• 100(current)
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
From someone commenting on my blog the image should work out of the box with mele a2000 (http://hackbmc.blogspot.it/2013/05/hackb...n-002.html).
You can try to ping him to know if he applied some modifications to my image.
I'm also using the libhybris xbmc build on my Mele A1000. The files seem to play fine, but the colors are messed up. It's all pink/light blue. Anyone has a clue what could be causing this? I can't find anything on google about the same problems.
hi Rellla

EDIT2:
At least, I got XBMC compiled.
And it seems to work very good. A10 hw acceleration is used, streaming works and the picture-quality via HDMI is absolutely ok.
No fancy colours or something.
Great, this brings (this otherwise useless piece of c***), back to life!

I am trying to native compile the XBMC from your repo, using this step by step manual: http://linux-sunxi.org/XBMC
EDIT1: Cross-compiling stops at the same point...Cr*p.
Help needed.
Compiler throws the following errors:
Any ideas?
Code:
make[2]: Entering directory `/root/melehacking/xbmca10/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Overlay'
CPP     xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Overlay/DVDOverlayCodecCC.o
DVDOverlayCodecCC.cpp:37:8: error: ‘cc_decoder_t’ does not name a type
DVDOverlayCodecCC.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool CDVDOverlayCodecCC::Open(CDVDStreamInfo&, CDVDCodecOptions&)’:
DVDOverlayCodecCC.cpp:41:19: error: ‘cc_decoder_init’ was not declared in this scope
DVDOverlayCodecCC.cpp:42:3: error: ‘m_cc_decoder’ was not declared in this scope
DVDOverlayCodecCC.cpp:42:34: error: ‘cc_decoder_open’ was not declared in this scope
DVDOverlayCodecCC.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void CDVDOverlayCodecCC::Dispose()’:
DVDOverlayCodecCC.cpp:49:7: error: ‘m_cc_decoder’ was not declared in this scope
DVDOverlayCodecCC.cpp:49:50: error: ‘cc_decoder_close’ was not declared in this scope
DVDOverlayCodecCC.cpp:50:3: error: ‘m_cc_decoder’ was not declared in this scope
DVDOverlayCodecCC.cpp: In member function ‘virtual int CDVDOverlayCodecCC::Decode(DemuxPacket*)’:
DVDOverlayCodecCC.cpp:67:13: error: ‘m_cc_decoder’ was not declared in this scope
DVDOverlayCodecCC.cpp:67:39: error: ‘decode_cc’ was not declared in this scope
DVDOverlayCodecCC.cpp:74:5: error: ‘cc_buffer_t’ was not declared in this scope
DVDOverlayCodecCC.cpp:74:18: error: ‘data’ was not declared in this scope
DVDOverlayCodecCC.cpp:75:25: error: ‘CC_ROWS’ was not declared in this scope
DVDOverlayCodecCC.cpp:79:23: error: ‘CC_COLUMNS’ was not declared in this scope
DVDOverlayCodecCC.cpp:80:9: error: ‘row_text’ was not declared in this scope
/root/melehacking/xbmca10/xbmc/utils/CharsetConverter.h: At global scope:
/root/melehacking/xbmca10/xbmc/utils/CharsetConverter.h:83:1: warning: ‘g_charsetConverter’ defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
make[2]: *** [DVDOverlayCodecCC.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/melehacking/xbmca10/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Overlay'
make[1]: *** [xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDCodecs/Overlay/Overlay.a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/melehacking/xbmca10'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Hi vel2000,
can you tell us, how you fixed the compile error?
Cheers rellla
well, it was my fault.
I "git-cloned" the repo on my root-server in Germany, because my local connection here in Asia, was extremely slow (20KB/s)
When finished, I zipped and I dl'ed the git from my root-server onto my local PC.
Unzipped it, and looked into some make files.
Then I messed up one file, because another window stole the focus and I typed something into the wrong window.....Sad
So the repo is ok (for cross compiling).
Didn't test native compiling after that.
Great work, thanks
I found a solution for my problem. Yesterday I reinstalled the whole bunch and eventually it started working for no obvious reason. Today I tried again and the colors were messed up. When I restart xbmc after the box has booted it works fine (killall -9 xbmc.bin), otherwise I get the messed up colors. I have no clue why that happens but this workaround seems to work so.
I know from another source, that it works after a restart. This smells like some wrong initialization. Sadly i miss the skill to find out the reason. Maybe anyone can take a look into the source and give us some hint, what could be wrong...
rellla
I found another minor issue.
When I close/kill XBMC, the last Video frame or the XBMC-Gui, remains on the screen.
Means, I can't see the Desktop. The screen is not been redrawn somehow.
So I have to switch to a console (ctrl+Alt+F2) and then back (ctrl+Alt+F7), to see the Desktop.
But mostly, the colours of the Desktop icons or programs, are messed up or inverted after that.
(e.g. Background from context menus switch from usual white to black, etc..)
Well, after some tinkering with XBMC on the A10, I found out, that it is useless for RTMP streaming.
I compiled librtmp with the KSV patches for the A10 and it works with the "Livestream" Addon.
But a lot of stuttering, frame drops, etc.
At least, the A10 will end, where it comes from....in my garage, as an Internet-Radio player, running Android and "Tunein".
Wasted time with this "low-end crap". Sad

