Youtube plugin showing "Activity of:" for subscriptions
Hey!

I just noticed the problem described in the topic. All of a sudden, my subscriptions are listed with "Activity of:" before the each username, and trying to fetch the video list shows a "No content" error.

I fixed this by modifying the file "YouTubeCore.py" in the plugin directory, on or around line 220. In

Code:
folder['Title'] = node.getElementsByTagName("title").item(0).firstChild.nodeValue.replace('Activity of : ', '').replace('Videos published by : ', '').encode("utf-8")

remove the space before the : in the "Activity of : " string.

My assumption is that Youtube changed a string on their web site, removing that space, causing the plugin parser to fail. Must have happened very recently too, since at least yesterday I was still able to browse the subscriptions with the space present.
Kind regards, Frank

Kodi: LibreELEC Beta
HTPC: Raspberry Pi 2 (Model B)
TV: Toshiba 47"
NAS: Debian Jessie x64 (Gigabyte GA-D510UD), HDD 3x1.5 TB + 1x2 TB (SnapRAID, MergerFS)
Loc2262 Wrote:Hey!

I just noticed the problem described in the topic. All of a sudden, my subscriptions are listed with "Activity of:" before the each username, and trying to fetch the video list shows a "No content" error.

I fixed this by modifying the file "YouTubeCore.py" in the plugin directory, on or around line 220. In

Code:
folder['Title'] = node.getElementsByTagName("title").item(0).firstChild.nodeValue.replace('Activity of : ', '').replace('Videos published by : ', '').encode("utf-8")

remove the space before the : in the "Activity of : " string.

My assumption is that Youtube changed a string on their web site, removing that space, causing the plugin parser to fail. Must have happened very recently too, since at least yesterday I was still able to browse the subscriptions with the space present.

Wow nice catch hadn't noticed, and it went right through our test suite.
Although the fix published here works partially, I get some channels preceded by "Videos published by:" e.g. "Videos published by: TheAlexJonesChannel"
On the same line in "YouTubeCore.py" (line 220 of 867) you also need to remove the space after "by" in the 'Videos published by :' string.
Thx m8's Smile

This worked great Wink
it works Wink thank you guys.
Loc2262 Wrote:Awesomeness

Thank you very much indeed.

On Dharma I found this in line 261 of YouTubeCore.py, it now reads as below:

Code:
video['Title'] = node.getElementsByTagName("title").item(0).firstChild.nodeValue.replace('Activity of: ', '').replace('Videos published by: ', '').encode( "utf-8" );

This has removed the activity of, published by being appended before the user name in the subscription list, and videos are playing correctly from there now without having to resort to searching for the user.

Thanks again Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Youtube plugin showing "Activity of:" for subscriptions0