• 23(current)
[WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app
Updating is working here. Make sure that the git-binary is in your path (i.e. you can call "git" from the command line) - this is also true for Windows.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

git for windows installed and in path, but its not working.
(2013-06-14, 02:26)sumnerboy Wrote: This is awesome. I have got it installed and running on my Ubuntu 12.04 server. I have the very latest GIT PULL and most things work great. I.e. Sickbeard, SABNZBD, Couchpotato integration all looks great. However I have two XBMC clients (both running Raspbmc on RaspberryPis) and when I try and view the movie lists on either I get an 'Error connecting to XBMC' notification on the lower right corner of the HTPC Manager page. The TV shows are listing fine but nothing is coming back for the movie list.

Am I missing something? Raspbmc is currently using XBMC 12.2 I believe. Is this too 'new' for HTPC Manager?

Other than that, it is looking great - very handy piece of software - keep up the great work!

I too have the same issue, tv shows working great but movies gives the "Error connecting to XBMC" error.
Using OpenElec on Raspberry Pi with latest build.
(2013-06-15, 13:31)TeKo Wrote: git for windows installed and in path, but its not working.
https://github.com/styxit/HTPC-Manager/issues/2

(I only checked via "Check for updates" button and it reported "Already Up-To-Date")
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

(2013-06-15, 11:56)HenryFord Wrote: Updating is working here. Make sure that the git-binary is in your path (i.e. you can call "git" from the command line) - this is also true for Windows.

I verified that I am able to run the git command from the HTPCmanager directory. .
As linked to in my previous post: Currently an issue with HTPC-Manager - the auto updater is not working.

With the latest updates, the images seem to work on the dashboard. But only the recent movies, the recent tv shows are still without images.
The XBMC tabs are also with correct thumbnails now.

The only problem is that when i click on the settings icon in the dashboard, i get no links. So in can't get to settings and cannot update or restart anymore.
Hi guys, hoping someone can give me a hand adding my xbmc server to HtpcManager; I have succesfully added sickbeard/cp to it.

When I try to add my xbmc server (localhost (or IP), port 80; no username/password) I get the following error:

Quote:2013-06-17 18:33:40,615 :: cherrypy.error.41134400 :: ERROR :: [17/Jun/2013:18:3
3:40] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\HTPC-Manager-master\libs\cherrypy\_cprequest.py",
line 656, in respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\HTPC-Manager-master\libs\cherrypy\lib\encoding.py
", line 188, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\HTPC-Manager-master\libs\cherrypy\lib\jsontools.p
y", line 61, in json_handler
value = cherrypy.serving.request._json_inner_handler(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\HTPC-Manager-master\libs\cherrypy\_cpdispatch.py"
, line 34, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\HTPC-Manager-master\modules\xbmc.py", line 111, i
n ping
self.logger.debug("Trying to contact xbmc via " + xbmc)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\HTPC-Manager-master\libs\jsonrpclib\jsonrpc.py",
line 274, in __call__
return self.__send(self.__name, args)
line 225, in _request
check_for_errors(response)
line 529, in check_for_errors
raise ProtocolError((code, message))
ProtocolError: (-32601, u'Method not found.')

This is with Python 2.7, Server 2012x64, XBMC 12.2. Integration with XBMC is working fine through SB/CP and web access.

Any ideas?
(2013-06-14, 02:22)phelanmt Wrote: I have 32 bit Windows 7, am I not going to be able to install PIL?

I am also curious as to where the HTPC Manager folder goes

Yes, You can install PIL. Just need to find the correct precompiled binary, or install it yourself

The htpc-manager folder can be located anywhere on your system. If you would like to run Htpc Manager, from the commandline; "cd" to you directory and run python Htpc.py

(2013-06-14, 02:26)sumnerboy Wrote: Am I missing something? Raspbmc is currently using XBMC 12.2 I believe. Is this too 'new' for HTPC Manager?

There were no big changes made in the 12.2 version. Over here it works fine. Dit you enable the API from within xbmc?

(2013-06-14, 21:43)Headcase_Fargon Wrote: Question though: Is there an auto-update feature? Or a way to update from the web interface? Or is that manual at this point? I downloaded the zip and am running Htpc.py on Ubuntu, and when I "Check for updates" I get:

In app updating not supported. Git-command not found, or you are ahead of the master branch.
This error is shown when the git-command can not be found on your system, or if you have made any changes to the Htpc Manager code yourself.

