Volume to high and to low any way to normalize?
I am having an issue with the volume on movies hitting both extremes, the quite parts are to low to hear so I turn it up and then the loud parts are obnoxiously loud. I am using the digital coax out to a cheap dts receiver. I can post the debug log if it would help. I tried Boost volume level on downmix but there was no change.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
onesojourner Wrote:I am having an issue with the volume on movies hitting both extremes, the quite parts are to low to hear so I turn it up and then the loud parts are obnoxiously loud. I am using the digital coax out to a cheap dts receiver. I can post the debug log if it would help. I tried Boost volume level on downmix but there was no change.

In Eden if you open the audio window while playing a movie there's two volume sliders. I think you adjust the second one to aboout midpoint and lower the overall volume to get a degree of compression.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
However if you're using passthrough audio over spdif, then there's nothing XBMC can do about it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Volume to high and to low any way to normalize?0