• 31(current)
[WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app
(2013-08-17, 21:58)Nicap Wrote:
(2013-08-17, 11:52)styxit Wrote:
(2013-08-16, 23:56)Nicap Wrote: After a git pull i can update again. But the pictures are gone now. Before the "problems" everything seemed fine. I will leave it for a few months and will try it again. I will stick with Maraschino in the meantime. It's a bit more mature. I hope you can get htpcman more stable. It looks promising though.

Are you talking about the xbmc images? They worked before but now they don't? What OS are you using?

The updater and the xbmc images are the biggest problem to get working for everybody. i'm having a hard time getting this right.

Yes, before they worked, but now they don't. The recently added and the xbmc images don't show up. I'm running it on Ubuntu server 12.04 64bit

Is this with or without PIL installed?
http://htpc.io

HTPC Manager combines all your favorite htpc software into one slick interface!

Good grief, this PIL stuff is such an ass-ache...
I am running Ubuntu Server 13.04 32-bit.
I have tried various different methods to try and get the PIL installed / working.
On Ubuntu there's actually an APT package, but that doesn't work properly, even if you install both python-imaging and python-imaging-compat.
You can also try using pip to install it, but pip seems very picky, and from things I have read elsewhere, it often doesn't recognize libs as being installed unless they're in very specific places. In any event, I have actually gotten as far as running a "pip install PIL" and getting "SUCCESS" on all the capabilities, but regardless of what I do, I just get stuff like this in my HTPC-Manager log:

2013-08-20 13:53:47 :: cherrypy.error.161445580 :: ERROR :: [20/Aug/2013:13:53:47] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/htpcmanager/libs/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 656, in respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "/usr/share/htpcmanager/libs/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/share/htpcmanager/libs/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 34, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/share/htpcmanager/modules/xbmc.py", line 202, in GetThumb
return get_image(url, h, w, o, self.auth())
File "/usr/share/htpcmanager/htpc/proxy.py", line 51, in get_image
resize_image(image, height, width, opacity, resized)
File "/usr/share/htpcmanager/htpc/proxy.py", line 88, in resize_image
im = im.resize(size, Image.ANTIALIAS)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 1290, in resize
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 189, in load
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 385, in _getdecoder
IOError: decoder jpeg not available

In my adventures Googling and troubleshooting this today I DID find that supposedly the Pillow package is intended to be an easier-to-install replacement for PIL. Devs, any input on that?

Also, should I be just opening issues on GitHub when I find bugs? There are a couple broken things in settings at the moment and I figure I'll probably find some more stuff once additional things get checked in Tongue
I'm afraid I can't be of much use on the Transmission API. My "transmission minder" shell script specifically interacts with Transmission via the transmission-remote command-line utility, and I understand the scope of this project to be strictly over the network.
Catchy Signature Here
(2013-08-17, 22:04)styxit Wrote:
(2013-08-17, 21:58)Nicap Wrote:
(2013-08-17, 11:52)styxit Wrote: Are you talking about the xbmc images? They worked before but now they don't? What OS are you using?

The updater and the xbmc images are the biggest problem to get working for everybody. i'm having a hard time getting this right.

Yes, before they worked, but now they don't. The recently added and the xbmc images don't show up. I'm running it on Ubuntu server 12.04 64bit

Is this with or without PIL installed?

This is with PIL installed
What would a reliable method be to verify the installation status of PIL?
Catchy Signature Here
(2013-08-22, 20:21)SleepyP Wrote: What would a reliable method be to verify the installation status of PIL?

I thought i had one, but as so many people are having problems, i am not sure. I just don't know how to support all different kind of Operating Systems and Python versions. The install guide on htpc.io tells how to install on several OS, but apparently it's not enough.

The following on the commandline works for me:
Code:
$ python
>>> import Image

Start python, import PIL. If this throws errors, PIL is not (correct) installed. If there is no warning/error output after the import line, PIL was imported successfully.

The other thing I was wondering is if you had any recommendations regarding installing PIL on an Ubuntu system. It seems like there are 3 options:
-Install via apt-get
-Install via PIP
-Compile from source

I'm guessing you are using / recommending PIP, as its cross platform and easy?
Catchy Signature Here
(2013-08-15, 01:06)styxit Wrote: For everyone who uses Transmission for torrent downloads:
Basic usage for Transmission has been added!

This is a first version, please let me know what you think.
To allow external access to transmission (which is required to use it with HTPC Manager), activate 'allow external access' in the transmission settings.

