• 61(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
(2012-08-27, 21:08)DrowningApe Wrote: Sometimes I can't help being effusive.

Effuse away! I don't think there's anyone on this forum who isn't a huge nerd for this stuff.

+1
so even though it's kinda hard for me as an outsider to interpret the last few posts and I don't wanna be overly positive, I decided to go for a walk with the dog.

I came back with a pretty nice rock, in case my Mele paper weight needs a replacement soon!
(2012-08-28, 00:28)hansarsch Wrote: so even though it's kinda hard for me as an outsider to interpret the last few posts and I don't wanna be overly positive, I decided to go for a walk with the dog.

I came back with a pretty nice rock, in case my Mele paper weight needs a replacement soon!
Just be sure that was actually a rock you'd picked up from your dog walk and not some... you know... organic matter. Wink

(That was just a joke and not some cryptic hint. I don't know anything either.)
Well for me they missed the train becaus raspberry pi got mpeg-2 support. Cant wait to get one and run openelec on it
(2012-08-29, 10:13)madpanter Wrote: Well for me they missed the train becaus raspberry pi got mpeg-2 support. Cant wait to get one and run openelec on it

I've got both and in my honest opion the PI is great, but underpowered to be a mediacenter. If you want XBMC on it I would recommend Xbian.
+1

Don't expect too much from the rPI

I tried XBMC with both (rPI & MELE) (just browsing media etc..) and the Android version is much smoother on the MELE while browsing big media collections.

The rPI lags a lot with all distributions (CPU usage is around 70-80% even in Main Menu without interaction and without the scrolling RSS feed).
I tried this with local media db and remote media db (MySQL)

One big plus for the rPI is the HDMI CEC support !

Hope this would be possible with other ARM boxes.

Don't get me wrong, the PI is an amazing device with tons of applicaations and I'm really impressed by the progress XBMC makes there, but for me it is more than a proof-of-concept than a real media center.

I'm still waiting for a decent aml8726-m6 box with at least 1GB RAM to play with or some progress for the Allwinner chipsets :-)
My CX-01 Android stick has CEC support and I got it for $40 thanks to a coupon. No XBMC hardware decoder support for it yet it's just a tinker toy and for emulators, and the wifi sucks sooooo bad.

I think I've seen a few other Android boxes/sticks that have CEC too.
sorry for OT, but does CEC work with Android out of the box ?
(2012-08-29, 12:21)d1dd1 Wrote: sorry for OT, but does CEC work with Android out of the box ?

On the CX-01 it did. I haven't been able to test this directly myself, since I don't have a CEC TV, but there have been postings on other websites about people being able to use it in both the Android UI and XBMC.

Nothing extra to install. I think it needs to be enabled in the Android settings, but that's about it.
Yeah there is a menu setting in Android if support is there, however I tested out an amlogic 8726-m3 stick with my Samsung TV and it didn't work at all so I wouldn't count on everything just working right away.
http://cubieboard.org/
I assume this cubieboard is also an A10 board? And does the name come from Tom Cubie, an Allwinner employee?
This is the A10 thread. Of course this is an A10 board Big Grin
Yes, made by cubietech, a chinese team with Tom Cubie.
I very hope he can help the xbmc community to run xbmc on A10...
Seems nice for 49 dollars, especially because it has more DDR than mele and also GPIO pins
There isn't any audio out in the list but I can see something in the pcb but it can be a power in jack..
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15