• 51(current)
Broken Weather Underground
Sorry about that I didn't realize that site was a banned site.

I was looking everywhere to try and get Weather underground back and when I found it I wanted to let other people know where to get it.

I do look at the banned  addon list but missed this one.
Here is a further update from Weather Underground (https://apicommunity.wunderground.com/we...topic_link):

WeatherUnderground Forum Wrote:End of Service for the Weather Underground API
ANNOUNCEMENT UPDATED 8 HOURS AGO (EDITED)

We’re contacting you today to tell you about some upcoming changes to the Weather Underground (WU) API and what these changes mean for you.

The WU API has been around since 2010 to help you develop apps and websites as well as manage your Personal Weather Station data. During that time, we’ve watched you build amazing products and visualize weather data with creativity and purpose.

Over the years, our infrastructure has struggled to keep up with the growing numbers of users coming to us for API data. We realized we needed to make changes to ensure the highest level of quality, performance and uptime for our API users.

As a result, we’ve made the difficult decision to retire the Weather Underground API. The Weather Company, which acquired WU back in 2012, offers a powerful suite of enterprise-grade APIs that might be better suited to meet your scale and performance needs while offering a broader range of weather data. You can see these products here.

Here’s what you need to know going forward:

Your subscriptions, and therefore access, will continue to work through 12/31/2018.

If you are a paying WU API customer, you will receive a call from a representative from The Weather Company, and IBM business, to discuss transition options to other API services. If you’d like to have these conversations sooner, contact us.

If you are a Personal Weather Station owner, you will receive more information about our plan to offer free access to the data you provide to Weather Underground. We’ll reach out once that plan has been finalized.

For developers who use WU API data for non-commercial purposes, you will have access to a new plan for a personal use, low call volume API. Stay tuned for more details as we build this out.

The WU Forum will continue to be the best place to connect, keep you informed, share your feedback and get your questions answered as we go through this process.

We are grateful for your commitment to Weather Underground and appreciate your understanding and support as we work through this process. These changes will allow us to continually improve our services and develop new features to keep WU a thriving place for you for many years to come.

Thanks for being part of the community.

Sincerely,

The WU Team
Photo of Tim Roche
Tim Roche, Official Rep

310 Posts 28 Reply Likes
Posted 8 hours ago
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
thanx for the heads-up!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Is it possible to download the WU extension somewhere else? I installed a weather station in my garden two months ago and using Kodi would be great.
(2018-09-07, 08:49)jmh2002 Wrote: For developers who use WU API data for non-commercial purposes, you will have access to a new plan for a personal use, low call volume API. Stay tuned for more details as we build this out.

Sad to hear this Addon might disapear.

Was always the most accurate Weather forecast for my Location (May do to there where 3 private weather stations in relatively short distance to the place im living (one was closer than 500m to where i live.).)

how eva, the quoted text lets me hope we might get Weather Underground back..
Those of you still using this need to know it turns off for us on December 31st................
I received an email today from WU explaining why and that on the 31st my personal API would no longer work.....without some sort of payment which has yet to be worked out.

Darn this was such a great program!

December 31st.............Well IBM has backed out of the personal low volume API's after promising non-commercial users a way continue using it with a small payment (which I was considering).
You should read the forum about this......it's kind of funny, it was gone from a polite conversation to the absurd!

[page]=3&utm_campaign=new_topic&utm_content=topic_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=notification#topic-reply-list]Weather Underground API Forum:
(2018-12-13, 07:19)melons2 Wrote: Сегодня я получил электронное письмо от WU с объяснением, почему и почему 31-го числа мой личный API больше не будет работать ..... без какой-либо оплаты, которая еще не разработана.

Черт возьми, это была такая отличная программа!

31 декабря .......................... Хорошо, что IBM отказалась от персональных API малого объема после того, как пообещала некоммерческим пользователям способ продолжать использовать его с небольшим платежом (который я рассматривал).
Вы должны прочитать форум об этом ...... это довольно забавно, оно превратилось из вежливого разговора в абсурд! [page] = 3 & utm_campaign = new_topic & utm_content = topic_link & utm_medium = email & utm_source = messages # topic-reply-list] Weather Underground API Forum:

And it works for me API
The latest update from Weather Underground (https://apicommunity.wunderground.com/we...topic_link):

WeatherUnderground Forum Wrote:Hi there from the Weather Underground API Transition Team.

We’d like to reiterate a few things and let you know of a few small timing changes as we move closer to the previously announced retirement of the Weather Underground API:

- Based on the response to the previous announcement as we neared year end, we have extended the retirement date to February 15, 2019 to allow you more transition time.
- All Weather Underground API keys will stop working on February 15, 2019 unless otherwise agreed upon with Weather Underground.
- All credit card charges for existing Weather Underground API subscriptions will stop on December 26, 2018.

Personal Weather Station (PWS) owners/contributors will continue to be eligible for a free replacement API service selected from our standard IBM/Weather Company standard offerings that contain:

- Current observations from the PWS network
- 5 day daily forecast
- PWS historical data
- PWS lookup by geocode, zip code and location
- Call volume: 1500/day, 30/minute

You can check out our PWS contributor replacement API documentation here.

If you need higher call volumes, you can still sign up for a paid API subscription plan from The Weather Company. Prices begin at $200/month. To have a representative contact you or to request a demo, please click to fill out the contact form.

Finally, we are humbled by the loyalty you’ve shown us during this difficult transition period. Thank you for your continued support of the Weather Underground community.

With gratitude,
The WU API Transition Team
Photo of Tim Roche
Tim Roche, Official Rep

329 Posts 36 Reply Likes
Posted 22 hours ago
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
I have a valid Weather Underground API as I upload weather to the site. Where can I find and install the Weather Underground add-on?

Thanks in advance,
Jamie R. Dean
Morganton, NC
Could you forward me the info. on getting Weather Underground back as I have a valid API Key since I'm a weather provider.

Thanks,
Jamie
AFAICT, there is a new API for PWS owners who get a new key.  Someone would have to update the old WU addon to get it to work.  Since I don't know that any of the devs have a PWS providing to WU, that means some one will have to step up to make the changes.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Well, it seems the Feb 15th has come a week early, as my WU plugin ceases to function yesterday and the weather updates no more.
Wojtek
I looked thru the banned add-on list and didn't see this one listed so hope this does not violate any rules. My old personal weather underground api using the original weather underground add-on just stopped working last week. I have my own PWS so was able to get a new api. I have found a add-on on github called wundergroundpws that seems to provide some functionality that at least allows you to display weather info from my PWS.  This only works if you have your own PWS and can get a new personal api from weather underground. Do a google search or a search over on github and you should be able to find it. Read the README file for configuration details.
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weather Underground1