• 37(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
Are you teasing us ?
Are you drunk ?
Or both ? Big Grin

please enlight us Wink
* davilla throws another worm on the hook and casts...
https://github.com/xbmc
http://xbmc.org/theuni/2012/07/13/xbmc-for-android/

Will post a video of XBMC running on the Mini X when I get home from work. The GUI is snappy as hell!
(2012-07-14, 04:37)Ned Scott Wrote: http://xbmc.org/theuni/2012/07/13/xbmc-for-android/

Will post a video of XBMC running on the Mini X when I get home from work. The GUI is snappy as hell!

What a stellar achievement - congratulations to all the devs.

Mele A2000 ordered and donation to XBMC Foundation made!
A big thanks for the effort the xbmc dev team has done on xbmc for android and amazing that they successfully kept this quiet for so long Big Grin

come-on xbmc, android waiting for you.
use +/- ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
Very nice news and I will definetely play with it, althought for me it does not change my goal. I want XBMC in the most minimalistic form on a ARM device. Fully step away from Android.

But congratulations for all the devs involved. I believe the sales of android devices might just jump a bit.
(2012-07-14, 10:25)j1nx Wrote: Very nice news and I will definetely play with it, althought for me it does not change my goal. I want XBMC in the most minimalistic form on a ARM device. Fully step away from Android.

Very much this ^

ARM Linux is still a major goal and part of a much bigger picture for HTPCs/XBMC.
Awesome job, can't believe it !

Since the Mele A1000/A2000, the MK802 and so on share the same GPU as the Pivos XIOS DS set-top-box, the hardware acceleration should directly work with those.
By "buttery-smooth hardware-accelerated playback" , does this imply that H264, VC-1, MPEG2 are all already being hardware decoded ? Cool
Quote:Currently, for most devices only software decode of audio and video is hooked up.
I would ask the same question : What about hardware acceleration in A10 devices ?

Will that boost X server hardware video suport too or nothing to do with that ? I still want run hardware accelerated Debian on it...

Anyway congratulation to all devs !
No hardware decoding on Allwinner A10 systems yet. Soon, though, soon.

Pivos uses the same GPU, but in this case the GPU is not doing the hardware video decoding.
Wow, you guys know how to keep a secret. Great work Big Grin
Let's hope that j1nx will reach his goal an even better XBMC experience.
(2012-07-14, 12:16)Khivar Wrote: Awesome job, can't believe it !

Since the Mele A1000/A2000, the MK802 and so on share the same GPU as the Pivos XIOS DS set-top-box, the hardware acceleration should directly work with those.
By "buttery-smooth hardware-accelerated playback" , does this imply that H264, VC-1, MPEG2 are all already being hardware decoded ? Cool

One more time, but this time the last time...

The VPU does the video decoding, NOT the GPU

edit: Like Ned Scott already pointed out Wink

edit2: My goal is Gimli his goal. Don't give me credit for wanting something Wink It is Gimli who is still doing all the hard work Big Grin
(2012-07-14, 12:24)Ned Scott Wrote: No hardware decoding on Allwinner A10 systems yet. Soon, though, soon.

Pivos uses the same GPU, but in this case the GPU is not doing the hardware video decoding.

Oh. What is ?

(2012-07-14, 13:30)j1nx Wrote: One more time, but this time the last time...

The VPU does the video decoding, NOT the GPU

What does "VPU" stand for ?
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15