• 27(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
Guys a new stick is on his way;
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1132842
(2012-06-23, 12:29)khui Wrote:
(2012-06-22, 20:53)CHRONiC YOUTH Wrote: Has anyone with an a10 device been able to get audio to work over HDMI? I would love to use my mk802 for xbmc, but im afraid im not sure how to get any sound out of the HDMI cable

audio over HDMI does work (as would be expected). eg jompan87 has just reported her/his experience here

Apologies I should have been more specific, I was referring to in the linux distros since thats what xbmc will be running on

(2012-06-23, 10:03)Ribuck Wrote:
(2012-06-22, 20:53)CHRONiC YOUTH Wrote:
(2012-06-22, 19:50)Ribuck Wrote: Anyway let's not talk about bt devices As it is kind of thread jacking again d1dd1

Youre the one who brought it up -___-, and hes right that device isnt bt. Has anyone with an a10 device been able to get audio to work over HDMI? I would love to use my mk802 for xbmc, but im afraid im not sure how to get any sound out of the HDMI cable

Actually If you bothered to read the thread properly you'll see I didn't bring it up at all, I just relied to questions about bt, so get your facts right before you start flaming people

No one was trying to "flame" you lol, and if you wanted the discussion to not include bt talk you shouldnt have responded with it, so take a chill pill and a deep breath its going to be alright Smile
If you can access the terminal try typing `aplay -l' to find the HDMI audio device. Not sure how to set it up outside of xbmc though.
Another A10 set top box has been spotted called the Intempo Evolve, being sold in the UK only. Cheapest price is £50 on eBay but they're all gone already.
(2012-06-24, 01:05)Starstream Wrote: Another A10 set top box has been spotted called the Intempo Evolve, being sold in the UK only. Cheapest price is £50 on eBay but they're all gone already.

I'm having a hard time finding anything that actually says it's an A10. Similar specs, and a neat device for sure, but I want to make sure it's actually an A10 SoC before adding it to the wiki page: Allwinner A10 (wiki)
Another Allwinner A10 device spotted: Allwinner_A10#Smallart_UHOST (wiki)

I was wondering, why it says AMD Z430 and Z140 on the wiki?
(2012-06-24, 07:58)Shivansps Wrote: I was wondering, why it says AMD Z430 and Z140 on the wiki?

Not sure, but I removed it for now. I did find this though that says some people were listing the MK802 as having AMD Z430 and Z140: http://blog.malde.org/posts/low-cost-ARM-options.html

Very odd. If they are A10 systems then they should have Mali-400MP GPUs. Sounds just like some miscommunication being repeated.
Hi Ned it is very confusing as in the description on oval elephant it say mali400 then in tech specs it says the gpu is amd. You'd think that if thy wanted to sell lots of these things then they would take the time to get the sales info clear.

The odd thing is that i don't think that the z140 & z430 technically exist anymore, as I think they are based on an old reference design from back in 2008, and I think that division of amd was sold off to Qualcomm, and they used the design in some early snapdragon soc designs which apparently had very poor performance.

All very confusing, so let's hope it is does use he mali400
The A10 has a Single Core Mali-400, thats is confirmed.
Thought A10's had dual core Mali400's
Novo 7 Aurora 2(AML8726-M6 - Dual Core CPU and dual core Mali-400) gives 45.3fps in Nenamark2(Nenamark2 test gpu only), my Novo 7 Aurora gives 22.7, exactly the half...
Also if it has a dual core Mali-400 it will be advertised in the specs.

It does not really matter for XBMC, with hardware acceleration enabled it will ne enoght for the interface and even web browsing, CPU is also powerfull enoght, the Cedar decoder do the rest.
Bug 
all,

I've noticed a few links on this threat point to cnx-software website. I accessed it today from work, and my firewalls flagged up that the site was trying sql injections to my local machine, so looks like it was trying to plant something, so just a quick heads up to scan your machines.

I highly doubt that cnx-software.com is trying to do anything bad. This is totally a false positive.

To clarify, the WatchGuard software does not detect anything other than a pre-made list of web addresses and reports that were made. In other words, someone reported something incorrectly. (I think. From browsing their site, it appears that at least part of what they do is just a kind of fancy blacklist.)
Hi Ribuck,

cnx-software.com is using Cloudflare, so I wonder if it could be that the firewall detects Cloudflare IP that is used by many hosts and there was previous SQL injection attempts.
Or is it a "real-time" test, and my blog is really doing something fishy ?

I've just changed my server to use nginx over the week-end, but I doubt it's related.
I'll try to find an A/V software for Linux to run on my server.

Jean-Luc
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15