• 34(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
Hi, someone have seen this liink?

http://projects.doozan.com/a10/
Yes, nice forum there !
They have a lot of experience with embedded arm devices like Dockstar or Pogoplug.
question.... if and a big IF xbmc was ported to an A10 device.... what device would the devs recommend to buyHuh Would like to get one of these devices but dont know which one to get? I was thinking of getting the meleA2000
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
(2012-07-10, 14:15)rflores2323 Wrote: question.... if and a big IF xbmc was ported to an A10 device.... what device would the devs recommend to buyHuh Would like to get one of these devices but dont know which one to get? I was thinking of getting the meleA2000

I think it should be the Mele A2000 but not sure.
Mele has the advantage of having more ports like ethernet, IR, SATA and 3xUSB2.0. However, it depends on the usage scenario. Some of these Android sticks have 1GB of RAM which could be helpful.

But I think the DEVs work wih Mele x000 atm.
(2012-07-10, 15:14)d1dd1 Wrote: Mele has the advantage of having more ports like ethernet, IR, SATA and 3xUSB2.0. However, it depends on the usage scenario. Some of these Android sticks have 1GB of RAM which could be helpful.

But I think the DEVs work wih Mele x000 atm.

yes that is exactly was I was thinking. I like the melaA2000 with all the ports that it has.. Hope that a dev can recommend a box for us or provide their personal opinion on which one they like the most. Wink

Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Anyone knows what is the diference between A1000 and A2000?
(2012-07-10, 15:41)madpanter Wrote: Anyone knows what is the diference between A1000 and A2000?
It's on the wiki Wink
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Allwinner_A10
Mele A1000 is the same hardware and specs as the Mele A2000. The case design is slightly different, and the A1000 only has 2GB of internal flash formatted, but still has 4GB of internal flash total (should be able to be reformatted to use full 4GB).
(2012-07-10, 10:52)Ribuck Wrote: Hey Shivansps, how you getting on with your attempts getting the drivers working properly ?

Im starting to wonder if X11 integration is even possible... i heard not even R-PI has it and there is a lot more devs behind it...

At this point i just want OpenGL ES working...
I´m not an expert but X11 is open source for the Mali, isn´t it?

http://www.malideveloper.com/developer-r...rivers.php
Hello everyone (new member here).
(2012-07-03, 00:09)j1nx Wrote: BUT the VPU is and will most likely stay closed by Softwinner (software division of Allwinner). So we have to work with the binary blobs they release and what I read today is that the current linux blob is crap. (Androis is fine and further ahead in development)

That doesn't sound very encouraging. Any news on this/can you elaborate? Is the Linux VPU blob missing features, unstable, or both (compared to android blob)?
Speaking of the hw. video decoder, does anyone know if Hi10p H264 is supported (at least in hardware, or on Android)?
(2012-07-11, 09:48)mjKiD Wrote: Speaking of the hw. video decoder, does anyone know if Hi10p H264 is supported (at least in hardware, or on Android)?

No consumer hardware decoder exists for Hi10P. You'll need at least an Intel core2duo or better for Hi10P playback, so anything ARM is out of the question.

Also, that guide has a lot of errors. For starters, they keep using still images to compare Hi10P to High Profile content. They also claim Hi10P is the future, when it's actually an 8 year old profile that was only meant for professional/studio use. The future is H.265, which beats the pants off of any profile for H.264. H.265 has broad support from venders, and will eventually have hardware decoding (might take a while for it to be wide spread) while Hi10P might not ever have hardware support.
(2012-07-11, 10:10)Ned Scott Wrote: No consumer hardware decoder exists for Hi10P. You'll need at least an Intel core2duo or better for Hi10P playback, so anything ARM is out of the question.

Also, that guide has a lot of errors. For starters, they keep using still images to compare Hi10P to High Profile content. They also claim Hi10P is the future, when it's actually an 8 year old profile that was only meant for professional/studio use. The future is H.265, which beats the pants off of any profile for H.264. H.265 has broad support from venders, and will eventually have hardware decoding (might take a while for it to be wide spread) while Hi10P might not ever have hardware support.

Bummer. Judging by the history, H265 will be interesting to me only after there's a good open-source encoder. Until then, the anime scene is unlikely to pick it up.
Anyway, what about some other "exotic" video format/encoding features - 50fps, 60fps, VFR?
And of course, what about ASS subtitle rendering (preferably using libass)?
someone knows if theorarm can be compiled to use with A10?
(2012-06-19, 07:58)gimli Wrote:

(2012-07-02, 22:47)Ned Scott Wrote: I don't know a lot of the technical details, but one thing to remember is that XBMC for ARM is no longer a baby. We've been running on iOS/ATV2 for over a year, and we're even on several other ARM devices like the Raspberry Pi (wiki), CuBox (wiki), and some of those PandaBoards/ BeagleBoard/Bone. Davilla showed us a sneak peak video in another thread about another ARM box (from Pivos) running XBMC that uses the same MALI-400MP GPU. All these different platforms bleed into each other, too, as well as efficiency improvements from the desktop side.

I do know that the hackability of the A10 gives us more options than we have on other platforms, which certainly makes things easier. No jailbreaking or anything like that required. Being able to run linux on it is very huge.

As for power, I'm not sure how A10 compares to other ARM SoCs out there, but I can tell you that it's more powerful than a Raspberry Pi (just by the specs), and builds for the R-Pi are getting more snappy and better by the day. A dev would have to tell you more, but I suspect the A10 would be able to handle XBMC as good as (if not better) than an Apple TV 2. That's assuming everything goes well and there are no show stoppers (there's still a ways to go).

There is certainly a steady progressing to port XBMC on ARM platform. The Team is achieving a lot to bring our dream box come true. They are busy on the work, may not have time to explain what's going on at this stage. They are working on this project for free, Let's hope good but don't ask too much at a time. I think it is the time for users to show some good faith to them to thank the XBMC ARM Team.

My $50 donation is on the way to XBMC ARM Team, thanking their hard work. Any of us expecting it happening on Allwinner or Amlogic or any other Armboards may consider donate them as well. Let's do something, don't just sit there hope.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15