• 156(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
Hello,

I don't know if this has been reported already, but lately I noticed that my Raspi 3B (running OSMC, with Aeon Nox Silvo skin, latest updates) was starting to idle at ~100% cpu (first sign was that browsing videos was enough to trigger the 'hot!' thermometer sign on screen).
Today I spent some time debugging the issue, disabling addons one by one, and the culprit was found to be Artist Slideshow (v3.0.0).
Once I disable it (and reboot Kodi) the cpu idle returns to a saner ~20%.
(2019-12-21, 14:15)bitbanger Wrote: Hello,

I don't know if this has been reported already, but lately I noticed that my Raspi 3B (running OSMC, with Aeon Nox Silvo skin, latest updates) was starting to idle at ~100% cpu (first sign was that browsing videos was enough to trigger the 'hot!' thermometer sign on screen).
Today I spent some time debugging the issue, disabling addons one by one, and the culprit was found to be Artist Slideshow (v3.0.0).
Once I disable it (and reboot Kodi) the cpu idle returns to a saner ~20%.
Yours is the first report of something like this, and I haven't noticed that here during the burn-in testing.  That said, I don't have a RPI (although I do have OSMC on a Vero 4K+).  I did just check, and when listening to music with AS doing the slideshow I'm at about 6.2% processor load.  With Kodi just sitting there doing nothing I'm between 2% and 4% load.

What skin are you using?  For Estuary (and my mod) AS only runs if you are listening to music and have the Music Visualization screen up.  Some skins leave AS running in the background to provide ongoing art in other areas.  If you're seeing issues when browsing video, I'm not sure how that can be AS unless you're using one of those skins that has lots of scripts processing things in the background.  But I'm happy to keep looking.
i've also noticed my cpu fan making overhours when running AS 3.0.0
it indeed happens when the addon is auto-started by a skin at startup.
RunScript(script.artistslideshow,daemon=True)

the most likely cause for this kind of issue is a while loop in the code without any sleep.
so i searched your code and indeed found one (default.py, line 207).
adding some sleep there fixed it for me ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I did some tests using a freshly written SD-card with OSMC, without most of the other addons I'm normally using and it seems that the high cpu happens only if I install AS with the Aeon Nox Silvo skin (which is what I normally use, as reported in my previous message).
If I switch to the OSMC or the Estuary skin, cpu idle keeps as a low ~15%.

In my test I have only OSMC 2019-11-1, Aeon Nox Silvo 7.0.8 and Artist Slideshow 3.0.0 installed. Nothing else. I don't even have sources selected.
About Aeon Nox Silvo, I did notice that on its github repo there are some commits related to AS 3.0, but I guess they are not yet pushed out for release, so maybe some fix is ongoing.
@pkscout 

Thanks is working great.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2019-12-22, 05:04)ronie Wrote: i've also noticed my cpu fan making overhours when running AS 3.0.0
it indeed happens when the addon is auto-started by a skin at startup.
RunScript(script.artistslideshow,daemon=True)

the most likely cause for this kind of issue is a while loop in the code without any sleep.
so i searched your code and indeed found one (default.py, line 207).
adding some sleep there fixed it for me ;-)

Thanks for finding that. I’ll take a closer look at it tomorrow and get a fix into beta. I’ll likely submit an update to the main repo just after the new year.
Hi there @pkscout, a similar issue with 100% CPU usage was reported here. After disabling and enabling individual addons I arrived at Artist Slideshow. In this case we were 2 people on similar setups: Kodi 18.5 on Ubuntu 18.04 and at least in my case the skin is Aeon Nox Silvo.
The weird thing for me is that I've been a happy camper for years with the same setup and the issue only started about a week or 2 ago.
Hope this helps
Got one question regarding already downloaded pictures on different profiles.

Was running kodi with different profiles on different boxes. I found that AS downloaded the images to its add_data/ folder in ArtistSlideshow. As I'm maintaining an ArtistInformationFolder (AIF) now, I would like to copy the already present pictures over. What would be the best way to do? Rename all downloaded images to fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg...fanartX.jpg and move them into the corresponding AIF folder? 
So I'm looking for the best practice to keep the already downloaded images and prevent them to be downloaded again?!
New Beta Available

There's a new beta available (3.0.1~beta2) that should hopefully fix the CPU usage/temperature issues.  I don't use any of the skins that leave AS running, so I could only do limited testing with my Estuary mod setting AS to daemon mode, so it would be nice if some folks could test and let me know.  Given the Christian and Jewish holidays during this time of year, I probably won't submit the update until after the new year, so if you're seeing the CPU usage issue, please use the beta.

