• 315(current)
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support
So I just reorganized my movie folders on my NAS.
The bulk of my movies were already done from the past.
So after doing a search I now have 672 movies in MC when I only have 629 in the folder...
It is scraping my extras...
Many of my movies have and 'extras' sub-folder with my extras in it.
How do I stop MC from scanning these? It created an nfo file in each of these folders and even created extrafanart folders.
They are appearing in my movie list under the title 'Extras (2001)...... about 40 of this title!

Also, my existing nfo files are titled <movie>.nfo
Going through some and checking for missing titles in 'sets'... after adding a movie to a set it creates a second nfo in the directory titled movie.nfo and then adds a duplicate title to the movie list....
(2018-10-18, 02:00)huttdes Wrote: So I just reorganized my movie folders on my NAS.
So after doing a search I now have 672 movies in MC when I only have 629 in the folder...
How do I stop MC from scanning these? It created an nfo file in each of these folders and even created extrafanart folders.
They are appearing in my movie list under the title 'Extras (2001)...... about 40 of this title!

Going through some and checking for missing titles in 'sets'... after adding a movie to a set it creates a second nfo in the directory titled movie.nfo and then adds a duplicate title to the movie list....

Did you set up MC to Exclude scanning of the "extras" folder? See Wiki - Common setting tab

Also, users can create a .nomedia file in any folder they wish skipped of scraping. The above is easier specially if you's got a lot of the same folder to exclude.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2018-10-18, 03:41)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-10-18, 02:00)huttdes Wrote: So I just reorganized my movie folders on my NAS.

Did you set up MC to Exclude scanning of the "extras" folder? See Wiki - Common setting tab

Also, users can create a .nomedia file in any folder they wish skipped of scraping. The above is easier specially if you's got a lot of the same folder to exclude. 
 Didn't catch that while exploring the settings. Problem solved.
Also found the option that was causing my double nfo's.

Thank you.
(2018-10-11, 06:54)RonnieG3 Wrote: Howdy, my good peeps! Quick question: So, I use SONAR to with MC to automate my TV/Episodes ansd such. It's known that occasionally certain series will reset to Un-Verified because something changes with the series (usually ratings and such); but without fail every series that shows un-verified and displays the  "?" in the series list is missing the IMDb ID. On my most recent refresh, every series is missing it.

Hey @RonnieG3

Sorry, I missed an important part of your message.
If the episodes are being reset to Un-Verified, then Sonar is overwriting the nfo's.
the Un-Verified appears because the <state> tag can not be found in the nfo. This is usually because another program has edited the nfo, and is also the reason why the IMDb Id disappears.

As long as the TVDb Id is still present, then batch rescrape with series Premiered selected should be sufficient to re-populate the Series IMDb Id.
Selecting Air Date for episodes should also add back the IMDb Id for episodes.

But that is something the Sonar should correct at their end.
Or, find out why Sonar is re-writing the nfo.

Cheers
Media Companion Dev.
Vbat99,

last night I batched scraped actors and it deleted some of my actors on some films, i use tmdb as my scraper...
(2018-10-23, 04:50)Edworld Wrote: Vbat99,

last night I batched scraped actors and it deleted some of my actors on some films, i use tmdb as my scraper...

By delete your meaning there was an actor assigned to the movie, but now that actor is not listed against the movie?
Check TMDb if the actor is still associated with the movie.
Also check if you have set a limit for Max actors for movies.
Media Companion Dev.
(2018-10-23, 04:53)vbat99 Wrote:
(2018-10-23, 04:50)Edworld Wrote: Vbat99,

By delete your meaning there was an actor assigned to the movie, but now that actor is not listed against the movie?
Check TMDb if the actor is still associated with the movie.
Also check if you have set a limit for Max actors for movies. 
Yes, actor assigned and gone after batch scrape. If I rescrape just that movie, actors populate again.
Very interesting........
Can you give me a title of a movie. I assume both Scrape and Batch rescrape are getting actors from TMDb?
Media Companion Dev.
(2018-10-23, 05:46)vbat99 Wrote: Very interesting........
Can you give me a title of a movie. I assume both Scrape and Batch rescrape are getting actors from TMDb?

Tmdb is used to scrape actors:

Kill bill 1 and 2
Some ghibli movies, don’t remember which ones
Some charlie chaplin movies
i scraped all 22 (for some 23) Studio Ghibli movies a few days ago. all fine on my side.
https://ibb.co/j62TVq
____
@vbat99 
You have already fulfilled so many feature requests, truly a dream now with MC.
I do not dare ask for anything anymore, but maybe you are still open for 1, 2 ideas that I still have in stock.

With the exception of the problem with filtering in the search bar, if there is only one entry left, i have not detected any problems or bugs.
& when (over)scraping episodes, in some scenarios "default" rating is double. But when fresh new scraping everything works fine.

Again, a great program!
(2018-10-23, 17:18)chrissix Wrote: i scraped all 22 (for some 23) Studio Ghibli movies a few days ago. all fine on my side.
https://ibb.co/j62TVq

Did you select ghibli films and then scraped? This works for me too, but if i scrape all movies for actors using batch scraper i have issues.
vbat99,

Batch scraped genre and got this error:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Media_Companion.TMDb.get_Genres()
   at Media_Companion.Movie.RescrapeSpecific(RescrapeList rl)
   at Media_Companion.Movies.BatchRescrapeSpecific(List`1 NfoFilenames, RescrapeList rl)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.CallSubByName(String SubName)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
(2018-10-28, 06:03)Edworld Wrote: vbat99,

Batch scraped genre and got this error:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Media_Companion.TMDb.get_Genres()
   at Media_Companion.Movie.RescrapeSpecific(RescrapeList rl)
   at Media_Companion.Movies.BatchRescrapeSpecific(List`1 NfoFilenames, RescrapeList rl)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.CallSubByName(String SubName)
   at Media_Companion.Form1.BckWrkScnMovies_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

No issue here. TMDb Genre scraped perfectly in Batch or Specific option. Could one of your movies not have a TMDB and IMDB Id?
Media Companion Dev.
Hey, Rob.
Quick question about movie naming.  The default for unusable characters (e.g. ":") is an Underscore, correct?  Is that configurable somewhere I'm maybe not seeing?  That niggling thing in me hates Underscores. LOL
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2018-10-23, 14:30)Edworld Wrote: Tmdb is used to scrape actors:

Kill bill 1 and 2
Some ghibli movies, don’t remember which ones
Some charlie chaplin movies

Just tested with Kill Bill 1 & 2
And on scrape and batch rescrape, I get 36 & 28 actors respectively every time.

These counts match with the amount of Cast for each movie on TMDb.

Sorry, at this time it is not reproducible.
Media Companion Dev.
  • 315(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion 3 beta's - Now with Music Video support10