• 28(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
Hi Ned, watchguard isn't software it is an an £25,000 enterprise class firewall which uses some very advanced real-time IPS technology and not just scanning of packet headers or lists, so it's unliley it's a false positive that you see reported by things like home pc anti-virus.

I'm not suggesting that cnx-software is pushing out anything dodgy, it may possibly be that the servers they are using possibly have some malware on them.

Jean-luc, i'm a bit busy at the moment, but i'll pull the log files later on, as i'll try and get some more information for you.

At least part of their results are coming from a list. From a PDF detailing their service:

Quote:Websense – Supplies the URL database for WebBlocker. Security coverage is supplemented by Websense Security Labs and their ThreatSeeker network.
Ribuck,

I'm installed clamav on my VPS, and run "clamscan -r -i /" and it reported zero infected files:

----------- SCAN SUMMARY -----------
Known viruses: 1258774
Engine version: 0.97.5
Scanned directories: 16787
Scanned files: 92151
Infected files: 0
Total errors: 3835
Data scanned: 3617.27 MB
Data read: 10913.90 MB (ratio 0.33:1)
Time: 693.725 sec (11 m 33 s)

I'm not sure it's the right way to test this type of issues though.

When time permits and If you think it's a false positive, I would appreciate if you could take the time to fill a false positive report - http://www.watchguard.com/support/securi...sitive.asp. I can't do it myself, because I don't know some of the details asked about your company's WatchGuard firewall. Thanks.
I've read through the whole thread, the A10-based devices seem to be a winner. Thinking about taking the plunge on a couple of A1000s for XBMC (yes I know it could be days or weeks or months, using 2 x ATV2s currently so no rush) but had a few questions which hopefully the users that have them already can answer:

a) Output resolutions/refresh rates - gimli's demo is in 720p, does the Mali-400 do 1080p output as well?
b) I read a fair few pages back the driver only does 24 or 60Hz currently. Any plans for other refresh rates (e.g. 23.976, 50)? Wife certainly notices the judder in PAL SD content when played back at 60Hz.
c) Does the A10 bitstream HD audio over HDMI?
Question for A10 devs, do you support OpenMax-IL in android at the platform level for hardware video decode ?
(2012-06-26, 16:44)davilla Wrote: Question for A10 devs, do you support OpenMax-IL in android at the platform level for hardware video decode ?

Only Gimli can answer that at this moment, but it is not using the Android system. The devices are dual booting in linux/buildroot environment similar as RPi.

But I don't know the details of how he is implementing the hardware decoding system.
And yes we don't want to distract gimli from getting xbmc working on the mele device lol
j1nx you have any idea of why using 3.0.31 kernel it does not send any signal to HDMI? i can SSH intro the thing, so it does boot and load drivers as well...

(2012-06-29, 04:38)Shivansps Wrote: j1nx you have any idea of why using 3.0.31 kernel it does not send any signal to HDMI? i can SSH intro the thing, so it does boot and load drivers as well...

Code:
sudo modprobe disp
sudo modrobe lcd
sudo modprobe hdmi

I think you might enjoy the results Smile
With that, HDMI recieves signal, but still a black screen, i think it has something to do with X Server.

BTW, i just tryied Java SE Embedded for ARM.
Take that R-PI Tongue
(2012-06-29, 04:38)Shivansps Wrote: j1nx you have any idea of why using 3.0.31 kernel it does not send any signal to HDMI? i can SSH intro the thing, so it does boot and load drivers as well...

It is important to load the drivers in the exact right order.
Code:
modprobe lcd hdmi ump disp mali mali_drm
(You might not have the mali_drm)
it load all drivers with modprobe (even the mali_drm one), but it just shows up a Black screen, the monitor gets a signal.
If i reboot after that, there is not longer signal in HDMI unless i modprobe the hdmi again, still, just a black screen.

Also:
miniand@miniand:~$ lxpanelctl restart
Cant connect to display: (null)
Hello everybody,

I've read the entire thread and I'm pretty excited about buying a mele A2000. The only thing I'm not sure about and wanted to ask is:

Will this device/platform be able to run XBMC smoothly? I know some skins work smoother then other, but with what can the performance XBMC-wise be compared? Is there a descent Youtube video of XBMC playing on a comparable device?

Keep up the good work guys, really looking forward to the result!
(2012-06-29, 10:37)Nu7s Wrote: Hello everybody,

I've read the entire thread and I'm pretty excited about buying a mele A2000. The only thing I'm not sure about and wanted to ask is:

Will this device/platform be able to run XBMC smoothly? I know some skins work smoother then other, but with what can the performance XBMC-wise be compared? Is there a descent Youtube video of XBMC playing on a comparable device?

Keep up the good work guys, really looking forward to the result!

Theoretically it will be a bit faster then the RPi, so keep using that platform as your performance guidance.

@Shivansps
I will recreate the Linaro rootfs and kernel again this weekend. Haven't looked at it since 1,5 months so stuff might have been changed. Anyway, will work on the Linaro build and will contact you if I run in similar problems (most likely), so we can solve them together.
do we have ETA ?
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15