(2013-06-15, 13:31)TeKo Wrote: git for windows installed and in path, but its not working.

Auto update is currently broken on windows. As mentioned before, there is already an issue for this. https://github.com/styxit/HTPC-Manager/issues/2 On linux and Osx it works, but not yet flawless.

PIL
A lot of users experience problems getting the images from xbmc to work. This is due to the PIL requirement. PIL is a python image library that takse care of resizing the images from xbmc. Resizing was done so the thumbanils load quickly, without unnecessary large image downloads.

For those who could not get PIL to work, we made it optional. If you do not have PIL installed, the fullscale images will be show and resized by your browser. Note that this will have big impact on the load time for several pages. So it is highly recommended to try and install PIL. Follow the install guide at http://htpc.io

In other news: Join the Htpc Manager irc channel on freenode.net #htpc-manager
We can help you with installation problems, feature requests, and maybe even PIL setup.
http://htpc.io

HTPC Manager combines all your favorite htpc software into one slick interface!

Hello there,

as a proud Arch Linux User I've created two Packages in AUR for htpcmanager and its dependency python2-pil.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?SeB=m&K=darude

Please comment.

Thank you!
Is the newznab search function working for anyone else?

It seems no matter what values I put in the newznab module setup, clicking Test gives me a green checkmark, though when I actually search, no results. Looking in command prompt window i see: "modules.search :: Error :: Unable to fetch information from..." with my nzb.su apikey.
(2013-06-19, 17:25)rbrohman Wrote: Is the newznab search function working for anyone else?

It seems no matter what values I put in the newznab module setup, clicking Test gives me a green checkmark, though when I actually search, no results. Looking in command prompt window i see: "modules.search :: Error :: Unable to fetch information from..." with my nzb.su apikey.

The green checkmark always shows up. This is not reliable. However, searching newznab works for me. I use the nzbs.org site. Are you sure you have the correct url (without http://) and api key? I have no nzb.su account so i can not verify this for you.

If you can somehow invite me for an account or something i can test it for you.

Also, at the moment the site is down for maintenance so that could also be your problem.

HTPC Manager combines all your favorite htpc software into one slick interface!

(2013-06-14, 20:12)HenryFord Wrote:
(2013-06-14, 02:26)sumnerboy Wrote: Am I missing something? Raspbmc is currently using XBMC 12.2 I believe. Is this too 'new' for HTPC Manager?
Works fine over here... Undecided
I'm currently in the process to add some logging to the program, troubleshooting would surely get a lot easier then Wink

Hmm - so my full setup is a MySQL server running on an Ubuntu 12.04 server. I then have two Raspberry Pis running the latest (June update) Raspbmc. This is XBMC 12.2. The media library is stored in the MySQL server instance and accessed by both Pis no problem. I am accessing the media over NFS mounts from the Pi -> Ubuntu server.

As I said, TV is showing up perfectly, but I have yet to see a list of movies. I am updating to the latest HTPC Manager version every day in the hope it will be fixed one day soon!

Is there any logging I can check to help with diagnosing this? It seems at least one other person is having the same problem as me...
(2013-06-20, 05:35)sumnerboy Wrote:
(2013-06-14, 20:12)HenryFord Wrote:
Works fine over here... Undecided
I'm currently in the process to add some logging to the program, troubleshooting would surely get a lot easier then Wink

Hmm - so my full setup is a MySQL server running on an Ubuntu 12.04 server. I then have two Raspberry Pis running the latest (June update) Raspbmc. This is XBMC 12.2. The media library is stored in the MySQL server instance and accessed by both Pis no problem. I am accessing the media over NFS mounts from the Pi -> Ubuntu server.

As I said, TV is showing up perfectly, but I have yet to see a list of movies. I am updating to the latest HTPC Manager version every day in the hope it will be fixed one day soon!

Is there any logging I can check to help with diagnosing this? It seems at least one other person is having the same problem as me...

Try deleting the log in userdata/htpcmanager.log

Then run the program as "python Htpc.py --debug --loglevel DEBUG" and paste the logfile from above.
(2013-06-20, 12:35)mbw2001 Wrote: Try deleting the log in userdata/htpcmanager.log

Then run the program as "python Htpc.py --debug --loglevel DEBUG" and paste the logfile from above.

Here is the debug log as requested. I can't see anything obviously going wrong in there.

http://pastebin.com/7KjZFp52
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app7