• 64(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
(2012-09-07, 09:09)d1dd1 Wrote: A lot of GPIO on the Cubieboard, media centre is not the only (and not the main) application for embedded boards.

A great board for a great price, but (currently) unusable for XBMC.
+1 (want one)
(2012-09-07, 09:09)d1dd1 Wrote: A lot of GPIO on the Cubieboard, media centre is not the only (and not the main) application for embedded boards.

But you know in which forum youe are in ? Big Grin
But you know you are the only one who can save us Smile ?

At least, TEASE US if there are some news Big Grin !
What about the Lima driver ? Any one got this driver to work and have xbmc do the hardware acceleration??
(2012-09-08, 02:59)explr Wrote: What about the Lima driver ? Any one got this driver to work and have xbmc do the hardware acceleration??

No no and no. It dosnt work like that, check previous posts. Your question has been awnserd atleast 10 times already
Gimli, have you recieved any new files in the meantime?
Guys I switched to a cheap zotac windows box and haven't looked back since. I know they are much more expensive than a10 devices but they just work, the windows version of xbmc is fantastic

Allwinner haven't played ball with the community after months and months, so it's unlikely they will now. I think they have shot themselves in the foot a bit in terms of their reputation as I know I won't trust and future allwinner based products and i'm guessing that other might feel the same way.

I think the xbmc team tried hard to get this working but then struggled due to lack of support from Allwinner, and now there are other cheap devices out there that work, pivios etc, then maybe it's time to close the thread.

For me the future of my mele / allwinner box is to be used as a web / FTP server so all is not lost.

(2012-09-10, 12:15)Ribuck Wrote: I think the xbmc team tried hard to get this working but then struggled due to lack of support from Allwinner, and now there are other cheap devices out there that work, pivios etc, then maybe it's time to close the thread.

You should have learned not to make wild statements without knowing the facts. If you have no interest in the A10, stay away from this thread.
(2012-09-10, 12:58)Nu7s Wrote:
(2012-09-10, 12:15)Ribuck Wrote: I think the xbmc team tried hard to get this working but then struggled due to lack of support from Allwinner, and now there are other cheap devices out there that work, pivios etc, then maybe it's time to close the thread.

You should have learned not to make wild statements without knowing the facts. If you have no interest in the A10, stay away from this thread.
+1
There's no need in making statements based on assumptions. I think there is only one person who can really give a correct status and it's Gimli. I think as long as we don't hear anything from gimli that we should just wait. No news means no good news, but also no bad news. Let's give the time to the developers that they need.

When children are constantly asking in the car "are we there yet" it will not make the car go any faster... on the contrary it will only annoy the driver.
(2012-09-10, 12:58)Nu7s Wrote:

+1
Just a heads up, Mele _HTPC_120907_Ver1.2.rar is up since yesterday:
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=...3610159878

Download is too slow for me and I can't load the link into my NAS.
I grabbed Mele _HTPC_120907_Ver1.2.rar (copy on my mirror) but not sure I will stay here. I can't find Google market, only Himarket on it etc. Seems like a step backwards.
"are we there yet ?"
(2012-09-11, 03:43)davilla Wrote: "are we there yet ?"

not sure yet... only gimli knows how far we have reached.. Tongue
(2012-09-11, 03:33)lundman Wrote: I grabbed Mele _HTPC_120907_Ver1.2.rar (copy on my mirror) but not sure I will stay here. I can't find Google market, only Himarket on it etc. Seems like a step backwards.

Would this work for market?
http://allwinner-cm9.googlecode.com/file...signed.zip

Btw, is it rooted? Or do you know a way to root?
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15