Revo 3700 or Revo RL70 or Lenovo Q180 - Any Idea?
I am very much a noob and my experience goes as far as Windows and ATV2

Was Wondering which would be better for XBMC, perhaps a dual boot of Win7 and XBMCbuntu/openelec?

Looking for the most forward (read : Noob Friendly)

Answers On A Postcard

Lenovo Q180
http://www.ebuyer.com/288843-lenovo-idea...op-vc71huk

Acer Revo 3700
http://www.ebuyer.com/279898-acer-aspire...-semec-036

Acer Revo RL70
http://www.ebuyer.com/319567-acer-revo-r...-sj4ec-003

Prices Are Very Similar

Thanks In Advance Big Grin
As far as spec, it come down to Lenovo Q180 vs. Acer Revo RL70....to me, Q180 looks nicer.....!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks for replying

So q180 is probably better spec wise?

And ati vs nvidia makes no difference in choice? I would like to try to boot straight into xbmcbuntu for the wife's sake
(2012-04-07, 18:07)roy8846 Wrote: Thanks for replying

So q180 is probably better spec wise?

And ati vs nvidia makes no difference in choice? I would like to try to boot straight into xbmcbuntu for the wife's sake
For xbmcbuntu, you might have easier time with Nvidia graphic card. What happen with Windows? XBMC+Windows 7 is as good as it get, and you can customize XBMC startup with this guide- Customizing Windows for XBMC

Brill thanks for that.

So the atom is better than e450

Or is it the gfx that count more between them?
(2012-04-07, 18:58)roy8846 Wrote: Brill thanks for that.

So the atom is better than e450

Or is it the gfx that count more between them?
You make the call: here are the spec Intel Atom 2700 (2.13GHz dual-core+AMD HD6450A) vs. AMD E450 (1.65GHz dual-core+HD6320).....

That's the point I have no idea, guess I will go with consensus in this thread Wink

Thanks for the help though and at least responding to a noob
for windows, Lenovo Q180
(2012-04-07, 20:47)roy8846 Wrote: That's the point I have no idea, guess I will go with consensus in this thread Wink
For the same price, go for the system with better spec.....in this case, Lenovo Q180 got my vote......

To answer my own question ,

I went for a Lenovo Q180 and a Xenta Wireless Keyboard/Trackpad and its real nice kit for the money...

Havent done any HD tests yet but flash works real nice and XBMC works a treat Big Grin (with Confluence skin at least)
(2012-04-11, 18:54)roy8846 Wrote: To answer my own question ,

I went for a Lenovo Q180 and a Xenta Wireless Keyboard/Trackpad and its real nice kit for the money...

Havent done any HD tests yet but flash works real nice and XBMC works a treat Big Grin (with Confluence skin at least)
I'm glad that everything work out great for you. Yes, throw some HD movies in it.......

That is a very nice keyboard/mouse combo. If you want a smaller keyboard/mouse/remote controller combo, this "Lenovo N5902" is a sleek device....

If you are interesting in bitstreaming HD audio with it, you can check out my signature below....

I am just about to buy one of these but wanted to check it works ok with OpenElec Intel or generic builds? I am currently running a Revo 3700 with a OpenElec Ion build.

Thanks in Advance

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying the lenovo aswell did you tried the HD 3D..?
How long does it takes to boot to XBMC?

Thanks
The Q180 is on sale right now for $330. I'm debating on this vs. a brand new Revo RL70 on Craigslist for $250.

It doesn't need to be fast, or do anything online. It won't even be connected to a network. Strictly playback of 720p .mkv Disney cartoon BluRays via XBMC under Windows 7, connected via HDMI to a 50" LED TV.

What's the consensus?

Huh
My Living Room Theater XBMC Mini-ITX Build
CASE: MI-100 - MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX - APU: A6-3500
Kingston 4GB 1600MHz - SanDisk 128GB SSD -- DVDRW
W7 HP - Kodi 15 - Confluence | ATV1 w/BCM970015 & Crystalbuntu in the BR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Revo 3700 or Revo RL70 or Lenovo Q180 - Any Idea?0