• 91(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
Ok, i will try it. Thanks.
upnp don't work. If i try to play upnp XBMC is rebooting.
CD do not work too. If i try to play CD XBMC is rebooting.
Is this error image, or i do something wrong?
Hey there!

On my MK802 v2 i was able to get wifi with wpa_supplicant working, using the script bin from the miniand-image linaro-alip-armhf-t4.img (available here).

But the next problem appeared, no matter which script.bin i am using, i only get ~350MB memory working. I tried different uImages, but can not get any of them to work. I also searched for a guide howto modify the uImage/uboot but not really successfull.

Can anybody give another hint how to modify for usage of 1024mb?

Thanks in advance!
(2012-12-02, 15:16)CreaB Wrote: Hey there!

On my MK802 v2 i was able to get wifi with wpa_supplicant working, using the script bin from the miniand-image linaro-alip-armhf-t4.img (available here).

But the next problem appeared, no matter which script.bin i am using, i only get ~350MB memory working. I tried different uImages, but can not get any of them to work. I also searched for a guide howto modify the uImage/uboot but not really successfull.

Can anybody give another hint how to modify for usage of 1024mb?

Thanks in advance!

You need to create or find a valid uboot for your MK802, memory settings are done there.
More A10/GK802/I.MX6 stuff on my blog
Seems like Allwinner lost their opportunity. And others (Odroid and even Rockchip devices) are overtaking left and right. I would still love to have a decent Linux&XBMC image for my MK802+.
So at the moment, what is the one to try out?
The latest "Frodo" version of XBMC claims to be working with MK802 ... anyone tried and can report findings?
Please and Thanks!
(2012-12-03, 19:15)Mixx Wrote: Seems like Allwinner lost their opportunity. And others (Odroid and even Rockchip devices) are overtaking left and right. I would still love to have a decent Linux&XBMC image for my MK802+.

I like the Odroid devices. Very tempting.
(2012-12-04, 07:30)Reed Solomon Wrote:
(2012-12-03, 19:15)Mixx Wrote: Seems like Allwinner lost their opportunity. And others (Odroid and even Rockchip devices) are overtaking left and right. I would still love to have a decent Linux&XBMC image for my MK802+.

I like the Odroid devices. Very tempting.

When the Odroid is getting proper mali drivers for linux, it is more interesting than that A10 crap. Allwinner is a Android company and not able to think outside the box.
yup - that odroid-u2 is very tempting indeed - I've been finger on the buy button for a day or two now...
(2012-12-04, 15:58)Katch Wrote: yup - that odroid-u2 is very tempting indeed - I've been finger on the buy button for a day or two now...

Me too, but when i think about the Taxes in Austria ....... Seems to expensive for me at the moment.
(2012-12-04, 16:00)gimli Wrote:
(2012-12-04, 15:58)Katch Wrote: yup - that odroid-u2 is very tempting indeed - I've been finger on the buy button for a day or two now...

Me too, but when i think about the Taxes in Austria ....... Seems to expensive for me at the moment.

Same to me, because of the $40,- shipping by EMS, I know for sure I can pay import duty and VAT here in Holland. So the board+power+uart+eMMC+Shipping+VAT+Import Duty < "click buy now" Angry
(2012-12-04, 10:52)gimli Wrote: When the Odroid is getting proper mali drivers for linux, it is more interesting than that A10 crap. Allwinner is a Android company and not able to think outside the box.
They're probably just like my former boss, his exact words "money, money, money, I only care about money, bring me money".
Such an ignorant company, this only bring people to the conclusion that Allwinner == s***.
I wish this CedarX stuff would just work, the A13-OLinuXino and upcoming A10-OLinuXino looks quite nice boards to play with.
I decided to the buy button on odroid-u2. Will be interesting to see what its like.
what extras did you buy?

I think the only thing holding me back is that it is still an unknown quantity - I'd like to see some more results before springing for one - that and the ouya is just around the corner.

By the time you have the odroid-u2 with all the extra bits you could have an ouya with 2 controllers...
(2012-12-04, 22:43)Katch Wrote: what extras did you buy?

I think the only thing holding me back is that it is still an unknown quantity - I'd like to see some more results before springing for one - that and the ouya is just around the corner.

By the time you have the odroid-u2 with all the extra bits you could have an ouya with 2 controllers...

Didn't get any extra's, I'll get those bits myself, may have some laying around already. My requirements might be a bit different to yours. I want to hide it behind the tv, might even see if I can squeeze it behind a wall mounted tv. Cant do that with a ouya.

Will be making use of tablets/phones to control it.
I'm wondering if the usb port can be used on my tv to power it, would obviously turn on with the tv then.
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15