airplay help!
whats up guys. i just installed xbmcbuntu eden on a 2 year old laptop that im gonna use for a htpc. i did a clean install of the newest build that can be downloaded from the site and i am having problems with airplay. i have not hooked up the laptop to my hdtv (which will be via hdmi) but as of now when i try to use airplay with my iphone it only gives me an option to stream audio or video when i choose to stream a movie. it makes me choose if i want sound or picture and im wondering if this will be solved by connecting the laptop to my tv through hdmi or if i will ever be able to listen and watch via airplay on my native laptop speakers. thanks for the support. if you guys have any words of wisdom then bestow that shit!
If your laptop is connected via hdmi or not doesn't matter airplay.

- If your laptop and your iphone are on the same wlan
- and you have enabled airplay
- you should be able to use airplay from at least the iphone youtube (video and audio) and photos (photos) apps.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
yea i figured it didnt matter but my idevice produces an airplay option for both sound and video. as in when i select the aitplay option my xbmcbuntu laptop appears with an icon for audio and video. no matter which one i select it gives me an audio error and informs me that i should correct it wia my audio settings. im just wondering what setting i need to change or if i have to add some thing. thanks for the wuick reply my man!
Do you also have any other airplay-receiver software running on your laptop?

There should only be one "XBMC" labeled entry visible on your iDevice.

The error message you get in xbmc is not airplay related, you really should check your xbmc audio settings.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
its a fresh install, so i am unaware of any other airplay software...do u have any ideas on what i should be looking for in cheking my audio settings?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
airplay help!0