• 89(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
I'm not really sure where to post this, I wrote the utility so that I could run my cross-compiled XBMC on a Mele A2000 with composite video output. Hence posting back on the thread that got me building...

I've written a command line utility that allows configuration of the sun4i display controller to output to Component / VGA / HDMI / Composite / S-Video / possibly LCD.
It will also set up a second frame buffer on a second output (HDMI and Composite in my case).

http://www2.artaylor.co.uk/allwinner/disp_setup.c
Build with:
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -o disp_setup -I<path to A10 kernel>/include/ disp_setup.c

For configurations other than the defaults I've used, consult "drv_display_sun4i.h" for the values you can supply.

I'm not far enough up the learning curve to integrate this into the OpenELEC / xbmc UI yet!
Are there any dd-images for mele a2000 v1.7 with this build? I know what changes I should do with this image, but somehow it hoesn't work.
I can't get 1024Mb of RAM visible.
Code:
root@hackberry:~# grep MemTotal /proc/meminfo
MemTotal:         315336 kB
root@hackberry:~#
I have copied script.bin with correct RAM side (I have checked with bin2fex), but I still see only 315MB.
Did I missed something ?
(2012-11-21, 14:05)FreddyAV Wrote: If I change the script.bin in servili007's image to the one found in the t4 build found here: https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/de...rmhf-build the following happens:

I get 1024 Mb RAM detected instead of 512 Mb and lsusb lists my inbuilt Wifi. I didn't manage to connect (some silly mistake probably) but I could scan so I know it is working.

I also compiled a Linaro ALIP image from scratch using instructions from here: http://www.cnx-software.com/2012/06/13/h...4-sd-card/ where I used the script.bin from my device (/dev/block/nanda under Android). This image is barely usable (superslow) as compared to the other linaro I tried. Difference? My own seems to detect only 512Mb RAM whereas the other one sees the whole 1Gb. I'm wondering wheter this could also be the reason for my results earlier benchmarking the movies in XBMC?

You need the correct uboot for your device to recognise 512Mb instead of 1024.
servili007, firstly, thanks for your work.

Tested this on my MK805 (MiniX). Device boots fine and XBMC seems to work. The problem is that there's flickering terminal showing login input which grabs all the input (so I cannot control xbmc itself). Any ideas on this?
servili007: Any release update is coming soon? Smile
(2012-11-23, 07:57)xyzz Wrote: servili007, firstly, thanks for your work.

Tested this on my MK805 (MiniX). Device boots fine and XBMC seems to work. The problem is that there's flickering terminal showing login input which grabs all the input (so I cannot control xbmc itself). Any ideas on this?

I've had the same problem. Tried to make back-up of all tty files, and then delete them, as suggested few posts back, but with no success. Also, tried to install lirc, but it gets to setting up setservice, and then just freeze there. I'm now trying to use xbmc build from this image on linaro alip armhf, but have to solve dependencies issues. On linaro, I was able to install lirc, although I haven't tried to set it up yet. After I finish, I'll post my results.

P.S. I switched to this build of linaro, mainly because it has most drivers included and working (had some trouble on other distros with bluetooth mouse/keyboard)
I've compiled an updated build based on commits as of yesterday, link to tar file containing the allwinner directory. Untar to replace the allwinner directory on your existing existing image (assuming its based on the hackberry one). There aren't any major changes in this build, mainly merges from the xbmc mainline branch.
mxt512: What kind of changes gives us this update? Could you explain more about it? I am updateing it with WinSCP by replacing files.
(2012-11-24, 14:48)jtermors Wrote: mxt512: What kind of changes gives us this update? Could you explain more about it? I am updateing it with WinSCP by replacing files.

A higher version number Tongue
well empatzero (is that not you gimlii) just checked in 4 hours ago

FIXED MPEG4 CODECS: FLV1, WMV2, DIVX4, DIVX4, DIVX5, XVID.
(2012-11-25, 01:45)Vaevictus2 Wrote: well empatzero (is that not you gimlii) just checked in 4 hours ago

Nope.
(2012-11-25, 01:45)Vaevictus2 Wrote: well empatzero (is that not you gimlii) just checked in 4 hours ago

Time for another build...
j1nx has just posted some useful info about gimli and empatzero's efforts to get xbmc running on allwinner. He hass also uploaded images / build instructions

http://j1nx.nl
(2012-11-17, 23:39)servili007 Wrote: Oval Elephant Hard-Float XBMC Preview Build v01

I've tried your build in Smallart U-Host, but the USB mouse and keyboard do not seem to work. Do I need to configure something to make them work?
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15