APPLE TV 1 VS 2ND GEN?
On the Apple tv 1 do the addons on xbmc run slower than the apple tv 2?

or are both of them the same speed wise??

Thanks
Apple TV 1 (wiki) with a Broadcom Crystal HD (wiki) card will run faster for everything than the Apple TV 2 (wiki). Apple TV 1 is basically a small computer, while the Apple TV 2 is based on iPhone hardware. So if you can find a used ATV1 and aren't afraid of doing the Broadcom mod, I'd do that (I use one as my main HTPC right now). I still love the ATV2, but ATV1+BCHD is a great set-up for the same price.

Various other pros and cons. Search the forums for a bunch of threads on it. Big thing is if you want Netflix, ATV1 can't do Netflix.
(2012-04-28, 19:08)Ned Scott Wrote: Apple TV 1 (wiki) with a Broadcom Crystal HD (wiki) card will run faster for everything than the Apple TV 2 (wiki). Apple TV 1 is basically a small computer, while the Apple TV 2 is based on iPhone hardware. So if you can find a used ATV1 and aren't afraid of doing the Broadcom mod, I'd do that (I use one as my main HTPC right now). I still love the ATV2, but ATV1+BCHD is a great set-up for the same price.

Various other pros and cons. Search the forums for a bunch of threads on it. Big thing is if you want Netflix, ATV1 can't do Netflix.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
APPLE TV 1 VS 2ND GEN?0