TV Show Custom Season Names
(2014-01-09, 00:22)Montellese Wrote: Theoretically I'm interested and it is a lot easier now than it was a few months ago (back then we didn't even store seasons, we just looked at the season number of the existing episodes) but supporting it in the scraper will be difficult. Having an option to manually set a name in the user interface (like changing the title) wouldn't be that difficult. Unfortunately I'm very short on time right now and it won't make it into Gotham anyway.
XBMC is and always was a long time project for me. So it doesn't matter, whether this feature is implemented in 1 week, 1 months or 1 year. But it's a great message for me and probably some additional users in this thread, that it probably can be included and also will in future, when you have the time to look in the code, which is responsible for this function.
So much kudos to you and one last "request": could you please inform us, when you include the code, so we can test ( I "Subscribe and receive email notification of new replies" just in this very moment)?
Of course I am reading change logs and the blog, but I don't want to miss it or let you have to test it alone, because I was one of the users, that asked for it, so I will be there, if you need testing.
Regards the Master
(2014-01-09, 00:22)Montellese Wrote: Theoretically I'm interested and it is a lot easier now than it was a few months ago (back then we didn't even store seasons, we just looked at the season number of the existing episodes) but supporting it in the scraper will be difficult. Having an option to manually set a name in the user interface (like changing the title) wouldn't be that difficult. Unfortunately I'm very short on time right now and it won't make it into Gotham anyway.
Gotham is done and Kodi and helix on the horizon, would love to see that picked up again. Shall I open a ticket on the trac?
Unfortunately this won't make it into Helix as this will be a rather quick release due to the name change.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I was just wondering if there has been any further discussion of this feature and it's possible inclusion in future releases.

Thanks.
If this gets implemented, would this allow the creation of seasons that aren't actually seasons? There's a lot of shows I have that have web-series, that I'd love to list in order mixed in with the seasons, rather than in just the Specials section

Example being, Battlestar Galactica has 3 different web series, and each takes place at a different part during the show. I'd love to be able to create a season for each of them, and have it sorted in Kodi in between the correct seasons
Actually BSG has them listed as specials, and they will appear in the right place in your listings. Take a look at

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=73545&lid=7

for example, The Resistance (1) shows as appearing after season 2. In your Kodi listings this means it will appear both in the season 0 folder, AND in either Season 2 (at the end) or Season 3 (at the beinning).

Well that works on my system anyway.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm not always accessing them with Kodi/XBMC, so I don't like sorting my specials (Unless it's stuff like behind the scenes or bloopers) like that at a filesystem level. I fix them with NFO files generally
Then I guess you miss out on the Kodi naming goodness ;-)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Is the idea still in the air ? It would indeed be nice to keep the name of the seasons. There is some anime I would use it with, especially as the notion of "season" does not always fit well with the way anime are released.
My work still exists but it's lacking NFO support because that would require some changes to the core which I'm loath to do just for named seasons. But I'll look into it again some day.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Is there any progress on custom season names? I for one would love this feature.
I've improved the implementation but then ran into a major problem when trying to manually refresh a tvshow. We then completely loose all custom season names due to a very odd design of the refreshing process which can't be worked around without re-writing most of the video scanner implementation.
What i ask myself by reading this Tread; why not use Filemode for Sport Events?

Just have a Folder "Sport" in this Folder a Folder "Football" / "Formula 1" and so on.. Building all up via Folder structure, put the right images (Fanart/Thumb) in the related Folders, add the Folder "Sport" to the Favorites and pin this Favorite to the Homemenu (as long as the Skin Supports this.)

For me personal its the "better" solution, as this way sport events dont mix up with tv shows or Movies and i have a separate Place to acess this Folder. (The olnly downside probably is that this way it wouldnt be possible to add a description to a related Event. (not shure if anyone would like to do this.)
Because not every one wants to have the custom season name for sport events?

And if you use the filemode you don't need kodi at all, because a lot great features are missing from there.

I would love to see it for Series, like Torchwood or American Horror Story, where a season means a a special event (Torchwood: S3 = Children of Earth | S4 = Miracle Day) or new show (AHS: S1 = Murder House | S2 = Asylum| S3 = Coven | S4 = Freak Show)...
(2015-09-20, 17:21)Montellese Wrote: I've improved the implementation but then ran into a major problem when trying to manually refresh a tvshow. We then completely loose all custom season names due to a very odd design of the refreshing process which can't be worked around without re-writing most of the video scanner implementation.

Is that the same as losing any custom episode names or custom artwork when refreshing with Kodi? If so, I could live with that limitation in order to have custom season names :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Custom Season Names0