• 62(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
I may consider this board as a RaspberryPi Version 2 if it has wifi built in. Mele A2000 still a better option on its price tag now. Still hoping XBMC on A10 come real, finger crossed ...
Looks like Allwinner will get some competition...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1LXnw2Rrxk&feature=plcp
(2012-09-02, 20:52)Nu7s Wrote: Looks like Allwinner will get some competition...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1LXnw2Rrxk&feature=plcp

Again based on the Rockchip 3066 dual core A9 with wuad core Mali400. Is the same RK3066 which I blogged about earlier;
http://www.j1nx.nl/rk3066-rockchip-dual-...0-mini-pc/

The STB looks nice, but just like with the stick. It will get hard to do anything XBMC-wise with it without some sources.
My head hurts a little...
I've just subscribed to this thread and j1nx's blog - really appreciate all the great info you guys put out there. Having just read through several weeks of updates at once though I'm left a little confused as to the actual current status - is the project dead or is there at least some glimmer of hope? It looks like the current status is Allwinner are going to (or have?) send the updates and maybe we haven't all wasted our money on MK802's or similar devices?

Many thanks
Ainol has been releasing Android 4.1 for all his tablets, incluiding Novo 7 basic, Aurora 2, etc the only ones that are not getting a 4.1 update are the A10 ones... mmmm i wonder if it has something to do with AllWinner and OpenMAX...
(2012-09-03, 03:48)MediaGeorge Wrote: My head hurts a little...
I've just subscribed to this thread and j1nx's blog - really appreciate all the great info you guys put out there. Having just read through several weeks of updates at once though I'm left a little confused as to the actual current status - is the project dead or is there at least some glimmer of hope? It looks like the current status is Allwinner are going to (or have?) send the updates and maybe we haven't all wasted our money on MK802's or similar devices?

Many thanks

In a nutshell: Allwinner promised new drivers and OpenMAX. They send the new drivers but they turned out to be the same. (Nobody is sure why, maybe miscommunication.) Allwinner apologized (and they were accepted by the XBMC team) and promised new ones. No more updates since, but in my opinion no news is good news. Let's give it time.

And buying a A10 device isn't a waste of money. They play perfect video with MX player and functionallity to launch an external player from XBMC android is underway. The devices can also be used for other projects like turning the A2000 into a NAS due to the SATA port.
(2012-09-03, 05:11)Shivansps Wrote: Ainol has been releasing Android 4.1 for all his tablets, incluiding Novo 7 basic, Aurora 2, etc the only ones that are not getting a 4.1 update are the A10 ones... mmmm i wonder if it has something to do with AllWinner and OpenMAX...

(edited) oeps read wrong

only the Amlogic based tablets, not A10..
Ainol Novo 7 Tornado
Ainol Novo 7 Mars
Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II
Ainol Novo 7 Elf II

I have the Ainol Novo 7 Elf, its my 5year old sons tablet, and even though xbmc doesnt work on it, its not dead in the water yet.

I mailed the support and ask why the A10 doesnt have 4.1.1 updates, they replied, that they havent recieved any feedback from allwinner, but will update everyone once they have more details.
I think Allwinner doesn’t have the workforce to manage or satisfy all the software requests.. they should just open the code and allow us to help. they will sell more if more is supported.
(2012-09-03, 09:16)Nu7s Wrote:
(2012-09-03, 03:48)MediaGeorge Wrote: My head hurts a little...

Many thanks

In a nutshell: Allwinner promised new drivers and OpenMAX. They send the new drivers but they turned out to be the same. (Nobody is sure why, maybe miscommunication.) Allwinner apologized (and they were accepted by the XBMC team) and promised new ones. No more updates since, but in my opinion no news is good news. Let's give it time.
And a while ago, gimli apparently recieved something else from Allwinner. From what I understand from here, IRC and j1nx, gimli has resumed work on the A10.
Been out of the loop for the last 4-6 weeks, so made an interesting read to follow up on. I'm sure there is a valid reason for the issues, but the pressure is now on Allwinner to resolve or at least help resolve the problems or they risk gaining a bad reputation and loosing out to other soc manufacturers.

I jumped ship to a zotac windows box because of the issues, but will be interesting to follow to see if anything comes of it.

Keep up the good work guys, hope you get some more help / support from Allwinner.
(2012-08-29, 10:24)d1dd1 Wrote: +1

Don't expect too much from the rPI

I tried XBMC with both (rPI & MELE) (just browsing media etc..) and the Android version is much smoother on the MELE while browsing big media collections.

The rPI lags a lot with all distributions (CPU usage is around 70-80% even in Main Menu without interaction and without the scrolling RSS feed).
I tried this with local media db and remote media db (MySQL)

One big plus for the rPI is the HDMI CEC support !

Hope this would be possible with other ARM boxes.

Don't get me wrong, the PI is an amazing device with tons of applicaations and I'm really impressed by the progress XBMC makes there, but for me it is more than a proof-of-concept than a real media center.

I'm still waiting for a decent aml8726-m6 box with at least 1GB RAM to play with or some progress for the Allwinner chipsets :-)

At lest we have smooth video playback on the PI Big Grin
and on the pivos box!
(2012-09-04, 08:46)Kweker Wrote: and on the pivos box!

If only I could buy one...
(2012-09-04, 09:44)Nu7s Wrote:

There are alternatives...
(2012-09-04, 11:52)j1nx Wrote:
(2012-09-04, 09:44)Nu7s Wrote:

There are alternatives...

I know, but I would like to support Pivos in the meantime.
Will they not ship to your country? How about a service like shipito?

If shipping is expensive consider combining an order with someone. For example, someone got one unit to Australia for US$41, I ordered two units for myself (to the same city) and it was US$50.

Not much can be done about taxes. Fortunately in Australia you can import up to the value of AUD$1000 before Customs collects tax and duty on your items.
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15