Small help please, reverting NVidia drivers...
.. I've been merrily updating a 10.1 LIVE installation to pre-Eden nightlys (no real issues but some crashes, to be expected) but somewhere along the way I think I updated the NVidia drivers once too often and not have issues with 1080i .ts files.. very, very jerky playback (only with 1080i ones, 1080p, 720p are behaving fine). I believe I have in Nvidia 290, I saw comments that 270 were stable?

How can I easily (she said foolishly) revert back to the 270 drivers? (Linux boob... no I mean noob.. no wait maybe I .. anyway.. be kind I learn by example easiest, then figure out what it does and how)
Hi
Please note Im not 100% sure this is the best method Smile
Code:
sudo apt-get --purge remove nvidia-*
Then manually install the older driver
Google the above command to see what it does
that looks like it will do 1/2 of it Smile now how can I install a specific driver version Smile
You can get earlier (in this case the 275.43) Linux drivers by issuing the following:
Code:
wget http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/275.43/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-275.43.run

sudo chmod +x NVIDIA-Linux-x86-275.43.run

sudo ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-275.43.run

As I said, this is for the 275.43 driver version. You can substitute other versions as well, you just have to know the full rev number. I'm not sure if the sudo is needed to perform the chmod command or not, it's been awhile since I've done it.

The running of the build/installation script needs to be done without X running, BTW.
pumkinut Wrote:You can get earlier (in this case the 275.43) Linux drivers by issuing the following:
Code:
wget http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/275.43/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-275.43.run

sudo chmod +x NVIDIA-Linux-x86-275.43.run

sudo ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-275.43.run

As I said, this is for the 275.43 driver version. You can substitute other versions as well, you just have to know the full rev number. I'm not sure if the sudo is needed to perform the chmod command or not, it's been awhile since I've done it.

The running of the build/installation script needs to be done without X running, BTW.

Thanks, I'll give it a try
Yep. As Pumkinut relayed all you need to do is reinstall old version...it'll revert.
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
thethirdnut Wrote:Yep. As Pumkinut relayed all you need to do is reinstall old version...it'll revert.

Yeah, went back to 270.29.. didn't help.. I think I need to revert back to a previous nightly (see other post)
how i disable the x server?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Small help please, reverting NVidia drivers...0