Offtopic Purpose?
So people were discussing the MegaUpload issue and it got locked.

Cool. Cool.

Then I went to see what Offtopic WAS supposed to be for.

So an off topic post got locked in Off Topic for being off topic.

And if discussion shouldn't continue, why wouldn't it be moved to the Recycle Bin rather than Off Topic?
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Lol. My thoughts exactly. I even PM'ed vdrfan about it. People do get blinded by power, I guess.
Quote:And if discussion shouldn't continue, why wouldn't it be moved to the Recycle Bin rather than Off Topic?
Does it really matter ? What it obviously boils down to, is that we don't want there kind of threads here. They waste our free time since it usually doesn't take long until users start posting links to "alternative" pages and whatnot. Those we then have to delete.

Clearly the person who originally moved the post to off-topic didn't think the thread was xbmc specific and further own the timeline we agreed we don't want the discussion as a whole.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Clumsy Wrote:Clearly the person who originally moved the post to off-topic didn't think the thread was xbmc specific and further own the timeline we agreed we don't want the discussion as a whole.

Then why not lock it with that statement instead of the one posted?

Don't say you're locking a post in offtopic for being offtopic.

Second, I do think it is relevant. I know I've downloaded skins, image packs, weather backgrounds, plugins, etc all for XBMC legally from MU. Same goes for custom compiles. Not everyone has access to their own domain to host stuff.
Code:
Quote:Don't say you're locking a post in offtopic for being offtopic.
Probably old habits, from answering to one of 250 "my-icefilms addon doesn't work" support threads per day. Not too surprisingly, 90% of the thread in question correlates with the usual icefilms whine. This probably correlates with vdrfan's daily dose of icefilm-whine induced headaches causing him to pull the standard-defence card.

On a more serious note: this will probably lead into one of those endless discussions which I would like to avoid. At the end of the day it boils to us being annoyed by all kinds of piracy related threads and even spam to our official forum support e-mail addresses form users who want there icefilms addon to start working again. We would like to focus on xbmc instead.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Clumsy Wrote:This probably correlates with vdrfan's daily dose of icefilm-whine induced headaches causing him to pull the standard-defence card.

or any form of whine induced headaches..... Cool
Clumsy Wrote:Probably old habits, from answering to one of 250 "my-icefilms addon doesn't work" support threads per day. Not too surprisingly, 90% of the thread in question correlates with the usual icefilms whine. This probably correlates with vdrfan's daily dose of icefilm-whine induced headaches causing him to pull the standard-defence card.

and that is so true.
Even as a forum user i get headaches from those icefilms error threads
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I'm pretty sure Vbulletin has a way when you're submitting a new topic to search and or block based on words. So if someone tries to submit anything with the words "icefilms" in it it doesn't let it through.

I'm pretty sure the original "Cinema Theater Experience" trailers were all on MU.

Edit: Heck, here's the Arabic translation hosted on MediaFire. What happens if the same thing happens to Mediafire?
Code:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Offtopic Purpose?0