[xbmcbuntu eden beta 3] Init Crash On Startup
It is funny but I got this freezing problem and the issue was due to FULL HARD-DISK! All the caching, thumbnails and user data occupied my whole hard drive. I removed some and XBMCBuntu started!
(2012-05-10, 16:57)pi3ch Wrote: It is funny but I got this freezing problem and the issue was due to FULL HARD-DISK! All the caching, thumbnails and user data occupied my whole hard drive. I removed some and XBMCBuntu started!

+1

I might have had the same reason for the problem (without knowing it). I solved it by buying a new SD-card (16 gig) since my regular CF-card (4 gig) wasn't large enough with the new XMBCBuntu (XBMC Live worked fine however).
Was having similar problems, I tried some of the ideas listed earlier in this thread to solve the problem. No luck. While doing so, it threw up a few messages about there being insufficient space on the device, so I think my problems match those of pi3ch and JMelin. Now, I am a complete and utter noob when it comes to Linux/Ubuntu, so I have no idea how to clear some space on the stick so I can boot again. I know enough about it to know that it won't read in a Windows PC, so how can I clear a few thumbnails or something and allow my XBMC to boot? It was booting as recently as a day ago, but now I can't get it to boot at all. Assuming that space is the issue, how can I save space so this doesn't happen again? Or is 8GB simply not enough and I need to upgrade the stick to 16GB or even put a HDD in there (ASRock ION 330)?
(2012-07-15, 15:12)jkeysers Wrote: Or is 8GB simply not enough and I need to upgrade the stick to 16GB or even put a HDD in there (ASRock ION 330)?
My conclusion is that 8 gig is simply not enough with XBMC Eden. I had no problems to fit earlier versions of XBMC on my 8 gig CF-card, but with the introduction of a more complete version of Ubuntu, that card is done.

I have planned to install a larger HDD (CF or SSD) in the future, but my solution was to move from XBMC Live to Openelec instead. It only requires around 200 mb, so memory is not an issue. They are still on a late beta stage with their release which includes a beta version of Eden (I hope the will release a sharp release in a near future). A positive thing which I really like is that it boots a lot quicker, since less needs to be loaded.

So in short: a larger memory or a smaller release of XBMC Smile
(2012-02-27, 01:37)Zerogoki Wrote: same boat as everyone else. installs fine on my ASUS AT3IONT-I but then restart the system and all I see is:

Code:
* Starting bluetooth                         [OK]
* Starting Mount network filesystems         [OK]
* Starting Mount network filesystems         [OK]
* Checking battery state...                  [OK]

* Stopping System V runlevel compatibility   [OK]

ive reinstalled it so many times trying to see what causes it but havent figured it out yet.

anyone figured out a fix or will I just need to wait for the final release?

So updated on my issue, the problem was my harddrive (like everyone noted) that I was using. I had no free space (just had enough to install XBMC but when it tries to update after restart it I had no space left and it freeze up. I added a second CF card to 12gb CF (2x6gb microdrives) and put the OS on one and the swap partition on the other, now I have about 2gigs free and system is running fine.
Is there a way to fix this without losing data on the internal disk?
(2012-03-28, 16:57)JMelin Wrote: I was having the same struggle myself (XBMCbuntu Eden, Final). I followed the solution suggested in this thread and thankfully, it worked for me!

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1504531&page=8

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install --reinstall gdm xorg

That didn't work for me. In fact, it's probably a bad idea since XBMCbuntu runs on LightDM, not GDM. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Anyone else have any luck solving this problem? I'm having the same issue.
Also having this problem. Running Eden Final on a 80GB SSD and on a computer with Intel core i3, 4 gb. Have tried sleep in xbmcbuntu.conf. After that change I now get the xbmc graphical loading screen(didn't get that before adding the sleep command. Before I got direct to an text login prompt). But it's stuck on that screen. Anyone having any other ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[xbmcbuntu eden beta 3] Init Crash On Startup0