• 71(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
Cool about the wandaboard. This will be a better platform than the Allwinner. working on a hw design for my employer too using this CPU so community boards in addition are nice!

There's also lots of interesting related information around another developer/evalutation board on this site:
http://boundarydevices.com/latest-freesc...ntu-i-mx6/
The thread of the board: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142033
Maybe it should be renamed to i.MX6 boards..
(2012-10-08, 10:39)j1nx Wrote:
(2012-10-06, 15:16)pszab Wrote: What about i.MX6? Support for hw acc?

Would be cool considerring the Wandboard is coming soon (http://www.wandboard.org/)

It has a VPU capable of 1080p decoding and encoding, but I have never looked into the libraries or possible XBMC implementations as of yet.

Maybe we should have a look soon Rofl
100% YES! Hopefully won't be long before someone designs a nice enclosure for it.
Wandboard is nice.... but no sata and dual-lite processor means similar performances to a10 for GPU and worse for VPU..... Interesting only if it has decent linux drivers from start.
... any news on the mele front?

I'm a noob when it comes to software developing, so it's hard for me to read between the lines.

So, should I still be hoping for XBMC on the mele?

Edit: I accidentally a word
(2012-10-10, 14:21)hansarsch Wrote: ... any news on the mele front?

I'm a noob when it comes to software developing, so it's hard for me to read between the lines.

So, should I still be hoping XBMC on the mele?

yeah the thread seems to go off topic a lot and it's hard to see the true status.

Who is working on this?
Is the work-in-progress released or is all this happening behind closed doors? (where noone else can help contribute)

(2012-10-10, 16:22)Vaevictus2 Wrote: Who is working on this?
Is the work-in-progress released or is all this happening behind closed doors? (where noone else can help contribute)

ATM there are 3 projects:
- you can find kernel searching github for amery,
- you can find xbmc port (needing closed sources allwinner lib) searching github for empatzero,
- and still there's the hope that Gimli sooner or later will receive some kind of support from chinese guys of allwinner for an open source implementation of the multimedia library.

even if there are some good results, still empatzero work is not in good state: mpeg4 support is not there at all, and you can choose between slower software overlays and still buggy hardware ones
(go go! keep up the good work please!).
1 thing, Boxchip F10 is the same than AllWinner A10? to my knowlodge Boxchip A10 is the same as AllWinner A10, but what about F10? there are a few very cheap things with those cpus...
(2012-10-11, 05:22)Shivansps Wrote: 1 thing, Boxchip F10 is the same than AllWinner A10? to my knowlodge Boxchip A10 is the same as AllWinner A10, but what about F10? there are a few very cheap things with those cpus...

The Boxchip F10 and F20 were precursors to the A10, they are not the same chip. Boxchip/Sochip is another name AllWinner goes by.

The F10/F20 is a dead end.
I just tested the latest xbmca10 and it's working really well now. I have tested few 1080p videos under 720p mode and most of the time FPS remained constant at #24 except few videos where I feel some frames were dropped. Overall, it seems almost there...

EDIT: Check the video being played on my TV...

Thanks empatzero for the great work (and shivansps, who contributed some patches).
nah, empatzero did everything, i just did a few trial and error tests trying to figure out whats wrong with the other codecs, H264 playback was working ok since day 1, except for m2ts.
Is there any build instructions yet? tried to build this on my mk802 running th miniand image, but keep getting errors running the configure script.
Well configure errors its because of missing dev packages for building xbmc, google will easily fix that for you.

as for building xbmca10...

1) create a "tarballs" folder in the home\user folder
2) go to xbmca10\tools\a10\dependeces\ and sudo make
3) go to xbmca10\tools\a10\dependeces\libmad\ and sudo make
4) go to xbmca10\tools\a10\dependeces\xbmc\ and sudo make
5) go to xbmca10 and sudo make install

thats what i do.
The easiest way to build xbmca10 is on miniand lubuntu as explained by Shivansps. But the build process is extremely slow. You can try cross-compiling on your more powerful PC running ubuntu 12.04 (at least). It's not hard but surely you need some knowledge of Linux build systems.

1. on miniand (mk802 device runing miniand lubuntu) install xbmc build dependencies

Code:
> apt-get build-dep xbmc
> apt-get install libmysqlclient-dev

2. shutdown miniand and copy root file system on your PC

Code:
> mkdir -p ~/mk802/{rootfs,tarballs}
> cd ~/mk802
> cp -r /media/<sdcard root partition>/* rootfs/
> sudo ln -s ~/mk802/rootfs/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi /lib/arm-linux-gnueabi
> sudo ln -s ~/mk802/rootfs/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabi
> sudo ln -s ~/mk802/rootfs/usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabi /usr/include/arm-linux-gnueabi

3. install arm cross-compiler

Code:
>  sudo apt-get install gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi

4. get the source

Code:
> cd ~/mk802
> git clone git://github.com/empatzero/xbmca10.git

5. adjust dir paths in tools/a10/depends/depends.mk

Code:
TARBALLS=$(HOME)/mk802/tarballs
SDKSTAGE=$(HOME)/mk802/rootfs

6. build xbmc10

Code:
> cd ~/mk802/xbmca10/tools/a10/depends
> export PATH=$PATH:~/mk802/rootfs/usr/bin:~/mk802/rootfs/usr/local/bin     (required to have correct mysql_config in your path)
> make && make -C xbmc

You may see errors if some build tools are missing. As my PC has most of the build tools already installed, the build goes without any issue. Try searching for appropriate package and install them.

7. build deb package

Code:
> cd ~/mk802/xbmca10/
> sudo make install
> cd ~/mk802/xbmca10/tools/a10/depends/package
> make

The generated xbmca10.deb should be installed on your miniand lubuntu like this:

Code:
> sudo apt-get install gdebi
> sudo gdebi xbmca10.deb

8. Edit /etc/environment and append a line (mk802)

Code:
A10HWR=1

9. Reboot lubuntu and from terminal run

Code:
> sudo start xbmc

That's it.

There is no way to quit xbmc and bring back the lubuntu desktop. You should connect to your device with ssh to stop it or just remove the power.

EDIT: I don't know why mysql dependency is there, you can try configuring with --disable-mysql option (tools/a10/depends/xbmc/Makefile)

Enjoy!
Can someone recommend me an image for the Mele A1000? I'm trying to get xbmc running on the MK802 miniand image but after installing and rebooting the box seems dead.
  • 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15