• 67(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
Gimli gimli give it to us!
Pleaseeeeeeeeee
https://github.com/empatzero/xbmca10 cant be distributed as binary. It would vialoate the GPL.
Is that for linux or android?
linux
nevermind, works on gcc4.5
Is the previous development the result of coöperation with Allwinner or through reverse-engineering?
It can be compiled yet? im getting a collect error after a while of making xbmc.bin, and all the other parts are compiled so...
Im gona try again.

BTW, the makefile in tools/a10/depends/ is missing a mkdir for the tarballs folder. And it also fails if you already run it once with "folder not empty" errors.

OK recompiled and it worked this time, no idea of why,, it takes more than 2 hours to compile.

I give it a try, it starts 720p and i cant change it, the UI runs very slow(10fps), the CPU is always at 80%+ so i guess is the software rendering bug...
As for video playback is either not running in cedar or software 3D rendering is making them run very slow.

So it feels to me that Mele/A10 is probably not going to liveup to my xbmc needs, I was looking at the ODROID-X, which look like a fun board. Android 4.1 added multichannel support, so that should eventually click together. Anyone else got one of these?

(2012-09-25, 08:00)lundman Wrote: So it feels to me that Mele/A10 is probably not going to liveup to my xbmc needs, I was looking at the ODROID-X, which look like a fun board. Android 4.1 added multichannel support, so that should eventually click together. Anyone else got one of these?

Not me, to expensive for my small pockets Wink
(2012-09-25, 08:00)lundman Wrote: So it feels to me that Mele/A10 is probably not going to liveup to my xbmc needs, I was looking at the ODROID-X, which look like a fun board. Android 4.1 added multichannel support, so that should eventually click together. Anyone else got one of these?

Its a bug, well, several bugs, even the android version works better, at least the Hardware GLES works well in Android.
(2012-09-25, 08:12)gimli Wrote: Not me, to expensive for my small pockets Wink

What would happen if you were to get one of these for free? Do you think this is a board that has a future (open enough, powerful enough), and are you personally interested in it?

I'm unsure myself, mostly burnt out as the A10 closeness did ruin many of my dev ideas, to the point where it just isn't worth investing my own time into it (there are other 'paying contracts' after all).

Are you looking at anything specific yourself, since whatever you pick, will most likely be the platform to go with.

Lund
(2012-09-25, 10:06)lundman Wrote:
(2012-09-25, 08:12)gimli Wrote: Not me, to expensive for my small pockets Wink

What would happen if you were to get one of these for free? Do you think this is a board that has a future (open enough, powerful enough), and are you personally interested in it?

I'm unsure myself, mostly burnt out as the A10 closeness did ruin many of my dev ideas, to the point where it just isn't worth investing my own time into it (there are other 'paying contracts' after all).

Are you looking at anything specific yourself, since whatever you pick, will most likely be the platform to go with.

Lund

I would for sure try to develop for it Wink
So, how dead is Allwinner A10 linux development for xbmc?
Well empatzero build is a proof of concept only,(i think this is the lib that gimli rejected) i give it a go and well... it performs much better killing x11, but UI fps at 720P is around 40fps and 18-20fps at 1080P, considering the low idle cpu usage that has be running on hardware, im not sure if that what we have to expect from an Mali-400 single core.
Still, the UI feels good anyway.

On playback... well, i was unable to playback anything on Cedar, the cedar lib for linux does not support most of the formats and codecs, for example, it supports .avi h.264, but not .mkv h.264, i think .avi h.264 is the only thing it supports right now.
BUT, i was unable to playback .avi h.264 too, everytime that i try to open a file that Cedar accepts XBMC crash with a "Decoder(number):5", thats what says in the log too, everytime that xbmc opens "A10", it crash, it can only playback the ones that "A10" fails, so it switch back to software decoder.
Im not sure if it was supposed to work or i did something wrong...

And about software decoder, it performs very well, it can playback all my 720P episodes, to give you an idea, the "Big Buck Bunny" 720P trailer file playbacks with about 80% cpu usage, i now those are low bitrate, but still very good to be running on software.

What is making it unusable 720 right now is the screen tearing i have no idea how to fix, when i start to playback something the screen "vibrates" up and down...
gimli

Digging deeper into the DROID-X board, it appears the kernel sources are available:

https://github.com/hardkernel/linux

and where I need to fiddle to add bitstreaming audio on HDMI is *probably* around here:

https://github.com/hardkernel/linux/tree...edia/video

The 3D is MALI as per A10, so I guess you already know the issues there, the video processing using appears to be a Samsung MFC, to which the sources appears to be here:

https://bitbucket.org/gokhanmoral/siyahk...ung/mfc5x/

How does that look for possible hardware for XBMC?

• 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15