Beyond that, I can see this being extremely confusing for people who aren't as familiar with the software (meaning, my fiancee, etc).

agreed, maybe a sickbeard addon to send the missed and todays episodes.
or better yet, sickbeard should produce it's own rss feed.
Ned,

Glad to see someone that sees the potential and need!

I think as long as the skin and implementation makes it clear between what you have and what you are missing, be it slightly greyed out, a 'missing' annotation or 'unaired' etc it shouldn't make it too confusing for any regular user. It could also be an optional extra so it could be defaulted to not show it.
This is probably the biggest thing I miss in XBMC

And es, I know it's an old thread.
Bump this.

Maby an addon or script?
Getting closer with these add-ons and creative skin intigration: Add-on:XBMC Check Previous Episode (wiki), Add-on:TV Show - Next Aired (wiki)
I totally forgot about this, but still something I'd love to see in XBMC.

I appreciate this would somewhat change the way the library is seen, instead of a catalogue of only currently held episodes, it would be a catalogue of currently held and every other episode you are missing and will be getting when aired.
Eventually add-ons will be able to hook into the library itself (no idea on an ETA, it's mostly just concept ideas at this point), so one day.
Interesting. Yeah I guess it would need to edit / add to the library database to make the experience fluid. Very cool.
I'm just looking for this exact thing...

If I remember correctly, this used to be a feature on the original xbox. It was a setting called something like 'view unaired' or 'download full tv series information', but you get the idea.

It was extremely useful back in the day and I'd love to see it back. I disagree with the sickbeard comments, media centers give a single point of content and this information would be better at your finger tips of a remote within the library of your shows, as an option!

Has anyone managed to get something going yet? Is this even possible as an add-on? I wouldn't want to extend the database schema, but if the scraper can be customized it might be possible. I just don't want to put in the time if someone already has.
One way would be to create a "ghost scraper addon", scraping information of files not present on disk.
If the database supported it a special flag could be used in order to mark these scraped items as ghosts.

The view would then display this in a grey/ disabled colour and hide them if the real episode is present in the database.

Would be a cool addition Big Grin
An add-on for ShowRSS might be useful to cater to these needs. A registered user of ShowRSS gets a preview of weekly scheduled TV shows like so http://showrss.info/?cs=schedule

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV show missing / unaired episode details within library1