• 7(current)
[DEAD] Watched Data Export/Import - Programs Addon
Oh I am sorry, for some reason it seems I missed that ^^
Well I dont think that version is suffering from that issue since it is working basically independently from file names. But I cannot promise since I did not test that. If you got your filenames like that it would be nice if you could give it a try to find out. Smile
Cool,
I'll give it a test on a few files and see go it goes Smile

Thanks Devkid,
Pat
devkid Cheers Mate, will try this tonight
(2013-04-16, 22:41)devkid Wrote: When reporting bugs please enable XBMC debug mode and provide the complete logfile. Thank you.

I get an error when trying to import. Here's a snippet from the log:

10:15:43 T:4897132544 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xb7' in position 4: ordinal not in range(128)

Something strange with one of my filenames?

Weirdly, when I try to upload the log to XBMClogs.com, I get the error message "Your paste contains a phrase that has been censored". Huh? It won't let me paste the log file. So here's the log in pastebin.com:

http://pastebin.com/KvU7MVjM

...chico
Thanks for taking the time to report. Could you please send me your exact exported XML file? I am hoping to be able to reproduce the issue on my side with it so I can test my fix myself. Thank you!
(2013-04-19, 01:10)devkid Wrote: Thanks for taking the time to report. Could you please send me your exact exported XML file? I am hoping to be able to reproduce the issue on my side with it so I can test my fix myself. Thank you!

Sure. Are pasted text contents ok or do you want the standalone file? If the standalone file, what's the preferred way of transferring it? It's 70 kb.
(2013-04-19, 02:35)chicowoodhill Wrote:
(2013-04-19, 01:10)devkid Wrote: Thanks for taking the time to report. Could you please send me your exact exported XML file? I am hoping to be able to reproduce the issue on my side with it so I can test my fix myself. Thank you!

Sure. Are pasted text contents ok or do you want the standalone file? If the standalone file, what's the preferred way of transferring it? It's 70 kb.

Here it is as a file (renamed to .xml.txt to allow the sharing site to accept it). Let me know if you need it via a different transfer mechanism.

https://anonfiles.com/file/5a678e6dadca7...16dfbf8d2c

...chico
Big thanks, I was able to reproduce and hopefully fixed it now. Please have a try with this:
script.watched.states-1.1.0

- Added mode to clear all watched states from the library
- Improved import speed by ignoring already existing states
- Fixed unicode problems (hopefully)

- Print out videos that did not match to standard log
(2013-04-20, 14:22)devkid Wrote: Big thanks, I was able to reproduce and hopefully fixed it now. Please have a try with this:
script.watched.states-1.1.0

- Added mode to clear all watched states from the library
- Improved import speed by ignoring already existing states
- Fixed unicode problems (hopefully)

- Print out videos that did not match to standard log

Works! Thanks! Now my libraries are in sync regarding "watched" status.

But a question: The results dialog indicates that "12 items could not be found". I see this type of entry in XBMC.LOG:

> 10:16:27 T:4819091456 NOTICE: script.watched.states: Did not find match for: Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview2012

I think I see what's going on but could you please clarify how the script works and why some media items are "not found"?
The script reads the XML file and tries to find a matching entry in your current XBMC database for every XML element. If it does not find a matching item then that is what happened to you.

It works like this: For movies it tries to match title + year, for TV show episodes it matches showtitle, episode number and season number. Currently not all informations in the XML are used. To compare items it builds a string from the aforementioned components. So for a movie is "<Title>+<Year>" and for episodes it is "<showname>+S<season number>+E<episode number>".

So in your case the matching movie has to have the title "Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview" and be from the year 2012.

So make sure that you actually have that movie in your database. If that is the case then please post the debug log. Hopefully I can figure out what went wrong. I assume it again (or still) has something to do with the unicode encoding. Do all unmatched movies have special characters in the name like ":" in the above movie?
(2013-04-20, 21:16)devkid Wrote: The script reads the XML file and tries to find a matching entry in your current XBMC database for every XML element. If it does not find a matching item then that is what happened to you.

It works like this: For movies it tries to match title + year, for TV show episodes it matches showtitle, episode number and season number. Currently not all informations in the XML are used. To compare items it builds a string from the aforementioned components. So for a movie is "<Title>+<Year>" and for episodes it is "<showname>+S<season number>+E<episode number>".

So in your case the matching movie has to have the title "Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview" and be from the year 2012.

So make sure that you actually have that movie in your database. If that is the case then please post the debug log. Hopefully I can figure out what went wrong. I assume it again (or still) has something to do with the unicode encoding. Do all unmatched movies have special characters in the name like ":" in the above movie?

What you say makes sense to me. In my case, both media folders (TV & Movies) should be exactly the same, since I run a folder synchronization process on them each time they are brought together (i.e., when I get home from traveling). So if I understand what you've told me, if the media folders have the exact same contents, and the libraries have been updated (automatically done when XBMC is started), I don't understand why some items could not be found.

Unfortunately, I've just left on another trip and (damn!) forgot to grab the traveling HD, so I can't examine what's going on until I return later in the week. When I get back, I'll take a closer look at the media folders, libraries, and exported .xml file, to see if I can determine the issue. I'll post back with anything I see, and will provide you with any data you might request to assist in debugging.

Just had a thought...I may be able to remotely log into the home machine and try some tests that way. I'll do so if I find time.

Again, thanks for all the effort thus far...

...chico
Sure, you are welcome. Feel free to report back when you have time. Also big thanks for your support!

Btw, I added "Steve Jobs: The Lost Interview" to my library using a "faked" avi-file. For me the watched state import for that movie from the XML worked well. So I guess special characters are not the problem in general... Lets see Wink
(2013-04-21, 12:05)devkid Wrote: Sure, you are welcome. Feel free to report back when you have time. Also big thanks for your support!

Alas, haven't had any real time to dive into the logs. Nor will I in the next month as I'll be on the road constantly.

However, the anomalies I'm experiencing may well be something wrong with one of my libraries, not this script. There are some weird things in my debug logs, and until I understand them I can't say whether or not the script is missing something or whether my library is throwing something strange at it.

If I do find that the script is having issues with something, I'll post back. Again, thanks for the effort. I'm sure a lot of folks will make use of it until it becomes an imbedded feature of XBMC.
Unfortunately I found the addon script.watched.states from devkid too late
I wrote a similar addon which supports XBMC Frodo. Forum Thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=164652
I hope this helps someone (advantage: autostart without user interaction, incremental update with database instead of xml file, identification by imdbnumber and thetvdb-number and not by name).
(2013-04-16, 22:50)pettergulbra Wrote: Would it be possible to have this run on two machines to sync the watched list between them?
It does this too
I exported in Eden and upgraded to frodo. Trying to import and i get script failed

In xbmc.log, its showing

unimplemented method: executehttpapi::XBMCAddon::xbmc::executehttpapi(...)

Does this work in Frodo? I've lost a whole bunch of watched status upgrading and I want to get it back! Sad
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DEAD] Watched Data Export/Import - Programs Addon2