• 94(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
Does anyone of you know if there is an ARM based device, preferably an USB stick sized one, that runs XBMC and Linux with HW Accel? I have bought this wonderful Gooseberry and can't make any good use of it, thanks to Allwinner and their bad company policy a.k.a. closed source!!!!

Regards,
r0k
(2012-12-15, 22:43)Rok1337 Wrote: Does anyone of you know if there is an ARM based device, preferably an USB stick sized one, that runs XBMC and Linux with HW Accel? I have bought this wonderful Gooseberry and can't make any good use of it, thanks to Allwinner and their bad company policy a.k.a. closed source!!!!

Regards,
r0k

There is the XOIS DS but is performance is lackluster IMO. There will be kit that will do native hw acceleration in the next 6 months but it's frustrating having to wait. There is always the fitpc of you can't wait
(2012-12-15, 23:59)starkers Wrote:
(2012-12-15, 22:43)Rok1337 Wrote: Does anyone of you know if there is an ARM based device, preferably an USB stick sized one, that runs XBMC and Linux with HW Accel? I have bought this wonderful Gooseberry and can't make any good use of it, thanks to Allwinner and their bad company policy a.k.a. closed source!!!!

Regards,
r0k

There is the XOIS DS but is performance is lackluster IMO. There will be kit that will do native hw acceleration in the next 6 months but it's frustrating having to wait. There is always the fitpc of you can't wait

Pivos Xios DS, flashed with the linux build is outclassing the Allwinner A10 SoC at every front ! The latest M3 version will even kick his a$$ so hard you have to hang it on his power cable because it can not sit next to your TV anymore. Tongue
(2012-12-18, 13:58)j1nx Wrote: Pivos Xios DS, flashed with the linux build is outclassing the Allwinner A10 SoC at every front ! The latest M3 version will even kick his a$$ so hard you have to hang it on his power cable because it can not sit next to your TV anymore. Tongue

J1nx mate, have you been able to install Pivos Linux on generic AMLOGIC M3 device?
I have 1 here, but I am afraid to brick it. It is exactly the same device as Pivos M3, but I read at their forums M3 Linux simply wont work.
Why? It was working before, but now they've made it not to work.

I also have allwinner a10, like it because of Ubuntu, but xbmc works very bad.
So, is there a way/chance to install Ubuntu linaro on AMLOGIC devices?
@Djape,

Which board is it using? There are so many M3 models out there, none of them using the same product.board name.
I would guess at 'our firmware won't work on other boxes' as being FUD - The way these boxes work the worst you could do is softbrick - so long as you have an SD card slot and an original firmware you'll be able to roll back to your box's stock firmware.

My gut is that any M3 box whose board rolled out the same factory doors as the Pivos will work with Pivos firmware just as was true of the M1 box. It makes sense that Pivos would like to make people scared to buy other boxes/try their firmware on other devices.

This is just my guess but if I had an off-brand M3 box that looked identical to the Pivos (like the MyGica EnjoyTV 510b), I would have already tried to flash it with Pivos firmware.
(2012-12-18, 14:29)j1nx Wrote: @Djape,

Which board is it using? There are so many M3 models out there, none of them using the same product.board name.

Geniatech EnjoyTV 510b and 310b but both wont load Pivos Linux even though hardware is identical.
Guys, the sources are just out there! If it is really the exact same hardware, read-out out the board.product code as I asked earlier. Change the sources and compile and run.

Otherwise you donate me one of those boxes and I will do it for you Wink
(2012-12-18, 15:37)j1nx Wrote: Guys, the sources are just out there! If it is really the exact same hardware, read-out out the board.product code as I asked earlier. Change the sources and compile and run.

Easier said than done Laugh

how to read-out board.product? where to change. in what file particularly? Big Grin

P.S. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't want to donate the box, I simply can't afford it :/
the easiest thing (although not fail prove) to do is to go to the settings page in Android, my device or something...
(2012-12-18, 16:18)j1nx Wrote: the easiest thing (although not fail prove) to do is to go to the settings page in Android, my device or something...

Says "M3 Enjoy TV Box" and I am not enjoying it with Android at all Laugh
Do you have a link to a firmware file for updating?
(2012-12-18, 17:15)j1nx Wrote: Do you have a link to a firmware file for updating?

Yes, here it is
SPI

Cheers mate.
Quote:assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "stvmc" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "stvmc");

There you go!
Thx dude Smile

Very kind of you.
I know how to build, but I don't have a clue where to insert this code.
  • 94(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15