• 7(current)
Linux AudioEngine testers - Linux only
(2012-05-07, 16:05)spiff Wrote: @ jan-erik;use the list in README.ubuntu instead.

Haha, it was moved since I posted!

For those needing it:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...DME.ubuntu
HTPC: Gentoo linux amd64 w/ xbmc merged with AE
(2012-05-07, 16:03)negge Wrote: The issues I've been having with 5.1 96KHz FLACs have been fixed! Huge respect to gnif!

I suspect it was fixed with this commit: https://github.com/gnif/xbmc/commit/5898...de70faa7b4

So, to wrap it out, every single media file I have on my computer now plays perfectly! Now I'm just waiting for the final merge so I can continue tracking XBMC master again.

Same here; tried many different formats and all seem to work now. Will keep trying though Wink
Thanks Gnif!
I compiled today and now I am able to play videos with DTS HD MA, PCM 48 kHz and PCM 96 KHz. Earlier flac coded music played with a lot of distortion, but now it plays fine.
Except from the updated source code I also used the XBMC dependencies from https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...DME.ubuntu, as adviced by wingrunr21, instead of the one from the downloaded README.ubuntu. When I compared they were different. The one from https://github.... included libtinyxml-dev and there are perhaps other differencies.
@P-I-H: There are some differences between master and gnif's. As long as you can successfully run ./configure you're fine. It doesn't really matter if you have tons of extra libraries installed, it's not like they take up that much space.
I have te follow error in Openelec with 290 drivers...(how can i check drivers?)

I have a Asus en210 silent Nvidia card in a HPDC 7700

"Error - No devices Found" in System - Audio Settings

Code:
root ~ # aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 8: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 9: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]

Photo of Error

(2012-05-06, 19:36)elite1967 Wrote: Hi all,
been testing this version and must say that everything seems to be working very well.
DTS-HD-MA, DTS-HR, Dolby TrueHD, and all other formats are working fine through HDMI to my receiver.

I found two issues that cannot solve:

1) DVD playback crashes XBMC
2) JSON is not working

More in detail:
1) I have several DVDs both in folder and in .iso. If I start playing back a DVD it goes to the menu and then when I press "PLAY MOVIE" XBMC crashes.
Single .vob files play fine, so I assume it's something to do with the MENU interpreter, or something like that.

2) Since the installation of this version I haven't been able to connect using JSON.RPC. Port 9777 and 9090 are open and listening. Eror message in the log file is "ERROR: JSONRPC Server: Failed to connect to sdpd"

Attached is the log file in debug mode when I open a DVD and in the DVD Menu I select "PLAY MOVIE". Immediately after that there is a crash.

Thanks for helping.

http://pastebin.com/nmSDPM0N

Ubuntu 11.04
nVidia GT430 - driver 290
xbmc AE version: 15/04/2012

Sorry for gently bumping this message, but is anyone else having this problem? or it's just me?

Is the log file helpful to understand the issues?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

REMINDER: still no working AE on linux with a p16v device Sad
@joethefox - without access to one of these cards I can not move forward on it
I am not scared of SVN - Cutting my hands open on the bleeding edge.
I've one Creative SBS Audigy SE Bulk (model: SB0570) on the desk ready to be shipped to you. Just need to check if it has the same chip of the audigy2. Second option: ssh access to my machine.
On a side note, whenever someone from coders wants to look into enumeration problems I've reported (still present after latest commits (EnumerateEx/etc.)) he can have ssh access to my host too.
Just to pipe in - we're two days from the end of this month's merge window, and coding furiously, so if the above don't get action in the next day or two you'll know why. Right now all priorities are on stuff affecting the widest base of users. Once the merge is in we have a lot of code prepped already for the first big update (next merge cycle) and will be looking at some of the smaller details like gui sounds and things affecting smaller user bases.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
@joethefox - Check if the card has the p16v device, if so its what I need. SSH in this case wont assist as I need to verify the device output.

@gfdsa - I know what your issue is and I have been searching for a solution, currently we are assuming devices with the string 'Digital' in them are IEC958, your device doesn't show that name, we need to find a reliable way of identifying IEC958 devices.
@gnif, just a side not and a suggestion maybe. Shouldn't HDMI outputs be treated differently from iec958? Afaik they are different as capabilities and the string "HDMI" seems to be a reliable way to detect them.
@gfdsa - We detect HDMI vs IEC958, the problem is your device doesnt report HDMI in its hardware name at all
(2012-05-09, 09:23)gnif Wrote: @joethefox - Check if the card has the p16v device, if so its what I need. SSH in this case wont assist as I need to verify the device output.

I think I've got an unused Audigy2 laying around, which should have P16V. Will take a look this evening.
Home AV[/b]: Panasonic TX-P42ST33 Plasma | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Teufel 5.1 THX- Speakers | ATV2 | Wetek Core| DN2820FYK LibreElec | Harmony One Remote

• 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AudioEngine testers - Linux only4