brief green pixelation during resume
Uhh, put in the BluRay disc and play it in XBMC.

Bluray noticed your CPU has the Intel 3000HD built in. I guess your mobo doesn't support it though.
(2012-04-28, 19:19)tman12 Wrote: @ArieS That is exactly the behavior I'm getting, with it on I get some green pixelation and with it off I get some grey pixelation. Do me a favor and check how many reference frames are in your files. Use mediainfo and check under Reframes.
They seem they be different depending on the movie. An example is 4 frames for M:I Ghost protocol.

(2012-04-28, 19:28)kricker Wrote: Uhh, put in the BluRay disc and play it in XBMC.
Lol, that's it? I thought I needed to have a software to play them directly as if I try to play them on my PC directly I can't.
And no options in XBMC to set up?
I'll give it a try later on then.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
(2012-04-28, 19:25)ArieS Wrote:
(2012-04-28, 18:41)kricker Wrote: If you play the original BluRay, does it exhibit the same behavior?
Not sure how to do that..?

(2012-04-28, 18:52)bluray Wrote:
(2012-04-28, 12:13)ArieS Wrote: I have the same exact problem as tman12.
With DVXA on I get the green screen, with DVXA off I don't, but when fast forwarding I get some grey crapolisation Smile

I'm using a ATI Radeon 5560, i7 2600k Intel, 8gigs of ram, Win 7 Ultimate.
My movies are also 1:1 copies using MakeMkv...
You have a powerful i7-2600k with HD3000....I'm wondering why you need HD5560. Can you try these.....

1. Use onboard HDMI output (which use HD3000 iGPU...) and connects your system this way- onboard HDMI output-->AVR HDMI output and from AVR HDMI output-->HDTV HDMI input via two HDMI cables
2. Update Intel latest driver- Automatically identify and find drivers
3. You might need this too- Intel Management Engine Interface Driver
4. Disable DXVA2 and everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback.....your powerful i7 don't need it
5. Disable "Use fullscreen window rather than a true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output...

You should be able to playback blu-ray in full 1080P and bitstreaming HD audio with Intel HD3000 iGPU......
My mobo doesn't have an onboard videocard...
Man, you bought a very powerful i7-2600k without a mobo with HDMI output.....you miss out on the powerful Intel i7-2600k HD3000 iGPU....

You could have got this- ASUS P8H61-M (REV 3.0)

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
You may need something like AnyDVD to disable the copy protection. That should be about it.

@bluray, jump in here if there is something else he needs to do.
(2012-04-28, 19:37)ArieS Wrote: Lol, that's it? I thought I needed to have a software to play them directly as if I try to play them on my PC directly I can't.
And no options in XBMC to set up?
I'll give it a try later on then.
If your blu-ray disc is encrypted, XBMC will not play it. You can download the "AnyDVD HD" 14-day free trial to run it in the background. It'll allow you to use XBMC Play Disc option.......you'll need to reboot your HTPC after you downloaded AnyDVD HD....

(2012-04-28, 19:54)bluray Wrote: Man, you bought a very powerful i7-2600k without a mobo with HDMI output.....you miss out on the powerful Intel i7-2600k HD3000 iGPU....

You could have got this- ASUS P8H61-M (REV 3.0)
I have this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813128488 and I'm happy with it.

How much better is the HD3000 compare to a 5560 or a 6XXX from ATI?

I do have AnyDVD HD so I'll give it a try.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
Alright, I have the file uploaded. Its in a dropbox account, sorry if this is not a great way to do it but I couldn't get it to upload anywhere else - it kept freezing. I have terrible upload speeds, still no information on the ffmpeg error codes?

www.dropbox.com

username [email protected]
password mediacenter
I'm sitting here right now watching Chris Botti in Boston as a test with a file that has < 3 reference frames and it is playing perfect, no drops, no pixels, and no green macroblocks. I went ahead and got a smaller encoded file that has 4 reference frames and it played without pixelation but I did still see drops, I have to believe at this point it is an ffmpeg codec issue with files that have more than 3 reference frames. Do you think I'm incorrect? Just from my testing I can conclude:

< 3 reference frames high or low bitrate plays perfect
>3 reference frames low bitrate plays without pixelation or macroblocking (green) but does have drops
>3 reference frames high bitrate gives brief green pixelation/macroblocking and has drops - not crazy drops just drops here and there during skipping, resume and sometimes straight from play

I may try this evening to encode a high bitrate 4 Reframe file and keep the size/bitrate but reduce the frames to 3 and see what the results are. At least this way I can tell if it is indeed related to the frames. This won't solve the issue for me though because there is no way I'm going to do this for all of my files.
(2012-04-28, 20:39)ArieS Wrote: How much better is the HD3000 compare to a 5560 or a 6XXX from ATI?
It's not better. I'm simply saying that you could have cleaner interior, more room for air flow, use less energy, etc without a discrete GPU in it. HD3000 in i7 is a very capable iGPU......I"m dreaming of it....Big Grin

My Core i3 is also very capable and uses very little power.

Tman12, I'll take a look at that file tonight or tomorrow.
(2012-04-29, 03:38)kricker Wrote: My Core i3 is also very capable and uses very little power.
If you have this "Intel Core i3-2125", it should be a great all-in-on CPU....

(2012-04-28, 21:10)tman12 Wrote: Alright, I have the file uploaded. Its in a dropbox account, sorry if this is not a great way to do it but I couldn't get it to upload anywhere else - it kept freezing. I have terrible upload speeds, still no information on the ffmpeg error codes?

www.dropbox.com

username [email protected]
password mediacenter
I tried your file with my AMD HD5570 GPU. I got a "brief green pixelation" at first. With the configurations below, no more green pixelation....

Well, yes. That is the point of this whole thread blu. I want to USE DXVA2, why wouldn't my machine be able to support this advanced acceleration? Also, when it is off the performance is good but not great. There are also drops that effect things like skipping and resuming, I guess I could deal with it but I like using PseudoTV which relies heavily on resuming.
(2012-04-29, 15:53)tman12 Wrote: Well, yes. That is the point of this whole thread blu. I want to USE DXVA2, why wouldn't my machine be able to support this advanced acceleration?
I guess that you cannot win it all.......it's the same way with Intel Sandy Bridge. Since CPU is strong enough to do this job, you really don't need it....

(2012-04-29, 15:53)tman12 Wrote: Also, when it is off the performance is good but not great. There are also drops that effect things like skipping and resuming, I guess I could deal with it but I like using PseudoTV which relies heavily on resuming.
I'm not sure why it do that with your A8-3870K. I can skip and resume with my less than powerfull Intel E7200+HD5570 HTPC without drop......

@bluray I thought you said in a previous post or thread that your files were playing perfect with DXVA and DXVA2 turned on with no artifacts and no drops. Then you tested my file and had the same issues I have. I would assume we are not using the same type of files if you are not having issues until using one of my files. That could explain why you can skip and resume without drops with a less powerful HTPC.

@kricker Did you get a chance to test my files on your Nvidia systems? I would really hate to return my card and purchase an Nvidia card and still have the same problems. Also does anyone know of an Nvidia card that would go with the 3870k and fit inside the ML03B case?

Thanks for the help guys!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
brief green pixelation during resume0