I used Transmission for OSX to test this, but if i am correct, it should also work for the Unix versions. Can anyone verify this?

I'm playing a little with Unraid and HTPC-Manager seems to be working great.
Everything is installed on one system: CouchPotato, Sickbeard, Transmission and HTPC-Manager.
You can choose from which github repository to installed Sickbeard and I've selected mr-orange TPB fork.

The support in HTPC-Manager for Transmission just brings the whole setup to perfection, one webui to control it all.

Well Done !!!

NodNodNod
I still haven't been able to get the images working, and i have tried everything there is to try...

Running on debian.
I can't for the life of me get the CouchPotato app to connect.

I have tried changeing the port, local ip, remote ip, localhost, 127.0.0.1 and so on.

Nothing works.

Anyone know what to do?

Sickbeard and Sab works just fine.
(2013-08-27, 17:41)tmiland Wrote: I still haven't been able to get the images working, and i have tried everything there is to try...

Running on debian.

I am so sorry. I noticed you posted you problem multiple times over the past few months. I do not know what advice to give you, other than follow the PIL install instructions.

(2013-08-28, 15:57)dissan Wrote: I can't for the life of me get the CouchPotato app to connect.

I have tried changeing the port, local ip, remote ip, localhost, 127.0.0.1 and so on.

Using localhost or 127.0.0.1 should both work if couchpotato is installed on the same system as Htpc Manager. Remember to fill in the couchpotato-API-key (can be found in couchpotato -> settings -> show advanced settings) in the htpc manager settings. Basepath can be left blank i most situations. The test button might fail (this could be a bug) but Couchpotato should work fine.

Hi styxit.

I really like how HTPC-Manager displayed on a 10" tablet, it works flawlessly.

It would be nice to be able to add a custom button on the topbar so one could link it to his/her server admin page.
For example it would be useful for me to set it to Unraid admin page.

Another option would be to have the custom button on the configuration context menu.
(2013-08-27, 17:41)tmiland Wrote: I still haven't been able to get the images working, and i have tried everything there is to try...

Running on debian.

Have you tried testing it on a different machine, VM, or OS? That is where I would start to troubleshoot.
Not to be a jerk, but how is that at all useful?

The 2 outcomes on the logic path from that step are "The images work on the VM" or "the images do not work on the VM".
My honest question is "OK and then what?" Either way you don't get a very clear path on what to do to get it working, just confirmation that the actual install is broken, which we already know.

It seems like a more useful way to proceed is to examine the logs to determine what the nature of the failure is.
In the directory where HTPC manager is installed, you should have a userdata folder.
Inside of there you should have the file htpcmanager.log.
This is the log you'll want to look at after you attempt to load images from XBMC.
Like here's a cat from mine just to give you an idea of WTF I am talking about:

Code:
2013-08-20 14:29:49 :: cherrypy.error.161445580 :: ERROR :: [20/Aug/2013:14:29:4                                                                                                                    9] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/htpcmanager/libs/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 656, in respon                                                                                                                    d
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/usr/share/htpcmanager/libs/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 188, in __ca                                                                                                                    ll__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/htpcmanager/libs/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 34, in __call                                                                                                                    __
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/htpcmanager/modules/xbmc.py", line 202, in GetThumb
    return get_image(url, h, w, o, self.auth())
  File "/usr/share/htpcmanager/htpc/proxy.py", line 51, in get_image
    resize_image(image, height, width, opacity, resized)
  File "/usr/share/htpcmanager/htpc/proxy.py", line 88, in resize_image
    im = im.resize(size, Image.ANTIALIAS)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 1290, in resi                                                                                                                    ze
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 189, in l                                                                                                                    oad
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PIL/Image.py", line 385, in _getd                                                                                                                    ecoder
IOError: decoder jpeg not available

The "decoder jpeg not available" is somewhat helpful because it shows the PIL doesn't have JPEG abilities installed or detected for some reason.
Of course actually fixing that issue seems very specific to the operating system and packages and install method being used, but thats a much more straightforward approach then having to set up (and possibly troubleshoot) an entire VM and new OS on said VM, and then basically be back where you started.
Catchy Signature Here
I'm taking back all my requests regarding Transmission automation and deleting files.
This can easily be achieved with a script, here's a link to my solution for Unraid (which should work with any Linux distro).

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.p...ic=29141.0
Please forgive my ignorance but why is "all" the data appended with javascrip/jquery instead of mako?
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app7