• 8(current)
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta3 available now
Promises to be a great release. Congratulations to all involved.
However, I thought the idea was to have shorter release cycles, but this seems to be the longest release cycle ever.
What xbmcbuntu really needs is a persistent live iso!
castalla Wrote:What xbmcbuntu really needs is a persistent live iso!

It's clumsy but it works - create persistent usb using unetbootin. Start as Default. Make changes. If need to get to ubuntu - logn as xbmc - no password.

Close down - restart as Default. Settings should be saved.
I was running eden beta 2 ands all was fine, I uninstalled 2 and installed 3 on my windows 7 machine, now xbmc keeps locking up after a few seconds of running. I uninstalled 3 and went back to 2 and now 2 does the same thing. Any idea's
As per usual, the log file will show exactly what's going on.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Like the new look. But it seems like the compatibility with my Logitech DiNovo Mini has been broken. Letter keys work, but the "play" "stop" "next" "previous" buttons do not. What can I do to help you see what I am seeing?
I sometimes get stutter in music (flac, samba) when using PAPlayer. If I switch do a "play using dvdplayer" there is no stutter.

Otherwise, I really do like the changes.
Diggs Wrote:The option you need is Clean Library, not update. I believe update simply adds any new content, where clean will remove any entries where it couldn't locate the path.

Diggs

Am I the only one who thinks this should happen automatically after a library update? Give the user the choice to disable the functionality in the settings, sure.

Huh
Sorry dont know were to find the log, who ever I have found that the issue is with external usb hard drive. I have my movies and music on an external hard drive, as soon as I try to add any of thos folders to xbmc, all hell breaks lose.

it seems the bata 3 messed up my usb 3.0 ports. Now even after uninstalling xbmc I cant get the USB 3.0 ports to see the drive. I know its not the drive because it works fine in the USB 2.0 ports and works fine on my laptop in a usb 3.0 ports. This sucks, I hope I dont have to reload windows because of this....
gibxxi Wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this should happen automatically after a library update? Give the user the choice to disable the functionality in the settings, sure.

Huh

You can do this in advancedsettings.xml. 'clean on update'

The reason is that if the sources are not available those will be wiped from library.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
yep, I played arround some more, Beta 3 messed up the conection of my external hard drive to my usb 3.0 ports, had to remove driver and reinstall to get it back up and working. Strange...................

update,
reinstalling the usb 3.0 driver didnt help, only worked for a little while. Now reloading windows. Let you know if all works after reload.
mpg732 Wrote:yep, I played arround some more, Beta 3 messed up the conection of my external hard drive to my usb 3.0 ports, had to remove driver and reinstall to get it back up and working. Strange...................

update,
reinstalling the usb 3.0 driver didnt help, only worked for a little while. Now reloading windows. Let you know if all works after reload.

i've had terrible luck with usb 3.0 external hdd's so far, somehow there's something wrong with those nec usb 3.0 chipsets, because for some still unknown reason, my hdd's would just "disapear", while still spinning, windows would not recognise it anymore, neither would the bios. Only resetting the drive's enclosure/chipset would get it back again. If you look around on google, there's plenty more people complaining about the same issues, so i'm not sure xbmc has anything to do with that problem.
djbarney Wrote:i've had terrible luck with usb 3.0 external hdd's so far, somehow there's something wrong with those nec usb 3.0 chipsets, because for some still unknown reason, my hdd's would just "disapear", while still spinning, windows would not recognise it anymore, neither would the bios. Only resetting the drive's enclosure/chipset would get it back again. If you look around on google, there's plenty more people complaining about the same issues, so i'm not sure xbmc has anything to do with that problem.

I now agree with you, I reloaded windows and had the same problem. Windows sees the drive but says it has no data. If I plug it into the MB 2.0 ports, I have no problem. I wonder if its the PCI-e card. Bad timing, this just happened at the same time when I upgraded to the latest xbmc release.

Thanks for the info sorry for this post.
Hello,
since eden beta 3 i have a big problem.
On my nas the directory names are -=[Movie]=- etc.
The displayed foldename is only -
How can i fix this ?
Thank you
259 posts. Search!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

• 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11.0 Eden: Beta3 available now2