• 35(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
Thanks for the "donate" link. I know there is a lot of hard work to do and i will donate for sure.
Thx from my side.
Gimli,

Perhaps a sneak peak video of an actual mele box running xbmc in what ever state it currently is might encourage a lot more donations ?? I know it would definitely encourage me into making a donation Wink
I don't see the point to extort the devs with a possible donation. If you want support them donate, if not then don't.

They probably have their reasons not to release stuff or information early.
(2012-07-11, 17:19)Ribuck Wrote: Gimli,

Perhaps a sneak peak video of an actual mele box running xbmc in what ever state it currently is might encourage a lot more donations ?? I know it would definitely encourage me into making a donation Wink

Every donation helps. Doesn't matter if it is the A10 or another device Wink
Indeed i'm sure that every donation does help, but i'm just saying you might spur on a lot more donation from A10 users out there, if they got a sneak peek........at very least you would get a donation from me.

Maybe this is a dumb question. But why don't the chipmakers(like Allwinner) also itself invest in XBMC? If it would be the same story for A10 as for the raspi then their sales would increase a lot. I can imagine they also have bigger budget to spend and thus can also make noticeable donations.
I hope those chip makers watch this thread, they are encouraged to donate of cause.
I've not participated in this threat, just lurking. I've worked on the Mele for a few weeks, and solved some issues that I was having with it.

But I am concerned with the audio of the A10. I could only get choppy stereo sound out of HDMI, never more than 2 ch. The SPDIF would not even turn on. Since those things are sun4i drivers, I don't know how much that affect the XBMC port. Nor if the hardware would be able to bitstream true-hd/DTS-MA on HDMI if the software issue was solved.

Since I can not attempt to fix the audio problem myself, I will just have to wait Smile

I am starting to get slightly dubious about the whole A10 / Mele port, to the point that i have bought a Raspberry Pi.

The reason i'm starting to think this way is that i don't understand how other hardware platforms like the Cubox came along later and yet have seem to have managed tangible results and have shown working demo's of the actual hardware running xbmc to some extent, which is something we have not seen with any A10 platform.

I think the other than ATV's running xbmc with hardware acceleration, the only other platform i can think of is the Snowball board which uses the A9

It's just a shame that Allwinner themselves aren't actively getting involved in helping the Opensource community with drivers issues, as this would benefit so many people, and not just people wanting XBMC.
(2012-07-12, 10:48)Ribuck Wrote: I am starting to get slightly dubious about the whole A10 / Mele port, to the point that i have bought a Raspberry Pi.

The reason i'm starting to think this way is that i don't understand how other hardware platforms like the Cubox came along later and yet have seem to have managed tangible results and have shown working demo's of the actual hardware running xbmc to some extent, which is something we have not seen with any A10 platform.

And that is exactly why Gimli is working behind closed doors and always have said to be careful with any conclusions. He always have said; It looks good now, but it can always end up in a total no-go, so be aware, don't get your hopes up.

- As long as the VPU library is not updated, made better
- As long as nobody can upgrade the video drivers, adding more and better modes
- As long as nobody can look into the sound driver for the issues Lundman mentioned

We might end up with a total no-go.

It is relatively easy to get XBMC running, but is it hard to do something usefull with it. Like I said the CPU and GPU are fine, but I guess you also want to watch some video material with it Wink

(2012-07-12, 10:48)Ribuck Wrote: It's just a shame that Allwinner themselves aren't actively getting involved in helping the Opensource community with drivers issues, as this would benefit so many people, and not just people wanting XBMC.

We all totally agree with you and some communication is going on. I will investigate if WE as a community can do anything to add some weight to the conversation.
Thank you for that Information j1nx.

I wish i could do something to help. It´s realy fantastic what the hole xbmc-team is doing. I missed my Job i think, i should become a programmer Big Grin

But now it is to late and i just can help with some donations. I can´t say in words how great xbmc is, and how nice it works. And a low-budget box with xbmc would be the best ever.

I don´t give up hope that xbmc will run on the A10 (mali) device.
Hey J1nx,

I totally agree with everything you've said, and it's a shame that a chip like the A10, which has been heralded as being OpenSource actually turns out to be "Not So Open" after all.

It's just such a shame to see a chip with so much to offer not being used to it's full potential...........Sigh.

GPU is fine? im trying for several days to get gles working, just gles, i dont need any X11 acceleration for now... im still unable to, im missing something?
Hello

(2012-07-12, 05:13)lundman Wrote: I've not participated in this threat, just lurking. I've worked on the Mele for a few weeks, and solved some issues that I was having with it.

But I am concerned with the audio of the A10. I could only get choppy stereo sound out of HDMI, never more than 2 ch. The SPDIF would not even turn on............

For me the SPDIF turns on, only 2 channels, but turns ON Big Grin better than nothing.

bye

• 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15