• 9(current)
New forum - Pros and Cons
Its perfect Tongue
(2012-03-16, 09:28)pjakesson Wrote: The old forum remembered my last visit, and on next visit only posts after my last
visit was marked unread, and all older posts marked as read. For me it was
a great function.

Do I have to manually mark forum as read now?

Or is it some setting in my profile I am missing?

thanks in advance

Per
Its manual only I think and its almost better because I found myself missing posts int he old forum because it would take time to time out my login and many new posts happened in that time but did not show up as new next time I visited
(2012-03-15, 00:16)Big_Noid Wrote: Option 1 is a good idea, but better in the form of a thanks button.

Great idea. Thanks would really start to show how many times people appreciate the advice.

(2012-03-15, 08:22)Martijn Wrote: I am also missing those text format buttons in the quick reply.
Now i have to go to full edit or preview post which is in turn way to crowded IMO for quick editing

I'd love to see the simple formatting buttons in the quick reply - especially the link and image buttons.

The other things that I was thinking of today was that people are starting to post logs as attachments in all sorts of different ways. I liked pastebin for logs as it was always the same format and easy to read (not that I can understand the bloody things). Is it really necessary to be able to add attachments to posts?
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
(2012-03-15, 22:59)da-anda Wrote:
(2012-03-15, 19:45)distracto Wrote:
(2012-03-15, 13:31)jjd-uk Wrote: Only minor issue for me is that I initially thought the Search This Forum feature had gone as it's no longer at the top of the forum thread listing i.e. when in General Discussion forum only search within that forum...
agreed. this forum is more for searching for solutions than general discussions, so all search features should be prominent and easy to use.

good point - moved on top now
Thanks for this Smile

Really liking the new forum! Big Grin

One thing that is bugging me is the 300 character maximum length for signatures! Can this be increased? My existing signature is over 300 characters long and it displays fine in my posts. However its when i try and edit it that the error about it being too long pops up.

Looks like forum url's and formating tags are counting as characters.

Cheers! Wink

[EDIT:] Oh... also, when zooming in on an iPhone, like to the login box, you get text overlapping from the control bar at the top of the forum. Cheers.
I doubt the limit will be increased, though BBCode should be ignored - I suspect you're hitting the 300 char limit without it anyway?.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hey jmarshall,

Yeah, i was about 140 char over!! Managed to get it to just below 300.

Thanks!
Only issue I can see is some BBCode functions are missing from the previous board or have not been ported over, meaning some posts that existed before the switch are now looking a bit funky or are hard to read.

Could also do with an easy-to-reach "View Your Posts" link in the top bar so you can quickly check for replies to forums you've posted in. Oh and the new forum has broken the forums browser add-on, but this isn't Team XBMC's fault.

Overall it's a nice looking forum, well done.

Smile
(2012-03-18, 18:44)gibxxi Wrote: Only issue I can see is some BBCode functions are missing from the previous board or have not been ported over, meaning some posts that existed before the switch are now looking a bit funky or are hard to read.
Could you please link to some examples so that we can fix it?
(2012-03-18, 21:41)da-anda Wrote:
(2012-03-18, 18:44)gibxxi Wrote: Only issue I can see is some BBCode functions are missing from the previous board or have not been ported over, meaning some posts that existed before the switch are now looking a bit funky or are hard to read.
Could you please link to some examples so that we can fix it?

I could... if I could remember which forum threads I saw errors in. Next time I see something out of whack I'll post back here.

Have seen some
  • BBCodes not handled, even though this forum does support lists. Maybe a incorrect case issue. That's just one example off the top of my head.
Sub forums have lost the bullet point between them and now there's no indication that there's new posts in them.
Yup - it'll probably come back (the ATV3 teardown thread brought quite a number of guest views to the forums, so they got a bit slow for a while there).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-03-16, 22:16)liquidskin76 Wrote: Oh... also, when zooming in on an iPhone, like to the login box, you get text overlapping from the control bar at the top of the forum. Cheers.

Hi,

Regarding the zoom problem with the top control bar, if you zoom your computer broswer to 400% you can replicate the problem.

Cheers
I've noticed logging in today that Forum Jump at the bottom seems to have disappeared, it was definitely there last week Huh Personally I find it immensely useful when either finished reading through a thread or scrolling down the posts in a forum, so I'm at bottom of page to then use Forum Jump to switch to another forum. Hopefully this is something that has accidentally been disabled.
we need preview thread when hoovering over with mouse. Is this an option that is being considered?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New forum - Pros and Cons0