I have an A31 too, but it seems, nobody is able to build a Linux image for it?
Mine actually works pretty nice now. The only minor issue is that wifi is quite slow, but I'm too lazy to run an ethernet cable to the box.
The 'fix' I mentioned earlier (restarting xbmc) only seems to work -after- a video has been played. So I added this to rc.local:
Code:
sudo start xbmc
(sleep 40s; sudo xbmc-send -a "PlayMedia(/home/linaro/)"; sleep 5s; sudo xbmc-send -a "PlayerControl(stop)"; sleep 5;  sudo restart xbmc) &
Booting is quite slow but atleast it's automatic. You'll have to place a video file in the /home/linaro folder for it to work. And you need xbmc-eventclients-xbmc-send installed.
Hi there, i have allwinner a20 chipset, did anyone can intro with xbmc i should use ? as i try alot xbmc apk, non of that support HD quality movie, pls help, thanks
just seen this on another forum http://linux-sunxi.org/CedarX/libve hope someone can use it
rella has committed the blue-screen fix on its git hub branch. tested and working:

git clone https://github.com/rellla/xbmca10.git rellla

cd rella
git checkout stage/Frodo_fixblue2

cd tools/a10/depends
make
make -C xbmc
(2013-07-25, 21:53)stormrev Wrote: rella has committed the blue-screen fix on its git hub branch. tested and working:

git clone https://github.com/rellla/xbmca10.git rellla

cd rella
git checkout stage/Frodo_fixblue2

cd tools/a10/depends
make
make -C xbmc

But what is the performace? Can it play 1080p?
Hi guys.

I've a Raspberry PI (256MB RAM) with OpenELEC and it works fine (more or less...) to see my videos. It's connected to my Panasonic TV (HDMI) and I control it using CEC (using original Panasonic remote control)

4 months ago I've also bought a Cubieboard A10 (1GB RAM) used since now for a small networked server (no display, mouse, keyboard, only network) and ArchLinux.
Now I've changed OS: Cubian http://cubian.org a Debian Wheezy armhf standard installation coupled with a custom kernel suitable to run with Cubieboard A10 (and A20 too). It works very very fine, I'm very satisfied with Cubian !!

Now, just for fun, I want to compile XBMC for Cubieboard A10 and, in normal usage, to make a comparison with Raspberry.
This is the first time that I compile XBMC but job is working. When I finished I will post a newbie guide to compile xbmc.

But I've a question.
Running usual "make -C xbmc" I see:
Code:
root@Cubian:~/xbmc_cubian/xbmca10/tools/a10/depends# time make -C xbmc
make: Entering directory `/root/xbmc_cubian/xbmca10/tools/a10/depends/xbmc'
(cd ../../../../; ./bootstrap)
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/xbmc_cubian/xbmca10'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/xbmc_cubian/xbmca10'
make[1]: Entering directory `/root/xbmc_cubian/xbmca10'
Warning: No doxygen installed. The Api will not have any docstrings.
mkdir -p xbmc/interfaces/python/generated/doxygenxml
mkdir -p xbmc/interfaces/python/generated
/usr/bin/swig -w401 -c++ -o xbmc/interfaces/python/generated/AddonModuleXbmcvfs.xml -xml -I./xbmc -xmllang python xbmc/interfaces/swig/AddonModuleXbmcvfs.i
/usr/bin/java -cp "./lib/groovy/groovy-all-1.8.4.jar:./lib/groovy/commons-lang-2.6.jar:./tools/codegenerator:xbmc/interfaces/python" \
          groovy.ui.GroovyMain ./tools/codegenerator/Generator.groovy xbmc/interfaces/python/generated/AddonModuleXbmcvfs.xml xbmc/interfaces/python/PythonSwig.cpp.template xbmc/interfaces/python/generated/AddonModuleXbmcvfs.cpp ces/python/PythonSwig.cpp.template, xbmc/interfaces/python/generated/AddonModuleXbmcvfs.cpp]cessing "xbmc/interfaces/python/PythonSwig.cpp.template" using the module specification for module "xbmc/interfaces/python/generated/AddonModuleXbmcvfs.xml"
writing
rm xbmc/interfaces/python/generated/AddonModuleXbmcvfs.xml
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/xbmc_cubian/xbmca10'
(cd ../../../../; ./configure --prefix=/allwinner/xbmc-pvr-binhf --build=arm-linux-gnueabihf --host=arm-linux-gnueabihf --disable-x11 --disable-sdl --disable-xrandr --disable-joystick --disable-gl --disable-vdpau --disable-vaapi --disable-openmax --enable-neon --enable-gles --disable-mysql --disable-optical-drive --disable-crystalhd --disable-vtbdecoder --disable-pulse --disable-projectm --disable-libcec --disable-optimizations )
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking build system type... arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf
(...omississ...)

Why "--disable-libcec" (libcec1 library and -dev ARE installed in my Cubie) Huh So I cannot use this XBMC with CEC like my Raspberry ?
Can I change xbmc_cubian/xbmca10/tools/a10/depends/xbmc/Makefile and reneable it ? It's safe ?

Thanks.
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?15