• 53(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
Quote:Gimli and Peter will receive a new version of libVE within today so that you can move on. Allwinner is redeveloping the cedarX by following OPENMAX too and will share with the community once available.

So what is this libVE, did you recieve it and is it any more helpfull?

Quote:Someone on Google+ has announced this. "A tracing wrapper for video players that use the CedarX video decoding chip on Allwinner A10 devices"
https://plus.google.com/u/0/104411502518...ciMRdFqnu2

Same questions here. Just trying to learn. Smile
One thing i do not understand is why MX Player can use cedar decoder from day 1, and XBMC do not.
(2012-08-17, 03:07)Shivansps Wrote: One thing i do not understand is why MX Player can use cedar decoder, and XBMC do not.

It's more for linux support. If I understand correctly, it's less of an issue (but still somewhat of an issue?) under Android.
Well, i think everyone will be more than happy if at least the android version works, both of them has his pro and cons.
(2012-08-17, 06:26)Shivansps Wrote: Well, i think everyone will be more than happy if at least the android version works, both of them has his pro and cons.

I wouldn't even mind if XBMC for android would launch an external app for video content.
(2012-08-17, 09:14)Nu7s Wrote: I wouldn't even mind if XBMC for android would launch an external app for video content.

What about the subtitle download plugin, it's one of my favourite features in XBMC.
(2012-08-17, 03:07)Shivansps Wrote: One thing i do not understand is why MX Player can use cedar decoder from day 1, and XBMC do not.

MXplayer talks to the "Android Media Framework". The CedarX interfaces between the Android media framework and the VPU.

The linux port uses a to be written decoder which talks to a software library called LibVE which interfaces with the VPU.
Ok, status update :

Allwinner is telling to support us. Here are the facts :

1.) We told them what changes we need.
2.) They promised changes. Several times.
3.) We got a zip file with a claimed new lib.
4.) The file dates in the zip file are from May and don't show any changes.
5.) Request for ChangeLog ended in an anwser with sorry no ChangeLog.

So reality is, Allwinner was just kidding on us, nothing else.

To bad. Any way i take my hat off to you gimli and everyone else for the effort that you put in to the xbmc comunity
Really bad news. They're very stupid if miss such a big opportunity... they know, their business... but sad Sad
Thank you XBMC team brought us this great piece of software and a great community, I believe XBMC has gone far beyond just a media player, It is a multimedia platform now which is running on almost every piece of hardware. Recent porting to the SoC systems will make it goes everywhere. It will be huge soon. Think about Ouya.

Sadly some company just hasn't got that big vision on this yet. Once left behind, they lost forehand opportunity to take the market share, will have to compete badly later with all the other big names to play catch up, especially with those duo cores or quad cores, what will be the advantage of a Cortex-8 then? Please wake up! AllWinner, everyone else will win except you.

The good news is XBMC team has successfully put XBMC for Linux on the Pivos boxes, this is a truly native XBMC Rofl It's truly a Holy Grail which is a huge win for Amlogic SoC, It deserves an announcement !
Sorry in advance for my newbie questions. I've never used XBMC, and I know its Android support is still under active development, but this seems like a good thread to ask my questions in.

Gimli's post today suggests that Allwinner isn't exactly putting much effort into their statement of support for the XBMC dev team. So while I was considering getting an Allwinner unit for streaming live TV through XBMC, I'm starting to think I might be better off going with an alternative.

A quick search turned up an $88 unit at Amazon called the "G-Box", which touts XBMC support on their website:

http://androidtvbox.us/xmbc-for-android-...-download/

The specs for this unit don't seem markedly different from the Allwinner devices that I've seen (specifically, the G-Box has a "Mali400 Quad Core 3D GPU" and a "Rockchip Cortex A8 CPU").

But if the hurdles that the dev team are facing all come down to library support for those chipsets, then I suppose it's possible that this unit DOES play nice with XBMC.

So is the G-Box's XBMC support for real? Has anyone used one? Does it get decent performance? And are there any other alternatives for a set-top box that work with XBMC? I've also taken a look at the Raspberry Pi, but lack of MPEG-2 support seems to be the dealbreaker there.

sigh.

now i regret buying a allwinner device before being sure it would work for it.

oh well.. i am sure that a somehow working version will come along one way or another. i was just hoping for an official one
Bummer... received my A2000 yesterday evening Sad
Hopefully we will see a working version in the near future.
Until than the SFF wil have to do its work...
(2012-08-17, 15:30)Corporate Dog Wrote: So is the G-Box's XBMC support for real? Has anyone used one? Does it get decent performance? And are there any other alternatives for a set-top box that work with XBMC? I've also taken a look at the Raspberry Pi, but lack of MPEG-2 support seems to be the dealbreaker there.

They have no hardware decoding yet, and Team XBMC has no relation with them. As such, it's just another Android box that may or may not work.
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15