• 49(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
(2012-07-23, 20:54)Shivansps Wrote: Because Raspy is not loading a full gnome/Unity 3D Desktop... If you gona use Linaro, you must use the Alip one.

Remove than thing and set up a Xubutu or Lubuntu Desktop, it peforms much better. Hardware Acceleration for X is needed in order to even try to run Unity.

So if I understand correctly, Linaro/Alip is the kernel and Xubutu/Lubuntu/X are operating systems?
In addition, I installed xbmc-live and made xbmc loading without window manager.
In other words, there is no gnome/unity 3d desktop, just XBMC.
I didn't even try to play video because moving trough XBMC menu is almost impossible, I move left, several seconds later XBMC respond. RSS feed scrolls very very slow.
Of course, it is much better than with desktop.
On the other hand, I tried moving around in desktop, it is painfully slow.
Next step is to try to implement this https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/2/...#post-1251
(2012-07-24, 09:31)Nu7s Wrote:
(2012-07-23, 20:54)Shivansps Wrote: Because Raspy is not loading a full gnome/Unity 3D Desktop... If you gona use Linaro, you must use the Alip one.

Remove than thing and set up a Xubutu or Lubuntu Desktop, it peforms much better. Hardware Acceleration for X is needed in order to even try to run Unity.

So if I understand correctly, Linaro/Alip is the kernel and Xubutu/Lubuntu/X are operating systems?

Nope you are not understanding it correctly. Linaro is just a group of developers, Alip is their release Xfce version. So installing Linaro, removing X and then installing Xubuntu is really a waste of time as it is basically the same without the arm optimizations.

And to all the others trying to start XBMC.
If you really can't wait and want to scroll through the menu's (without VPU support that is about all you can do), use theuni his framebuffer patch/branch and compile that with the proper flags for framebuffer and gles support.
I find this one https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/1/topics/136
Any news from Allwinner regarding the VPU ?

Are they in contact with Gimli and j1nx?
You can follow progress on j1nx his blog:
http://www.j1nx.nl/

I don't know if Gimli has one too.
What?! This thread on page 2?? Can't let this happen.

I've been playing around with my movie-collection and I must say I'm impressed on how smooth the Mele A2000 can handle 1080p content. I really hope XBMC on this device would become reality, but until then I'll just have to continue watching on my mede8er. How is the progress?
There is a sudden quiet on this thread, any follow up yet from either allwinner or team. Will that be possible to have a progress list of the A10 hw acceleration for XBMC, my mele box sits in the corner bothering itself and I have a spare TV need it badly :-)
In the meantime you can use this app Mizuu - Movies & TV shows Free. It`s like XBMC without MP3 Support. They use the internal video player from android.
Thanks, but I rather wait for XBMC come to my mele box. That could be the full LinuXBMC :-D
I recieved my Raspberry yesterday and I must say that I'm really impressed by the performance. I truly pray that XBMC will come to the Mele, with the extra power it will smooth out the edges beautifully!
I tried the latest alpha from pivos on my Mele. Of course video isn't working, but the overall menu smoothness especially with a big moviedb, fanarts etc... is amazing compared to a RasPi.

Without Android it should be even better !

Let's hope they get the stuff they need from allwinner.

Please keep us updated !
Communication is going on. No news is positive as all the latest shouts were a cry for help. All it needs is time and a bit of patience.

Looking at the last week, were the thread almost moved to the second page. You proved you can do it. Wink
(2012-08-01, 15:37)j1nx Wrote: Communication is going on. No news is positive as all the latest shouts were a cry for help. All it needs is time and a bit of patience.

Looking at the last week, were the thread almost moved to the second page. You proved you can do it. Wink

Thanks for keeping us up to date J1nx, but go ! enjoy your holiday Big Grin
I know. I try, really try, but just have to go online Sad
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15