Cannot install this beauty!
hansie16 Wrote:Sorry, guys, I have tried the route via CD installing on USB stick; I had to do it on my old laptop (otherwise CD player was not recognised) (with internet cable connected (wifi is not ok)!). The USB stick was usable on my old laptop (starting up XBMC nicely). I then tried the stick on my new desktop machine (also Nvidia card) and the startup looked ok at first, but quickly hangs again with a white cursos in top left corner. I am getting frustrated really, because I always liked the XBMC Live (somehow giving nicer colors on my TV than the Windows version). Is the only route trying Openelec? I will try this weekend.
Hi
Its prob the video card drivers..you can log in at the prompt then use the console commands to install the updated nividia drivers....
use the search function and search for your video card and or instructions on how to update the drivers...you can try OpenELEC it wont hurt anything and if it works at least you will know your hardware is supported....

Wozza
Thanks guys, Openelec finally worked ok on my new machine! Is it different from XBMC in handling video? Or is it only stripped down version, but similar handling of video?
hansie16 Wrote:Thanks guys, Openelec finally worked ok on my new machine! Is it different from XBMC in handling video? Or is it only stripped down version, but similar handling of video?

What video card do you have? I'm having problems installing openelec.... i can't get pass systemlinux line. After that line, the screen goes black and stays black.
hansie16 Wrote:Thanks guys, Openelec finally worked ok on my new machine! Is it different from XBMC in handling video? Or is it only stripped down version, but similar handling of video?
Not really it just has a lot more of the linux distro removed ect, which can cause issues later if you want to have a tinker or make the system do things to your specific needs...anyway now you know your system is supported and will work, you can go back and try setting up xbmc-live manually for your system
Cheers
Wozza
capone Wrote:What video card do you have? I'm having problems installing openelec.... i can't get pass systemlinux line. After that line, the screen goes black and stays black.

Don't know, it gave me a "caching mode page" or something warning, but then nicely starts. I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT430 1G. I had some problems with getting sound to work, but that worked eventually (using plughw or something - using my friend google). One would think that things become easier in time, but that is not the case with XBMC (I started on Xbox) and Openelec. Perhaps a course Linux would help, I know! Hope you succeed somehow (I ruined for example 4 CDs by now)!
Wozza_au Wrote:Not really it just has a lot more of the linux distro removed ect, which can cause issues later if you want to have a tinker or make the system do things to your specific needs...anyway now you know your system is supported and will work, you can go back and try setting up xbmc-live manually for your system
Cheers
Wozza

Thanks. I wait with XBMC Live until new release, as I tried at least 6 different versions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot install this beauty!0