• 77(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
(2012-10-29, 14:42)poo706 Wrote:
(2012-10-29, 14:18)Vaevictus2 Wrote: I found a very nice page on building xbmc natively on the Mele a2000

http://linux-sunxi.org/XBMC

I've spent some time on that page! I got extremely stuck on the very first step of creating the armel system from the rhombus-tech link. This page was created before the armhf cedar libs, has it been updated to build armhf xbmc?

[poo]

Yeah right. It has to be updated. Some things have change due to armhf. I wrote down some hints on the discussion site. But rhombus wiki should be ok for armhf, too. With a few changes, of course. In the meantime i managed to compile the whole thing cross and not native. Much more faster.....
rellla
well i've finally got the armhf deb file installed.

I had some problems after that as xbmc.bin was complaining that there was some microhttpd so files missing which apt-get could not resolve, I had to manually download debs from launchpad and install them myself.

after installing these, I get this:

linaro@linaro-alip:/allwinner/xbmc-pvr-binhf/lib/xbmc$ pwd
/allwinner/xbmc-pvr-binhf/lib/xbmc
linaro@linaro-alip:/allwinner/xbmc-pvr-binhf/lib/xbmc$ ./xbmc.bin
can not open /dev/disp (errno=13)!
UMP: ump_arch_open() failed to open UMP device driver
ERROR: Unable to create GUI. Exiting
Segmentation fault

if I sudo sudo ./xbmc.bin its slightly different:
linaro@linaro-alip:/allwinner/xbmc-pvr-binhf/lib/xbmc$ sudo ./xbmc.bin
ERROR: Unable to create GUI. Exiting

Any ideas anyone?

//edit here is end of crash log
13:37:26 T:1099354656 DEBUG: Failed to connect to LIRC. Retry in 10s.
13:37:26 T:1099354656 DEBUG: Selected UDisks as storage provider
13:37:26 T:1099354656 DEBUG: UDisks: DaemonVersion 1
13:37:26 T:1099354656 DEBUG: UDisks: Querying available devices
13:37:26 T:1099354656 INFO: UDisks: Added /media/D8B3-36C0
13:37:26 T:1099354656 ERROR: EGL failed to initialize
13:37:26 T:1099354656 FATAL: CApplication::Create: Unable to init windowing system
13:37:26 T:109935465e DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnClear fro$

Guys
i have this error
Error: could not find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig

where do i found/install the drivers for the display?
did you reboot and modprobe after install?

also - did the .asoundrc fix your sound problem?
(2012-10-29, 16:08)Vaevictus2 Wrote: did you reboot and modprobe after install?

also - did the .asoundrc fix your sound problem?

the sound is working now thank you
modprobe? i dont know how to do it

Thanks
I did not follow the a10 so I would like to ask that happened any interesting in the last few months?
Is the hw acceleration working yet?
(2012-10-29, 17:37)pszab Wrote: I did not follow the a10 so I would like to ask that happened any interesting in the last few months?

From what I gather from poking my head in here every so often, some hardware playback has been achieved using closed source binaries. This is all being done by the community and isn't something that Team XBMC is involving themselves with, since it's violating the GPL and would be illegal for us to distribute binaries of.
Hi,

I have a gooseberry and reading this forum post is really helpful. I have downloaded and successfully booted the miniand lubuntu image 512mb but it is slow as hell. Is this a problem of the only 512mb on the gooseberry? Also is there already an up to date guide how to run or compile xbmc with hardware decoding?
(2012-10-29, 17:47)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2012-10-29, 17:37)pszab Wrote: I did not follow the a10 so I would like to ask that happened any interesting in the last few months?

From what I gather from poking my head in here every so often, some hardware playback has been achieved using closed source binaries. This is all being done by the community and isn't something that Team XBMC is involving themselves with, since it's violating the GPL and would be illegal for us to distribute binaries of.

True, but its verry unlikely that anyone will get in any problems from distributing the binaries as allwinner don't even care about A10 anymore.
But still as xbmc is released under the GPL license they can't include this.
Guys
here what i tried today:
i have installed linaro on the mk802 and here what i did:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc
and it did install xbmc without compiling anything the only thing is i got this error when i try to run it
Error: could not find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig
so i think i need to install the driver manually but i dont know which is the driver for the graphic and how to install it manually
Any ideas?
if you are doing apt-get install xbmc you are not pulling the xbmc that has had modifications done to get it working on the a10 platform.

At this point you need to compile it on your own from the empatzero github repository.
(2012-10-29, 21:13)Vaevictus2 Wrote: if you are doing apt-get install xbmc you are not pulling the xbmc that has had modifications done to get it working on the a10 platform.

At this point you need to compile it on your own from the empatzero github repository.

yes you're right, but if you have lubuntu image and you do apt-get install xbmc, it will not install it because the dep. are not compatible, but on linaro it did install it so maybe we can access the xbmc config file and point it the right driver manually, is it possible?
rfreiha
no dude - you have to use empatzero's xbmc for now Smile it's not so simple as a config file, there are all sorts of custom code and modules that empatzero provides.
I've been following this thread day one and have read all 116 pages, but i've got some of the facts mixed up along the way.

I thought that getting the licencing for the required files from Allwinner was 'back on track'? If not, does this spell the end of an official A10 version?

Apologies if this has already been spelt out somewhere.
(2012-10-29, 21:31)Vaevictus2 Wrote: no dude - you have to use empatzero's xbmc for now Smile it's not so simple as a config file, there are all sorts of custom code and modules that empatzero provides.

sounds good, i will be compiling it this night directly on the mk802, i will upload the deb file once i have
rfreiha
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15