Beta repo is at:

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.be...-1.1.1.zip
(2019-12-23, 11:33)Uatschitchun Wrote: Got one question regarding already downloaded pictures on different profiles.

Was running kodi with different profiles on different boxes. I found that AS downloaded the images to its add_data/ folder in ArtistSlideshow. As I'm maintaining an ArtistInformationFolder (AIF) now, I would like to copy the already present pictures over. What would be the best way to do? Rename all downloaded images to fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg...fanartX.jpg and move them into the corresponding AIF folder? 
So I'm looking for the best practice to keep the already downloaded images and prevent them to be downloaded again?!

There is an option in the settings to move all your artwork from your current AS download directory to the AIF and rename them to fanartxxx.jpg (or .png or .gif, etc) that I think will do what you want.  To do that, leave all the settings as is, make sure you have the AIF set in the Kodi settings, and use the option in the ADVANCED section labeled "Move images to Kodi music artist folder."  After that runs, go to the STORAGE settings and change the option "Store artist images in" to "Kodi artist information folder."  As long as you leave "Store artist information in" as "addon_data folder" (or whatever it was when you started) then AS shouldn't download any of the images again, and from now on when new images are downloaded they'll be added to the AIF folder with the next fanartxxx number in the sequence.
(2019-12-23, 16:52)pkscout Wrote: New Beta Available

There's a new beta available (3.0.1~beta2) that should hopefully fix the CPU usage/temperature issues.  I don't use any of the skins that leave AS running, so I could only do limited testing with my Estuary mod setting AS to daemon mode, so it would be nice if some folks could test and let me know.  Given the Christian and Jewish holidays during this time of year, I probably won't submit the update until after the new year, so if you're seeing the CPU usage issue, please use the beta.

Beta repo is at:

http://raw.github.com/pkscout/repository...-1.1.0.zip
Didn't help for me, unfortunately (Aeon Nox Silvio on Leia).
The beta repo is not accessible, I directly downloaded from GitHub.
(2019-12-23, 20:02)Wichte Wrote:

Beta repo is at:

I fixed the link to the beta repo in the previous post.  When you downloaded it from Github did you do the master branch or new-version branch?  Master doesn't have the updates, so installing from Master would just get you 3.0.0 again.  Also, if you install the zip from Github unaltered you end up with a folder called script.artistslideshow-master (or -new-version).  I don't think Kodi will use that if the original AS is still there.  The only way to fix that is to unzip the item from github, rename the folder to script.artistslideshow, re-zip it, then install that.  Anyway, best to try from the repo.  If you're sure you have the updated code (3.0.1~beta2), could you post a debug log so I can take a look at it?  Thanks.
can confirm 3.0.1~beta2 fixes the issue for me.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2019-12-23, 21:16)pkscout Wrote:
(2019-12-23, 20:02)Wichte Wrote:

Beta repo is at:

I fixed the link to the beta repo in the previous post.  When you downloaded it from Github did you do the master branch or new-version branch?  Master doesn't have the updates, so installing from Master would just get you 3.0.0 again.  Also, if you install the zip from Github unaltered you end up with a folder called script.artistslideshow-master (or -new-version).  I don't think Kodi will use that if the original AS is still there.  The only way to fix that is to unzip the item from github, rename the folder to script.artistslideshow, re-zip it, then install that.  Anyway, best to try from the repo.  If you're sure you have the updated code (3.0.1~beta2), could you post a debug log so I can take a look at it?  Thanks. 
I definitely used the new-version. It at first seemed to work, after some time the cpu usage went up again. I will look into it after the holidays, thanks for your support.

Beta repo is at:

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.be...-1.1.1.zip
I have Updated AS to the beta version from the repo given.  CPU utilization has definitely been reduced.  A single CPU thread still goes up to 100% but fluctuates between 45% and 100% and is not constantly pegged at 100%.  Temperature was reduced by a couple of degrees while idling.  I am running LibreElec 9.2 on both RPI2 and RPI4.  Both are similarly configured and had the exact same symptoms.  Both brand new builds from scratch a few days ago, so not a bunch of lingering stale stuff installed.  Also using the Aeon Nox:Silvo skin (from git that works with AS) on both systems. AS and CU lyrics installed on both systems.
  • 156(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5